• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new season of Pokemon Chronicles?

Would you watch another season of Pokemon Chronicles, if they made one?

• Yes! I loved Pokemon Chronicles!

Votes: 44 77.2%
  • Yes, but only if it was vastly different from the first season.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I might watch a few episodes.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
It seems to me that there would be a point since many fans would like to see some old characters. The people who aren't interested wouldn't have to watch the specials; that's what the main show is for.

Did it occur to you that they could begin more specials at the beginning of another season? Next season? A later season? It doesn't have to be DP.

All I'm saying is, it's possible.

Yeah, but it seems to me to be a thing started at the beginning of a new gen to remind people of characters from a previous. A least that's what the first set of specials seemed to be about.

In Japan Ash already has 6 Sinnoh Gym badges, which means this region will probably be over by summer of next year after the 12th movie comes out.

I'm just guessing if they ever had any plans to start them up again, it would have happened around the time DP started, not now when its almost over. And by the point the 5th gen starts, well, I wouldn't imagine it.

There is a lot more material to work with if the Hosos started again. I don't know if I would watch it, though.

I think it's a great idea for a new season of Pokemon Chronicles! I would like episodes with Misty, Paul, Jun, Kenny, Zoey, and Jimmy.

I hope max will shine as a pokemon trainer in those chronicles ^^

I doubt they'll produce new series of HoSo.

Pokemon Sunday is still running, and that's pretty much a continuation of that series. Just better.

And yeah - there is no such thing as a produced "Pokemon Chronicles" series. Pokemon Chronicles was an American-made collection of all those non-series specials that hadn't been dubbed at the time (except, oddly, Pikachu's Summer Festival, which STILL hasn't been made available outside Japan). The Raikou special and the Winter Vacation OVAs also never had anything to do with any of the other episodes "Chronicles" consisted off, apart from "they hadn't been dubbed either".

So no, "they" wouldn't make a new "season" of Chronicles, since there was never any "they" who produced any "first season" in the first place.
As for new non-series specials, they're still being made. We've had 2 Mystery Dungeon specials and the Mirage Pokemon special so far, and they're exactly the same kind of material that made up the "first season".

(oh, and "housou" simply means "broadcast", making it a rather silly fan name for the series)

Last edited:
Pokemon Sunday is still running, and that's pretty much a continuation of that series. Just better.

And yeah - there is no such thing as a produced "Pokemon Chronicles" series. Pokemon Chronicles was an American-made collection of all those non-series specials that hadn't been dubbed at the time (except, oddly, Pikachu's Summer Festival, which STILL hasn't been made available outside Japan). The Raikou special and the Winter Vacation OVAs also never had anything to do with any of the other episodes "Chronicles" consisted off, apart from "they hadn't been dubbed either".

So no, "they" wouldn't make a new "season" of Chronicles, since there was never any "they" who produced any "first season" in the first place.
As for new non-series specials, they're still being made. We've had 2 Mystery Dungeon specials and the Mirage Pokemon special so far, and they're exactly the same kind of material that made up the "first season".

>_>

Pardon me for being American. Apparently everyone understood what I meant by pokemon chronicles.

Not really. What DID you mean by "Pokemon Chronicles"?

?

Are you really asking me this?

I meant the special episodes centering around some of the minor characters we've seen in the anime. I do count Legend of Thunder in the same category because it had a cast of entirely new characters and no Ash in sight. I meant to find out who would be in favor of them making and dubbing another group of special episodes in the future. I refer to the specials as "Pokemon Chronicles" because that's what they were dubbed as, and I watch the dub like many other people here. By "they" I meant the writers and dubbers. By "season" I meant your "collection".

There's really no need to pull out all those technicalities.

The HoSo. They were called Chronicles outside of Japan.

I know. So were a whole bunch of unrelated stuff.

Are you really asking me this?

Yes. There's nothing called "Pokemon Chronicles" that has actually been produced as something related.

I meant the special episodes centering around some of the minor characters we've seen in the anime.

Okay, so the special episodes produced for Shuukan Pokemon Housoukyoku, then.

I do count Legend of Thunder in the same category because it had a cast of entirely new characters and no Ash in sight.

It's a completely unrelated beast that was never seen as comparable until 4Kids dubbed it under the same label, but sure.

Then, what about the Winter Vacation OVAs you also got as part of "Chronicles"?

I meant to find out who would be in favor of them making and dubbing another group of special episodes in the future.

They have been. The Mirage Pokemon special and the two Mystery Dungeon episodes. Two of the three have been dubbed.

I refer to the specials as "Pokemon Chronicles" because that's what they were dubbed as, and I watch the dub like many other people here.

So were the OVAs you didn't mention.

By "they" I meant the writers and dubbers. By "season" I meant your "collection".

The writers never intended for everything the dubbers turned into "Chronicles" to have anything to do with each others.

There's really no need to pull out all those technicalities.

Sure there is, because you're still not making sense here. Do you want the dubbers to ignore every non-series special produced until they have a huge backlog of unrelated episodes they can then dub under a collective name? What?

Sorry, stil not getting it here.

Yes. There's nothing called "Pokemon Chronicles" that has actually been produced as something related.

Pokemon Chronicles was produced, maybe not independently made and maybe it wasn't done in Japan, but it was actually produced. Just because it's pokemon related doesn't mean that the only place it matters is in Japan and when it's in Japanese. And it has been produced as something related because everywhere outside of Japan they were all packaged together. Therefore they were made related.

Adamant said:
Lots of mind-numbingly pointless text

I'm not going to argue it with you. I really think you're trying to argue it with me just for the sake of getting attention, or because you're trying to sound smart.

It's Pokemon Chronicles over here. I'm not going to pretend I'm japanese. I see them all as related in that Ash is not the star of the show. Everyone else is on the same page.

It's not that big of a deal.

Pokemon Chronicles was produced, maybe not independently made and maybe it wasn't done in Japan, but it was actually produced.

No, dubbing a bunch of unrelated episodes and putting a single label on it is not "producing" something. "Pokemon Chronicles" is not a concept in itself, just a catch-all label for previously undubbed material.

I'm not going to argue it with you. I really think you're trying to argue it with me just for the sake of getting attention, or because you're trying to sound smart.

It's Pokemon Chronicles over here. I'm not going to pretend I'm japanese. I see them all as related in that Ash is not the star of the show. Everyone else is on the same page.

All right.
No, there will not ever be another season, because there's not enough undubbed material to base said season on, and there likely won't ever be, since PUSA are dubbing the new non-series specials as their own thing.

There, happy?

Adamant, would you be happier if we all just say that we wanted "more specials" or something?

No, dubbing a bunch of unrelated episodes and putting a single label on it is not "producing" something. "Pokemon Chronicles" is not a concept in itself, just a catch-all label for previously undubbed material.

All right.
No, there will not ever be another season, because there's not enough undubbed material to base said season on, and there likely won't ever be, since PUSA are dubbing the new non-series specials as their own thing.

There, happy?

Ok. I want more of these unrelated-according-to-you episodes released under a single label.

Now kindly cut the crap. Way to ruin a thread.

A definition for produce it to make available for public exhibition. One of the jobs of a producer is to arrange something for distribution. Chronicles was put on public exhibition in places outside of Japan, and it was done so as Pokemon Chronicles. Someone arranged the conglomerate of specials for distribution outside of Japan, as Pokemon Chronicles. Pokemon Chronicles is a concept in itself, and that concept was to get all of the previously unaired specials and make them available in places other than Japan.

So you want PUSA to purposefully ignore episodes for many years, then dub them all at once? What?

Pokemon Chronicles only exists because there were a ton of episodes left behind. PUSA is now dubbing the newer specials in a timely manner, making sure such massive backlogs don't happen again. Are you saying that's a bad thing because you rather have them under some collective label 5 years down the line?

No, this thread and the question it asks are still not making an ounce of sense. We ARE getting new specials, and they're being dubbed and released outside Japan separately not too long after. This prevents another "Chronicles", and that's a good thing.

SUPEREPIC: Ok, sure, whatever. "They" won't produce another season because "they" don't keep the kind of material it would consist of lying around for ages anymore until they have enough to make a separate series out of, then.

The mindset behind "Chronicles" wasn't "Hey, let's make a separate Pokemon series that doesn't follow Ash", it was "Hey, here's some old-ass stuff we never dubbed, let's dub it now".

Jeez.

Last edited:
What--

When did we start talking about distribution? All I meant in my first post in the thread is that I wanted more "side-episodes" with secondary characters. Wasn't that what everyone else meant? When did this become wank about how they get distributed in the US?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom