• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Honestly, it feels like Seth is trying to force the Godfather interpretation on us. My vote stays.

FACEPALM

Why would I do that?! As mafia I have more information than you and I know who’s town. Why would I say a townie is Godfather? So when they’re lynched they flip town and I get lynched the next day?

What if Eresh is a Townie hiding their role to be safe? Why are you not considering that possibility?

You have got to be kidding. These guys spend the entire night speculating Ereshkigal is Godfather and next day they aren’t willing to take the risk and vote for him. Yes I am aware it is possible but improbable, considering the result I got last night.

Ereshkigal has been acting scummy and he said “have a cop check me”. Plus I get this result and it’s not enough to vote for him? He’s our best lynch candidate.

I mean whatever, after this post I’m out, I said what I wanted to say.

My take on Eresh's outspoken posts was that he's either trying to bait the night kill because he's a Bomb or something, or just wants them to think that so they won't go after him. But it could be a Godfather strategy to make him get checked too.

Either way, the phrase "I have nothing to hide" is a lie either way IMO. If I had said that I think that it would have come back a lie too.

Although the fact that Eresh didn't vote for ROMCH doesn't help him (or hurt him, just saying). Given the cop check I'm willing to let Eresh go for now.

My take on Eresh's outspoken posts was that he's either trying to bait the night kill because he's a Bomb or something, or just wants them to think that so they won't go after him. But it could be a Godfather strategy to make him get checked too.

Either way, the phrase "I have nothing to hide" is a lie either way IMO. If I had said that I think that it would have come back a lie too.

Although the fact that Eresh didn't vote for ROMCH doesn't help him (or hurt him, just saying). Given the cop check I'm willing to let Eresh go for now.

The statement has to be game based. Let’s say someone says: “This wall post is useless” Elementar can’t know if the poster actually thinks it’s useless, so it doesn’t work. Get it?

We don’t know the mechanics of how this role works in this game.

Let’s say you’re backed into a corner. You’re forced to claim. If you say “I’ve got nothing to hide” it’s true if you’re townie because you can just claim. If you’re scum then obviously that statement is false.

Or, as you said, maybe he’s just got his role to hide.

You’ve got to take the risk. This is a large game so losing one townie won’t be so bad. Sure, that means losing me wouldn’t be that bad either but I honestly believe he’s our best lynch candidate for now.

Another thing you should know is that I can’t lie detect phrases like “I am not mafia”

I think Seth is telling the truth. He may have checked Eresh's statement and got it as a lie. But I don't see any way that incriminates Eresh as the statement in itself is quite controversial as pointed out by a few others. I don't think that statement could have ever come across as True because we are all hiding something irrespective of our alignment. There is the Godfather possibility but I am more inclined to believe them to be Town.

Eresh's behaviour is not the most Town-friendly as they are being unnecessarily vague in all their statements. Though, iirc that's their playstyle and they have been (mis-)lynched for it in some previous games. I also think I have got a fair idea about their role, but I am not sure whether I should reveal the same now (If the majority wants, I can make my guess public).

@jdthebud your thoughts about Eresh look fair but you have not answered the questions raised by Space. I would like to see the defence you put forward as you have mostly been in the shadows till now. Your actions are also suspicious (jumping on the Max bandwagon without providing any original reasoning and forgetting to remove your vote on Max till phase-end). I want to see your explanation for the same.

Max already asked Space this but I am also curious to know on what basis did they think Max is an Insane Cop?

Really liking Nightwing's posts. Good questions asked and I can see a clear thought process which is good for the game.

Rest are kind of null reads, I need to put some effort in reading them. I'll make a reads list soonish.

To be honest I'm surprised that a sentence that vague actually got a result back at all for a lie detector, but I think it'd be a strange - and potentially foolish - move for scum to come in so convinced on somebody if they were trying to get a single mislynch, so I don't think Seth is trying to trick anyone (and for someone who went into the night suspecting Eresh, I totally get how getting that kind of result back would reaffirm that belief). But yeah, I think it's so vague a statement that it coming back as a lie really doesn't tell us much. I mean, so long as someone hasn't outright claimed, that could very well be considered having "something to hide" regardless of alignment and definitely doesn't confirm a godfather.

But anyway, Pika_pika took the words right out of my mouth about the fact that jd just totally ignored the vote that Space cast for him, and there's the fact that he's come in here without really providing any potential cases despite saying before that there was probably multiple scum on the Max wagon. And what he did mention about Ereshkigal was very wishy-washy aside from the very last bit about letting them off the hook for now.
jdthebud said:

Especially in that top part ^. The whole thing is saying one thing, but then saying "but it could be this instead." And I don't get why mention the part about Ereshkigal not voting MCH if it doesn't help or hurt the case against them?

There's also the fact that he was one of the Max voters, and one who didn't really build upon the initial case or add much reasoning for it.

VOTE: jdthebud

Umm...any reason you thought so?

I thought the use of the words crazy in your softclaiming posts were supposed to mean that, my bad

Especially considering the fact that he’s been suspicious this entire game AND says “You can have cop check my alignement”

I agree with this & what Seth Rollins is saying in general. the sentence on it's own might appear vague but the sentence was attached to ereshkigal saying they would basically be fine with being alignment checked or role checked. That seems pretty big to me. Not to mention ereshkigal has mentioned how their ability would be detrimental to mafia, and while that's keeping their ability hidden the basic gist (sort of?) of their ability is out in the open. It's apparently bad for mafia. I don't know if I'm making sense but everyone is hiding their ability pretty much, it would just seem weird to have that specifically come up as a lie. It's so self-explanatory that their role is hidden it seems odd that the lie would be referring to their ability.
anyway I would vote ereshkigal but jdthebud is still way too suspicious to me and I'd like to hear what ereshkigal has to say

At work right now so I can't do a full post, but...

Did anyone stop to consider that "I've got nothing to hide" would fail because my role involves hiding?

I did just come back from a long absence, and I'm obviously not a commuter. I guarantee that and my name both factored into what was said about my role.

Did anyone stop to consider that "I've got nothing to hide" would fail because my role involves hiding?

This is reachy & the chance of anyone catching onto that is slim. Honestly it seems way too convenient for you - why would you even say this when no one knew there would be a lie detector.

At this point I think it'd be more beneficial to just state your claim outright, because it's really hard to take what you're saying at face value.

I did just come back from a long absence, and I'm obviously not a commuter. I guarantee that and my name both factored into what was said about my role.
@Ereshkigal are you able to claim soon??? I just did some research into the name Ereshkigal and I'm slightly worried due to my findings saying that Ereshkigal is the Mesopotamian goddess of the Underworld.
Apparently Ereshkigal is the goddess of death. She gave people their death sentence. But unlike the Devil, Ereshkigal was not an evil goddess of sorts, in fact she cries for the men and women and children she sentences to death.

That's what I just found and you did say your role has something to do with your username.

Omg I just re-read your post! Gah i'm so sorry I'm an idiot I misinterpreted your post! I thought you were saying that your name DID factor into your role but you were saying that's why people have a BIAS OPINION against you yes?

I'm working on it, hold on; I spent the entirety of the night phase preparing a defense with the idea I wouldn't be confirmed as town by a cop role and now I'm having to prune, edit, add, and rearrange to have it applicable.

Max threw me for a loop with his confirmation of my alignment earlier. I seriously wasn't expecting someone to use a shot of cop investigation on me. I have, like, fifteen quotes and nine paragraphs I no longer need to use.

Also, I was misreading someone, as the conversation that followed revealed. So, if I had posted it, I would have been advocating a mislynch. I'll explain what I mean when I'm done.

And, no, I didn't mean my name inspires bias. You'll see what I mean when I post it.

Okay, to simplify everything for those asking...

I'm an Amplified Hider. I hide. It's what I do. In fact, I dropped a massive hint for this in the following post:

It's more tactically advantageous for Town if I keep that hidden. Until the Mafia confirms what role I am for themselves, they're left guessing what my abilities are; if I hard claim it, they'll figure out when it's best to nightkill me and when it's best to ignore me. In turn, that hinders how well I can counter some of their tactics.

I can be near impossible to read properly, in part because I design my persona for each game individually for that game. So, some games, I might be a bit more trollish when everything is hidden under the cover of darkness, but more serious when all is exposed in the light of day. Such actions are purely for my fun, though you never know when my actions and my words may contain hints to my role.

I didn't unvote Max for just any reason, either; I probed Max to see how he'd react to what I said, and his reactions indicated to me he wasn't scum. I wasn't willing to lynch someone who wasn't scum. And, yes, I'm drawing attention, since I want the Mafia to know I'm not going to hide from them behind someone and will instead annoy them to their faces ;)

I got lynched once because of joking around, if I remember correctly >.> That doesn't mean I'm going to hide from the danger, though.

Yeah, I agree on Onix in all seriousness. Definitely town.

I don't hide from the fact I'm being a bit trollish. Besides, I plan to be a thorn in the side of the Mafia as long as I can. Each night phase is just going to make things more fun for me and make them wish more that they had taken me out already ;)

I bolded each time I worked something related to my ability into the post.

Now, what does that mean? The one thing I always have to hide is myself. And a simple role check can confirm this.

However, that doesn't explain last night's actions, but if anyone was paying attention they'll see where I spelled it out:

And ever since, I've been focused on needling the Mafia, since I know they have a problem at the moment: They can either investigate me now and try to deal with the ongoing headache I will present, or investigate me later once I'm in a position it will be a lot harder to remove. Either way, I'll see who is heavily pushing for my lynch tomorrow to see who my scum suspects are, as by that point if the Mafia have taken the bait they already have an excellent idea of why eliminating me now is their best option.

Yep. The entire point of everything I did in that night phase was to use myself as bait to draw out Mafia attention. After all, they can't reliably night kill me with their strongman dead; they pretty much have to rely on trying to lynch me or dealing with me being in the game, and possibly trolling them the entire time, until they either lose or win. And if they managed to successfully lynch or night kill me somehow, all Town would lose is someone who's abilities are purely self-defense and is utterly useless as anything beyond a one-shot decoy with them. In short, if someone on Town's side has to die today, ability-wise I'm pretty much the best choice since there's nothing I can bring to the table to hunt down scum beyond my own charming personality.

So, my hope for last night was to draw them into trying to kill me, both through a night kill and through a lynching when the night kill didn't work. I figured they would possibly avoid the night kill, so relied on the lynching route simply because both sides of that strategy (myself and the Mafia) would equally see it as the only really viable way of dealing with me. Thus, I had to be scummy enough to where an argument for my lynching could be made, but not scummy enough I'd be hanging from a tree as soon as dawn broke. A careful balance to be made, and one I think I managed well for once (usually, I get lynched when I try it).

Now, where'd I get the inspiration to try this? My own name. Ereshkigal was one of the better goddesses in history, but today is often mistakenly viewed as very much not. Thus, she's someone who appears a villain, but isn't when you do a little investigation. Thus, I appear scummy, but both alignment and role checks reveal I'm not. So, I tried to tailor everything I said around the "appears scummy, but confirmed by investigation" approach.

Oh, and as for the idea my ability is dangerous, this is what I initially said about it:

What I do have is a sweet, sweet role that allows me to annoy the everliving hell out of the Mafia.

Annoy. Not be a danger, threaten, or otherwise stop. Just annoy. And it'll get better every night because I'll narrow down who the Mafia members are so I can hide behind them, thus forcing them to potentially have to kill one of their own just to take me out.

I admit my initial reaction to seeing Lone_Garurumon's replies, especially the one where he seemed to remain certain the Mafia has info about me and didn't reject the implied scum accusation that came with it, made me think I might have caught one right off the bat. But, take a look at Lone's reason why: I was, in Lone's eyes, doing something incredibly dumb and basically making myself a lynch/night kill victim on purpose. Lone had no reason to suspect I was being serious about Mafia being unable to kill me at night or what insane strategy I would come up with for unmasking Mafia members. So, logically, just a town person acting on what they saw as suspicious behavior.

So, after thinking about it and watching the thread (keep in mind the point of the entire strategy is to have Mafia trying to lynch me), I noticed something else: Seth. At first, I thought Seth was just a confused townie and that Lone was just going after someone with a misread. But, then I noticed Seth's logic for targeting me: One sentence I had about not having anything to hide came back false (shocker; that's most of the people in the game, and even likely a few roles in play), I confirm as town to investigation, and I openly invited people to investigate me. Which... is pretty poor logic at best. Enough to make me suspicious, but I don't have anything to go on for voting for Seth just yet; suspicion alone isn't enough to risk a mislynch at this part of the Day. FOS here for me.

I am uncertain about JD, and need to reread the thread before I vote on their actions. I got a little caught up in my whole "let's try something no sane person ever would!" plan to catch a Mafioso to pay enough attention.

But, yeah. I basically spent a lot of time, energy, and even other people's role abilities to basically annoy the Mafia for a night and didn't even get them to try to shoot me. Which is why I replied "Well, crap" to the NK.

Back
Top Bottom