• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

'Zoroark: Master of Illusions' to debut February 5: Legendary Beasts distribution als

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 'Zoroark: Master of Illusions' to debut February 5: Legendary Beasts distribution

Celebi hasent been mentioned which leaves me to believe it will be Wi-Fi only sometime after the Beasts. The beasts may go to wi-fi after Celebi ends, one at a time for a week or 2. Im so happy we are getting them, its about time. Its safe to say that would be the last wi-fi event before black and white come out

Well we don't know if Goon's Scizor and Ash's Pikachu will be distributed in the US.

Re: 'Zoroark: Master of Illusions' to debut February 5: Legendary Beasts distribution

for us who dont get pokemon black and white during the event time there is always a way to get them through an ar device i cant afford the game right now when ever it comes to the usa

Just like many others before me, when I saw the news' headline I bursted in joy... that was, until I read the actual news report saying that it won't be Wi-Fi.
The Jirachi event that was held before HGSS came out was also released on Mexican stores, but no other physical event has been brought over here, so I'm doubtful whether this one will come to my country or not. I just visited Mexican main stores' websites but I found nothing. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Just like many others before me, when I saw the news' headline I bursted in joy... that was, until I read the actual news report saying that it won't be Wi-Fi.
The Jirachi event that was held before HGSS came out was also released on Mexican stores, but no other physical event has been brought over here, so I'm doubtful whether this one will come to my country or not. I just visited Mexican main stores' websites but I found nothing. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Even if the beasts won't be available over wifi, people will be willing to trade them. I'll probably give some for free.

Well, I'm glad to hear this. At least now we can all get the shiny beast trio, as well as get a female Zoroark once Black and White are released in English. I hope they do more distributions like this for B/W, giving us more to work with as well as have easy access to rare Pokemon. Now, if they just do the Celebii one, it would be perfect.

Well we don't know if Goon's Scizor and Ash's Pikachu will be distributed in the US.

How do you know we will get those? Japan gives out events for everything, and we dont get nearly as many as they do. PUSA might not think they are that important, and they seem to have a problem with distributing Celebi outside Japan, which i dont get at all. Just for once they could give us a Celebi. Its relevant to the movie and unlocks 2 in game events, id say thats pretty important, then again they havent always released events that unlock other in game events, Azure Flute anyone, The Hall of Origin Arceus unlocks the Sinjoh event, but they never felt the need to distribute the Flute.

How do you know we will get those? Japan gives out events for everything, and we dont get nearly as many as they do. PUSA might not think they are that important, and they seem to have a problem with distributing Celebi outside Japan, which i dont get at all. Just for once they could give us a Celebi. Its relevant to the movie and unlocks 2 in game events, id say thats pretty important, then again they havent always released events that unlock other in game events, Azure Flute anyone, The Hall of Origin Arceus unlocks the Sinjoh event, but they never felt the need to distribute the Flute.
That's because the Movie Arceus unlocks the event as well.

In any case, due to Celebi's importance in two games and relevance to the movies, I believe it will be treated like PCP and distributed via wifi.
I'm not one to give Gamestop much credit, guys, however I do have to wonder why this event is showing up not only on the American English PokemonGoldSilver.com, but the Canadian English site, as well:

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/ca/#/news/trio/

Normally, the American and Canadian English Pokemon sites are virtually identical, except when there's a retail event going on in the US; that news has never been mirrored on the Canadian equivalent before today. That, along with the note about how French versions of Hg/Ss won't be compatible (Hg/Ss were the first Pokemon games sold in Quebec as French language titles) leads me to believe that we'll be getting these ones.

Well then, I sure hope the Game Stop near my house hosts this event. Honestly, I've seen two game stops, the one that opened near my house is small, but that's the only one that's an actual store. The other one was, surprisingly just a small stand in the Chinese-oriented mall on the outskirts of town.

I've never even seen one down town. Though, since EB games and Game Stop are owned by the same people, and their 'Find a store' thing on their web site seems to be sending me to EB games...

Ugh, I still don't like going inside stores just to get an event Pokemon. I only got lucky with Toys R Us one in that its a huge store and the thing was being broadcast everywhere in the store.

Last edited:

Man, lookin' forward to this event and the movie <3 Havin' a feelin' they'll release Celebi sometime after/durin' the release of B/W.

for us who dont get pokemon black and white during the event time there is always a way to get them through an ar device i cant afford the game right now when ever it comes to the usa

This is still for DPPtHGSS. Black and White won't be out for another couple of months.

It's awesome that they're giving us all three beasts and for all five games. 15 shiny legendaries = epic trade fodder (well 9, I don't have Platnium and I lost Pearl >_<) Especially since not everyone lives near a Gamestop.

Now we just need Celebi.

Darkeiya said:
Zorua referred to Zoroark as "Ma", and I don't know too many kids who will call anyone "Ma" that isn't their mother.

In English, maybe. But in Japanese, "Maa" is a foreign word that could very well just be a nickname.

Just look at the word aniki. It translates to "big brother," but half the people who use it aren't related to the people they're using it toward.

Besides, like I said, the movie itself kind of goes out of its way to avoid directly stating that the two are related.

I just realized that I can get 5 of each Shiny Beast from the Gamestop event distribution, since I have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. That is so neat! It means that I'll have 15 Shiny Beasts at the end of the distribution, and that's without trading. Pretty cool. I know that going to Gamestop three times a month can be pretty tedious (I only go there once a year, myself), but these event Pokemon are so worth the trouble.

I just realized that I can get 5 of each Shiny Beast from the Gamestop event distribution, since I have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. That is so neat! It means that I'll have 15 Shiny Beasts at the end of the distribution, and that's without trading. Pretty cool. I know that going to Gamestop three times a month can be pretty tedious (I only go there once a year, myself), but these event Pokemon are so worth the trouble.

Agreed. For me, I have two Platinums, HeartGold and SoulSilver. I got rid of Diamond and Pearl (actually a good move, as I stopped playing with them long before Platinum appeared, so it clears up space in my G-Pak). So I can get a total of 12, but that's 12 more Legendaries than I have now. ^_^ Like you, I don't go down to Gamestop too often (mostly due to distance, as the nearest one is at least 5-10 miles), but this will be well worth it. I even marked my new calender so I can keep track of what legendary will be at what time. So this triple trip will be a haul, but, as you and I said, well worth the trouble.

Oh, curses! Another non wi-fi events... this sucks (hate gamestops, since I can't go to any of them T_T).
Dammit, I know how you feel.

If I can't download the three from home, does that mean I can't get Zoroark at all?

At least, I hope the movie celebii turns into something downloadble only by wi-fi...
As far as I know, Celebi's never, ever, ever been released outside Japan. I'm beginnning to think it never will, so we don't get the Zorua event either.

As far as I know, Celebi's never, ever, ever been released outside Japan. I'm beginnning to think it never will, so we don't get the Zorua event either.

It has been released outside Japan, but not since Gen III. Even in Japan it's pretty much the rarest event giveaway; the recent Cinema event was Japan's first Celebi giveaway since Gen III, as well.

You can bet this recent Celebi will get a release outside Japan, as well. Zorua and Zoroark are major elements of TPCi's advertising scheme for B&W; there's no way they wouldn't release the Pokemon necessary for unlocking both to a region as major as North America.

Well, if they forget Celebi, then they will have to tell everyone that the only way to obtain Zorua is to breed Zoroark. Back when they didn't let us the ordinary means to get Celebi, they at least had them available at events. Celebi hasn't been offered through modern means at all. (a local wireless or wi-fi download) I hope they realize this and make it available, or there will be trouble. Celebi should not be taboo.

Of course, anyone with the Japanese cinema Celebi will be able to unlock Zorua in an English B&W, as well.

I seriously doubt TPCi will forget Celebi, though. We'll get him; probably the very last Gen IV event we will get. Though I really hope they also get around to giving out the 3 remaining event-only Pokewalker Courses.

Last edited:

Just the movie Celebi unlocks Zorua? D: I thought it was any "fateful encounter" Celebi that did it.

Dogasu said:
Besides, like I said, the movie itself kind of goes out of its way to avoid directly stating that the two are related.

Maybe it's so the viewer can decide for themselves if the Zoroark and Zorua are related? I personally think they are, even if it's not stated directly.

Just the movie Celebi unlocks Zorua? D: I thought it was any "fateful encounter" Celebi that did it.

There are no other fateful encounter Celebi. The movie one was the first Gen IV Celebi giveaway anywhere. Any Gen III Celebi (say, the 10ANIV ones) which may've been fateful encounter in R/S/E/Fr/Lg would lose the FE flag when Pal Parked, so those wouldn't work.

The cinema Celebi and its eventual foreign equivalent (whether TRU, Gamestop, or Wi-Fi) will be the only options.

There are no other fateful encounter Celebi. The movie one was the first Gen IV Celebi giveaway anywhere. Any Gen III Celebi (say, the 10ANIV ones) which may've been fateful encounter in R/S/E/Fr/Lg would lose the FE flag when Pal Parked, so those wouldn't work.

The cinema Celebi and its eventual foreign equivalent (whether TRU, Gamestop, or Wi-Fi) will be the only options.
I guess that makes my Celebi hacked, and apparently able to activate the event since the Fateful encounter flag was hacked on.

EDIT: It definitely is only the Fateful encounter flag that does it as my "10 ANIV" Celebi just activated the Giovanni event. Now I wonder if the only thing required for the transfer is also the fateful encounter flag.

Last edited:

Is this event in the UK too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom