• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Been lurking through the thread since I last posted, but I think it's about time to change that.

Vote: Seth Rollins

I agree about the general scummy nature of his posts. Choosing a vague phrase that applies to anyone to put in the lie detector is really suspicious.

Not really finding anyone else suspicious at the moment, sooo

Space, I'd like to see you come up with something more than borrowing the suspicions of a dead player.

That wasn't even the whole case, I didn't like you trying paint the wagon as a likely scum wagon (or half scum at least) when max's actions were just suspicious. Kyriaki's FOS just made me more skeptical.

Were you saying that jd is another case of CWAC?

Basically yeah and there was just a lack of effort on his part.

I'm not disagreeing with the result, just the interpretation of it. After all, as a Hider, I would literally always have something to hide: Myself.

I'm still not convinced. Just... what's the chance of Seth choosing to lie detect you and use it on that particular phrase? And for you to keep using the word "hide" when as I said before, it was unlikely anyone was going to catch on. After all this entire game involves people hiding things. There's no way for you to prove your role (unless someone attempted to vig kill you but that relies on a vig in the first place) and that just makes me even more unsure.

I'm not familiar with ereshkigal's play-style so can anyone who is answer if Amplified Hider makes sense for them? I know ereshkigal admitted to being trollish but I don't see how that works for a hider.

By the way, the the sentence itself was vague that Seth used the lie detect on, but I don't see what other option they had? Out of these sentences, "Have someone do an alignment check of me. And a role check if you want. I've got nothing to hide.", the only option would be the last. The other two wouldn't be lies - and like I said before, that last sentence was attached to the other two. It makes sense to me?

@Elementar can we get a current vote count?

@Pika_pika42 I thought Eresh was trying to bait the night kill. Don't see him as Godfather.

As for the discussion on Eresh's role...the most common Hider I've seen is the variant where they will avoid all night actions if they hide behind town, nothing will happen if they target an independent, and they die if they target mafia. Eresh didn't mention any of this though.

@Space that's fair, my posts were a bit shallow thought-wise. Still trying to wrap my head around this game.

Also, I think those votes on Seth are shortsighted. He could be lying but I don't see why mafia would try to lynch someone who was cop checked. Once the flip comes, if Eresh is not Godfather then Seth is going to be next. Not really a good swap this early in the game, especially since mafia is already down a player.

Of the members currently voting Seth, The Light is the most suspicious to me (though Max being sheepy as heck isn't helping), he kind of came out of nowhere to post that vote, and I think his reasoning that Seth choosing a vague statement is somehow suspicious is wrong.

Vote: The Light

I don't die for hiding behind Mafia. There is a condition under which I do die, and it'll be obvious if it happens, but I'm not revealing it for obvious reasons.

The Strongman could also have easily killed me no matter what.

In any case, I can still be lynched. Nothing I do can prevent that.

By the way, the the sentence itself was vague that Seth used the lie detect on, but I don't see what other option they had? Out of these sentences, "Have someone do an alignment check of me. And a role check if you want. I've got nothing to hide.", the only option would be the last. The other two wouldn't be lies - and like I said before, that last sentence was attached to the other two. It makes sense to me?
I don't think it was even vague. I've explained why it was an obvious lie. It should've even been obvious back then, and it was destined to fail a lie detector test even knowing what we knew back then. I've already explained this, though. Moving on, you're treating that post as if it was the only on in the entire game up to that point that Seth had the option of choosing a phrase from.

Exactly. Took the words right out of my mouth.

I don’t see why I would lie. I cannot choose phrases like “I’m cop” or “I’m town” to lie detect. Looking back i could have chosen something better, but I don’t see why people think I’m lying. Ereshkigal has put up a good defense, and knowing he’s Amplified Hider it makes sense why it would come up as false.

I was kind of suspicious of jd, but it’s kind of hard voting for him when everything he said I agree with. Besides, it seemed like he’s annoyed that Max, one of our only (almost) confirmed townies, is being sheepy as heck. Makes it seem like he cares for town.

[B]Unvote: Ereshkigal[/B]

I think Lone_Garurumon is the most suspicious. They replied to me and said they didn’t think Max was actually scum on D1 because that’s his normal playstyle, but instead of defending him I felt like he constantly bashed him which only gave others more reason to vote for Max. I understand Max does stuff like this (and he definitely should change that) but if you didn’t think he was scum you could have at the very least tried to defend him. Add to the fact that he joke votes Crystal Onix for the entire phase, and only changes his vote literally 5 minutes before the phase ends.

If The Light is town, she constantly sheeps which doesn’t help town at all, and if she’s scum, well he’s scum. I’d rather lynch LG but hey, I know I’m not scum so I’ll try to prevent a possible mislynch from happening.

[B]Vote: The Light
[/B]
Also looking back I said FinalArcadia was acting townish but that’s mainly because of their good posts. They haven’t been really appearing that much, just putting up some good posts once in a while. Basically she seems like an experienced player, who I believe can easily be scum. Just beware of her that’s all I’m saying.

Idk why Elementar got tagged. I don’t recall tagging him :p

Looking back I see how hot headed I was about Ereshkigal. I should have given it more thought for sure. However, I don’t get why some of you doubt me.

This sounds like a bad idea, though.

Note the part about the vig killing both.

I don't like the wording of this at all. Especially that second sentence. The way he says it makes it sound like a scumslip to me.

I'd also like to reiterate this, which in itself, is still an opinion I hold, but then Seth called it "indecisive" and "vague", and called those scumtraits, when I thought my meaning was pretty clear, and apparently I'm not the only one. I feel like that reaction on Seth's part looks scummy.

Furthermore, I recently brought up how Seth claims to have checked one of Ereshkigal's posts, and how I can't think of a situation in which the phrase Seth chose could have passed a lie detector test. Well, I think the fact that Seth pushed for Ereshkigal to be lynched based on that claim, looks scummy.

VOTE: Seth Rollins

Is that decisive enough for you?

When I say “as mafia” I mean let’s suppose I am one. It’s not a scumslip. Also “the way” I said it? How can you know how I said it? You can’t hear my voice can you?

That post was meant to be provocative. I wanted to get a reaction from you.
Spoiler alert: I dislike your reaction.
Saying a post is “weird” makes it seem like you’re playing it safe. If someone refuted your argument you can simply hide behind the fact that “I didn’t think he was scum I just said it looked weird” I’ve seen that happen so no you were not being clear. (At least for me)

That whole Ereshkigal thing is pointless to argue because I don’t think he is suspicious anymore. Also I get that “I’ve got nothing to hide” is vague but it’s not so vague that you can’t see how it would pass a Lie Detector. I already gave a situation as to how it could pass.

You’re supposed to be in my townreads right now, but this is making me doubt you.

I'm honestly confused on why Seth has the most votes right now given that I don't understand what the benefit of him lying about his role as scum would be. Why claim with no prompting or urging to, with that claim being something that could backfire so hard when it is a provable role? Just to mislynch a single player - one who wasn't even townread by most people to begin with - and then likely get lynched next day phase or vig-killed?

I don't think lynching him is a good idea, and frankly I'd be shocked if there isn't scum among the people who have been pushing him, especially when - if his claim is true and he has one more shot of his ability - he could have a role that is a threat to mafia that they may want to dispose of. And if his claim is true, that remaining use of his ability could be a great help.

UNVOTE: jdthebud
VOTE: The Light

One of the Seth voters, and I believe one of the people who was voting Max in D1 (I'd have to double-check that, but I don't think I'm confusing him with someone else). jd's point about The Light being sheepy is a good one (his Max vote was also incredibly sheepy, and if Max is cop then that becomes scummy) and I'm in agreement with his last post for the most part actually. Coming out of lurking to vote a claimed lie detector just does not sit well with me.

That said, I don't think Crystal Onix's reasoning is much better, though less sheepy.
I've explained why it was an obvious lie.
But how does a lie like this benefit Seth as mafia at all? It seems like it'd be a battle of attrition to get Ereshkigal lynched and then Seth himself on the chopping block next, and with mafia already down a member, would that be worth the risk?
Also looking back I said FinalArcadia was acting townish but that’s mainly because of their good posts. They haven’t been really appearing that much, just putting up some good posts once in a while. Basically she seems like an experienced player, who I believe can easily be scum. Just beware of her that’s all I’m saying.
Not mafia, but I'll take this as a compliment haha.

But how does a lie like this benefit Seth as mafia at all? It seems like it'd be a battle of attrition to get Ereshkigal lynched and then Seth himself on the chopping block next, and with mafia already down a member, would that be worth the risk?

We kinda heavily screwed Mafia over with that Day 1 lynch. They lost one of their most powerful people, if not their most powerful person, before any of that power could be brought to bear. They probably were left in a situation where they could only confirm one suspect, and they had Max, myself, and apparently Kyriaki as potential targets; with how I was talking about my role, I could see a Mafia take the advantage of being rid of Kyriaki and then try a lynch on me simply because they had no way of knowing for certain how much of what I said was real and how much was just scum bait.

What makes me doubt it, and is a reason why suspicion is not enough, is Seth was the only one pushing for it; if Mafia, I would expect the group to work more together and try to build a case together rather than have one member push for a lynch that might be to their advantage. The only way it makes sense for Seth to be acting so alone, especially this late in the Day, is if Seth is Godfather and the Mafia only had two members. And I'm pretty certain this game isn't that level of bastard.

So, while I'm suspicious, I don't have any single good line of reasoning for why Seth is Mafia. As such, the most likely conclusion is that my suspicion is based entirely off me misreading his arguments, and thus best set aside until I have no one better (and, let's face it, I'm a better candidate than Seth is based on in-game actions right now).

Instead, we need to keep an eye out for people acting sheepy and people who vote together in groups. People who constantly vote for the same person are very suspicious.

For now, as everyone else has discussed, Light is our best candidate. However, I'm not voting just yet; I want to give Light a chance for defending themselves and will vote in the morning.

Let me just get out of the way: I would have unvoted Max along with everyone else if I was actually awake and online.

Also, I know my sleeping is scummy as it always is, but I don't really care about the votes, personally.

Unvote: Seth Rollins

Let's get this useless lynch over with.

Let me just get out of the way: I would have unvoted Max along with everyone else if I was actually awake and online.

Also, I know my sleeping is scummy as it always is, but I don't really care about the votes, personally.

Unvote: Seth Rollins

Let's get this useless lynch over with.
er...what? Are you a jester?

Back
Top Bottom