• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups A World Journey - It all starts at Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrebird

Goddess
Reaction score
Yay we started.

Accepted players so far

@Lyrebird - Daphne Shepard
@Flaze - Jordan Gray
@Murkmire - Mauve Banzett
@Octy - Emily Bennett
@Yatagarasu - Rafe Seraph
@Heroic Sociopath - Jerry Gregory Raffe

See I linked your character. Anyway first post basically go on about your appearance, talk about the starter you have or getting and remember it is cold in Twinleaf Town, so rug up.

Welcome to Twinleaf Town

"Oh wow I can't believe it is cold." A young teenager looked up at the sky. "The sun is out and I'm rugged up but still cold." The teenager is a very attractive woman. A tallish woman with honey blonde hair, all wavy and sleek with a purple headband to keep her hair in place. Her hair complementing her brown eyes and her figure. Her clothing made sure that people took notice of her because of her looks. She wore a white long sleeved top with a black coat to keep her rugged up and warm. She wore a lovely sapphire pashmina scarf over her necklace. To make sure that she looked fashionable while practical, the blonde woman wore black leggings and warm black boots.

"At least I'm here after a long flight" she muttered to herself. The young woman sighed "Here we go Daphne Shepard. This is your moment to start something. I wonder what my starter would be like" Judy continued to talk to herself. "I know my dad sent it to the professor of the region but what happens if the professor is confused or something. I don't know what I'm supposed to doing then."

Daphne was the youngest of three sisters from Hoenn. Her elder sisters became top coordinators in both Hoenn and Johto. Hoenn was were the first sister, Daisy conquered with relative ease. The middle sister, Delphine crushed the competition in Johto. Not wanting to be compared to her older sisters that early in her career, Daphne set off to Sinnoh. "I know I'm going to be compared to them but we are the sensational D's" Daphne muttered to herself "Anyway where is this lab?" Daphne walked to what she assumed would be the lab following up with the biggest building surely has to be the lab.

Daphne walked to the door of the lab and knocked the door twice. "I wonder if they have central heating?" she asked herself as she waited for an answer. Suddenly the door opened and there was an oldish man who looked at Daphne. "You must be Daisy Shepard or Emily Bennett. Which one is it?" he asked the blonde teen. "Daphne not Daisy" as she walked in. "So are you the Professor here?" she asked as she took off her black coat and sat down.

"No, no. I'm just an aide. Professor Rowan has gone fishing but he should be back soon" The aide started to boil some water as he answered the question. "His orders were for all the new trainers and coordinators to stay put till he gets back. Tea?" he offered tea. "Yeah thanks, no sugar. I'm supposed to wait for my starter Pokemon though. The one that my dad sent from Hoenn." The aide quickly made the tea for Daphne before handing it to her. "Yeah I'll get that for you, Delphine."

"Daphne"

"Sorry." the aide apologized as he ran off to get Daphne's starter Pokemon. Daphne just hummed to herself as she waited for the aide to come back. 5 minutes passed and the aide came back with a Pokeball in his hand. He tossed it to Daphne who replied with a "Danke" and released her Pokemon from its Pokeball.

"Really?"

"Oh wow" Daphne squealed in delight. "It's a Snorunt. It is a Shepard woman tradition, we have to start with an Ice Pokemon" she looked at her Pokemon before sending it back to its Pokeball. Daphne then adjusted her headband "So I just wait here right?"

"Until the Professor comes back. I have work to do please follow the sign up there and make yourself at home, Miss Shepard" the aide ran back to his work. Daphen looked at the sign and smiled as she read it "Please keep all Pokemon in their Pokeballs"

"So this is Twinleaf town in the Sinnoh region," a boy standing in a tree said to himself as he looked at the small town from at the top. He went down a few branches before landing on the ground with a loud "thud". The boy was fifteen standing at six feet with more to still grow. His hair was long silky jet black hair that reached to his knees. His eyes were like two shining emeralds. For clothing he wore black jeans tucked into black boots that went about mid shin and were meant for travelers. His shirt was a simple long-sleeved white shirt that buttoned up, it's collar folded the right way, and the buttons all done up minus two that would choke him if he did, and it's hem went almost mid thigh. His frame was average looking but if one were to see under it they would find pure muscle.

After getting out of the tree from one of its branches he put on a black & white messenger bag that held all his other items, and a black hooded cloak that he wore over everything. As it was chilly out he wore the cloak covering his body, its hem reaching his knees, his hair tucked into it. He then started heading to Professor Rowan's lab where he was to get a pokemon his mother had sent for him to use to start his journey. He'd much rather have taken Angel with him, Angel being a gastly he befriended in the Burned Tower. Of course however Angel was a wild pokemon and he had no pokemon of his own to capture it with.He probably could have asked his mother but he didn't want to do that. Originally he planned on finding some other way but his mother said not to worry about it that she already got him one and that it was waiting at Rowan's lab. After that he couldn't refuse her. His mother and him had never seen eye to eye much, probably because of where and how he grew up but at least they were better than him and his father.

He smiled at remembering hearing his mother tell him she was going to Sinnoh on a business trip. He had asked her if he could ride with her and start a journey as a coordinator there. He stood there staring at her staring at him for few minutes before she spoke. "Well what are you doing? If you're going to become a top coordinator in Sinnoh then go get ready." After she said that he remembered asking her "So I can go?"He laughed to himself at the memory of her face being one of disbelief as though he was supposed to know what she was thinking. "Rafe Seraph what am I going to do with you. Yes now go." After they arrived she told him to go to Twinleaf town and get the pokemon she had sent over.

As he finished being lost in his memories he ran to the lab upon seeing it in his sights. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he was ecstatic about starting his journey. He knocked on the door as an elderly man answered it. "You must be Rafe Seraph, Jerry Gregory Raffe, Mauve Banzett, or Jordan Gray. Which is it?"

"Rafe Seraph. Are you Professor Rowan?" he asked as he followed the man inside seeing a girl about his age already there.

"No I'm his aide. He went out but will be back soon. His orders were for all trainers and coordinators to wait until he comes back. I can however give you your starter pokemon until then of course after seeing it please put it back in it's pokeball. Also would you like some tea?"

"No tea, just my pokemon thank you." Rafe didn't like the fact that he had to wait before starting his journey but he assumed it was important that he was asked to wait. As the aide came back he handed Rafe a friend ball and a note saying it had come with the ball. He immediately recognized the handwriting as his mother's as he read the note. He smiled as he finished reading. The note had said that she had had someone pick up Angel for him to start his journey with. The friend ball was because the two were already such good friends that it made perfect sense to put the gastly in it. The note ended with her telling him good luck, that she'd be watching for him, and that she loved him.

As much as he wanted to greet the ghost type, he decided to wait until he could have him out by his side while he walked. Rafe leaned against the wall to wait putting the note in his pocket and lost his smile as he remembered someone else was there as he waited for the professor to return.

OOC: Hope this was okay. If anything isn't I can edit it.

"Brr... it's cold. Good thing I got my sweater." A boy, 5'9" in height, with black hair and purple bangs was walking down the route to Twinleaf Town. He was wearing dark blue jeans, a dark purple and black striped sweater, black gloves and a purple scarf. His black shoes stomped through the dirt, with every step he took down that route. "So, a Poliwag... not my choice, but it is what it is... Bleh." His small, gray eyes focused slightly on the ground, though still paying attention to the road.

The messenger bag he toted was, of course, purple and black. He really loved those two colors. As he reached Twinleaf town, he brushed the purple-dyed bangs out of his face, and walked on to the research facility of Professor Rowan. "I wonder... what this Poliwag will be like."

Upon entering the lobby of the lab facility, he was greeted with a receptionist. "Hello there. Are you either Jerry Gregory Raffe, Mauve Banzett, or Jordan Gray?"

"Mauve Banzett." "Well, let me get your starter Pokemon. I should let you know you need to stay here with the other trainers until Professor Rowan comes back from fishing." Mauve looked over, and saw two other new trainers sitting in the lobby, with their starter Pokemon's pokeball in hand. Turning back, he replied, "Alright then." The aide had taken off for a short while, returning and throwing the Pokeball to Mauve. He caught it with ease, and looked at the Pokeball intensely. His first Pokemon was hiding in here. "You may see your starter, but you'll have to return him until the professor arrives."

"That's fine. I'll just keep 'im in his Pokeball for now." Mauve, having taken a seat next to the counter, had kept up his staring contest with the Pokeball. Part of him was disappointed, but he didn't want to seem rude in front of everyone. It wasn't that he preferred certain Pokemon over all others, it's just he was a little... rough around the edges. And, a Poliwag may not make the cut for his team.

Daphne looked around "No cute guys" she muttered to herself. She then decided to make herself some more coffee just to add something to the wait. "I should talk to the other people but not like they take notice"

Daphne struggled and decided to walk with the guy who rocked up recently "Hello, where are you from" she said it loud enough for the six foot tall guy to understand "I don't get purple hair" she thought to herself. "Nor long hair for guys" Daphne continued her train of thought as she looked at the next guy.

Talking to these people should in fact pass sometime because otherwise it was going to be a long wait.

Jordan shivered violently, his hands grabbing onto each other as he blew on them to try and heat himself up a bit more. He had been travelling down from Juvelife fore two straight days and he had finally reached Twinleaf Town. Jordan's hair was at the moment combed in a straight fashion, causing it to look longer than what it was as it fell over his forehead and the sides, something that matched with his tanned skin though it felt over his forehead. He was wearing a red colored coat that he was keeping completely close. He was wearing a pair of long black pants that at least did a more or less job of keeping him as warm as he could. He looked up at the lab, his brown eyes staring at it with pride and joy.

He was finally going to be able to start his journey, after years of dreaming of it and preparing his parents had finally given him a chance to go off on his own. He yawned a bit, both from being tired and from the cold as he made his way towards the lab. Once he walked inside he noticed the other trianers that had already gotten there, with some of them already having gotten their starters.

He was honestly wondering what kind of starter he would get, he wanted to have something cool and that would allow him to reach his dream, but he knew that a Pokemon's performance also depended on the trainer's own skills. As he went into the lab he walked over to talk to the aide. "Excuse me, I came to get my starter, I'm Jordan Gray."

"Well, the professor's out right now,' the aide responded before turning to the pokeballs that held the starters. "But I can let you look at the starter that was assigned to you and you an go sit with the other trainers till he gets back." Jordan nodded his head before being handed the pokeball.

He decided that he was going to wait till the professor was there to open up the pokeball and instead opted to walk towards the other trainers that had already obtained their Pokemon. There were two guys and one girl, a girl that he immediately turned to look at. "I think my day just got a bit better," he smiled slightly as he walked towards the other trainers as he whistled slightly. "Good morning all," he greeted, waving at the two guys before smiling towards Daphne.

Rafe landed his eyes on the girl as she muttered something. He couldn't hear it and decided it wasn't worth thinking about. He was surprised when she asked him where he was from. He studied her for a moment from her clothing to her natural appearance. His grandmother who he'd grown up with had never worn dresses and skirts but instead clothes made for getting dirty. She had loved to garden so things like dresses and designer clothes weren't good for her. The same with his mother when she wasn't working. From the way the girl was dressed she reminded him of some of his mothers business partners daughters and sons, the kind of people he never got along with. Though his grandmother to him never to judge a book by its cover so he decided t best to answer the girl.

"I'm from the Ecruteak City in the Johto region," he replied to her. When Jordan waved he spared only a small glance in time to see the new boy smile at Daphne. If he was lucky then he might be able to avoid interaction with the girl now.

Mauve continued with his staring contest with his Pokeball. That was, until another trainer had shown and greeted the other trainers with a "good morning" and a smile for each of them. He looked up at the trainer. "Must be Jordan Grey." He thought this to himself, as he went back to looking at his Pokeball.

Mauve then finally minimized the Pokeball and clipped it onto his belt. As he did so, he began to relax in his chair. He paid no mind to the other trainers, as he began to lose himself in his thoughts, his eyes adjusting to a single, random spot on the ceiling.

As he sighed to himself, he began to wonder about the journey ahead of him.

Emily stepped into the quaint Twinleaf Town. The chilly breeze danced with some of her stray blonde strands against her freckled, fair face. Shivering slightly, she zipped up her black jacket and continued to walk towards her destination. Underneath her jacket, she was wearing a lime green T-shirt with a Teddiursa on the front, jean short-shorts, white socks and her tennis shoes. She had all of her personal belongings in her black backpack. It wasn't anything fancy: a black backpack that had the name 'Emily' plastered on it, in pink, cursive writing. She had owned the backpack for years and reasoned that she finally had a reason to use it.

"Nice going, Emily," she muttered to herself, "This is what you get for wearing shorts on a chilly day."

After a small amount of walking, she was at the facility of the famous Professor Rowan. Excitement filled every ounce of her body was she ran inside. Many questions and thoughts raced through her mind. What would her Pokemon be? Would it like her? Would they become friends? What type would it be, and what moves?

"I'm here, Professor Rowan!" she exclaimed when she realized the Professor wasn't here at all. Instead, it was one of his aides standing there, chuckling to himself. He walked over to a table and grabbed a Pokeball before turning around and making his way towards Emily.

"I assume you're Emily Bennett?" the aide asked, "I have your starter Pokemon here. You may wait with the other trainers until Professor Rowan returns." he handed Emily the Pokeball before showing her where the other trainers were sitting. Three boys and a girl. She wanted to introduce herself, but she felt that some of the trainers didn't really want to talk. So, she found a nearby seat and sat down.

Jerry had walked the entire way to town from Jubilife, where had had gotten off his plane. He wanted a nap. He was glad he was finally in Twinleaf, though. He extended his neck and bit some of the leaves off of the trees above his head. They were quite tasty, worthy of being the town's namesake. With his head quite literally held high, he scanned the town, the length of his neck making it a trivial matter to navigate to the labs. There was actually quite a bit to be said for having one's head in the clouds. Jerry confidently strutted into the lab, moving his moderately long, straight red hair out of his eyes.

"Hey there Prof, I'm here to start my journey, gonna beat some gyms, gonna go to the journey! So I'd be much obliged if I could get my starter, but don't strain myself, I don't want you to work harder." Jerry said, his neck returning to it's original length. Jerry looked around the lab. He saw a bunch of other trainers. He saw a guy with crazy long hair, almost as long as Jerry's neck had been a few seconds ago. There was a guy with some purple hair, and another one with a coat. There were two girls as well, both blondes.

"Right...." Daphne knew that she wasn't going to get anything out of that guy. "Weirdo" she thought to herself as she decided maybe the best option would be a seat. Everything was going alright as she sat down minus the whole interaction with people. Until the door slightly opened and....

A Magikarp appeared out of nowhere. "Glup Gulp I'm a Magikarp" it said in some voice.

"Woah a talking Magikarp" Daphne exclaimed in delight as well as in confusion. Suddenly an Old man in a blue shirt, a tie and black trousers with matching black shiny shoes appeared from outside. He had a crazy white mustache, all sprouting from angles. He has had crazy white hair and he started to laugh as he entered the lab. "Ahhh that Magikarp gag always gets me" he smiled.

"So it wasn't a talking Magikarp?" Daphne sighed "Bummer." The professor looked around and smiled "I think that's everyone if not then I'll see them later. My name is Professor Rowan and welcome to Sinnoh. You are about to embark on a special journey but before then I need to give you all some advice." Professor Rowan pulled a book. "Firstly, never treat your Pokemon as tools. Secondly always travel in groups as it is safer and better. Thirdly never try to find yourself battling an evil group of villains fixated on taking over the world and lastly have fun. So do you all have your Pokemon?" He looked around "If you don't just get them from my aide, if you did get yours just come and register for a Pokedex, 5 Pokeballs, you can buy more at the stores and some necessary Pokemon items in this item bag." Rowan started to pull stuff out. "We have an escape rope, a couple of Potions, some heals and a couple of berries." He showed everyone everything.

Daphne was first to get her Pokedex. "Ahhh you look familiar" Rowan said as he looked at the beautiful blonde. "Daisy Shepard but I swear you weren't coming to Sinnoh." Rowan stated to the blonde. "I'm not Daisy and I'm not Delphine. I'm Daphne." She didn't like it when she got mixed up with her sisters but she had gotten over it and used to it. "Registration will take about 10 minutes, so relax again and take a bag to find inside your tote bag. See I know fashion" he laughed. "Huh but I liked your Magikarp gag." Daphne pointed out.

"Thank you Daphne. I'll get this done quick smart once I get everyone details."

Daphne saw a line. "Ooh line, I'll just sit down" She did remember the sign saying 'Don't release Pokemon in the lab"

Mauve stood up, and made his way to the line to receive his gear and Pokedex. He wasn't happy to hear he was asked to travel in a group, but regardless, he'd heed the Professor's words. Maybe he could travel with the other blonde girl or one of the guys. Something about Daphne urked Mauve, and he didn't like it. He obviously wasn't going to say anything, so that he wouldn't cause trouble.

As he got in line, he waited patiently for his gear, with hands in his pockets and his Pokeball on his belt.

Rafe couldn't believe that Daphne had fell for the magikarp gig though other than that what really got to him was that he had to travel with others. "I should have started in Johto," he muttered to himself as he moved to get the items the professor was giving them. He didn't particularly care for the pokedex and would probably never use it. When it came to electronics he hated them and half the time did not understand how to use them. Rafe twisted Angel's ball in his hand as he waited, anxious to let him out already.

Jordan saw Emily as he walked in and waved before turning to look at Rowan as he gave his explanation to the group. He stood up and proceeded to go and obtain his Pokedes, Pokegear as well as his pokeball. He stared at the ball curiously before finally letting the Pokemon out.

Sadly, what greeted him was in no way what he expected. In front of Jordan was a Basculin...something that he honestly didn't even understand. He looked at the fish Pokemon up and down multiple times, almost as if he was searching for something that just wasn't there. "No offense dude but....you're a fish."

"Bas!?" the Basculin exclaimed in shock before shooting Jordan a sarcastic glare.

"How am I gonna fight with a fish?" Jordan narrowed his eyes on the Basculin.

Emily wanted to release her Pokemon, but realized the sign said to keep the Pokemon in their Pokeballs. When she saw the other girl fall for the common 'talking Magikarp' gag, she chuckled and shook her head. Emily too fell for that, but at a much younger age. Once she got in line, she looked at Professor Rowan.

"Thank you," she spoke up, "For helping us out and giving me my first Pokemon." She was just excited and wanted to get this journey going. She also figured that safety would be in numbers and smiled at the fact that there would be new people to get to know and travel with. However, she felt kind of lonely. She didn't really get the feeling that she would 'click' with anyone in this group, but she merely hoped for the best. She looked down at the Pokeball, curious as to what was inside. She really didn't want a Pikachu or a Chimchar, as those were Pokemon her sister used in contests.

"Sweet a Basculin" Daphne smiled seeing the Pokemon. "I think it looks strong." The beautiful blonde smiled as she released her Pokemon. "Sometimes we are destined for greatness or tradition." Her Pokemon was a Snorunt. "A family tradition" she then returned her Pokemon after remembering the sign.

Daphne remembered exactly what her sister Daisy told her. "Thankfully I bought a map" she muttered to herself as she dug her hands into her jacket to keep them warm. "Travelling in groups? I don't think people like me here but I'm a Shepard and we have the charm and social skills that no one can best" she thought to herself while looking around. "Then again Daisy did travel alone, so that might work" she muttered out loud. Then realized that she said that out loud "Right...." the blonde then started to wait for the registration to be completed.

"Might as well study the map" Daphne sat down and started to survey the map. She knew about travelling from a young age because it was drilled into her like fashion was.

Jordan quickly returned the Basculin and proceeded to turn towards Emily, noticing that she seemed a bit hesitant about the Pokemon that she would be getting. He could understand if she was nervous, they were just starting out in a new world with Pokemon they hadn't met before so it was understandable for her to be a little overwhelmed. "Hey, it'll be fine," he reassured her as he walked over and patted her shoulder. "This journey's going to be fun so we should look at it positively." He nodded his head before turning to Daphne. "Is it really cool? I mean what if it has to battle outside of water?"

"Well, I'll let this little guy...or girl...or it out of the Pokeball once we get outside," Emily explained, "I don't want to anger the professor by letting it out in his lab. I wonder why we're not allowed to though. I mean, what harm can some small Pokemon do..." she realized she had answered her own question after speaking, "Nevermind." she then sighed as she began wondering about her family back home. Were they worried about her? Did they even care? What would her sister think? Did anyone notice she was gone? A million questions filled her head as she began thinking of her home in Hoenn.

"That's actually a good question, I think they must have some mechanism in order to help them survive on land especially during battles" Daphne explained "Must be in some book but that's involves actually find said book and that could take a long time. Or you could just ask the professor for the same information. Anyway travelling with people should be interesting" Daphne did not want to mention that she could tell that she wasn't liked across this room. She didn't know why but she could read it. "This place is a lot colder than Hoenn" Daphne muttered "When will this hurry up" she thought to herself because she was wasting ample travelling time. She kind of saw the advantages of travelling with people but again it was not really her thing because she did not want hold back the others or be held back by the others.

Professor Rowan looked around and could see that everyone was itching to get going. "Alright just collect your PokeDex. I can see that you are all itching to leave" He placed all the PokeDex on the table. "I personalized them for color. They can read Pokemon, tell you information, make phone calls with a certain time limit and credit limit which can be recharged at the Pokemon Center. It does have a map but only to certain section to the nearest town that you enter, so you might as well get a proper map. It has information about the Gym Leaders that you'll face and I expect you are all signed up and registered for the Trainer Competition and the Coordinator competition. You'll have to register again before the competition to actually take part. Previously it was all done in the Pokemon Center but it was beneficial for them, that we did all the work"

Professor Rowan laid down all the PokeDexes on the table. "Jordan you have Red, Daphne gets Green, Emily has Blue, Mauve has Purple and Rafe gets the Yellow one. So collect them and we will be in touch" Rowan looked at them with a stern gaze.

Daphne decided to go up first and snag her Pokedex. "Hmm Green. Danke" she then walked out of the lab and pulled out her map. "Alright the first place to go Sandgem for nothing at all" The lab used to be at Sandgem however Rowan decided to move it to Twinleaf to make it easier for the new trainers since there was an airport built in Twinleaf Town. "So I guess there is nothing there but to get some supplies" She released her Snorunt from the Pokeball.

Snorut: The Snow Hat Pokemon - Ice Type

"In the snow country, certain folklore says a house will prosper if a Snorunt lives there."

"That's it? What about attacks?" Daphne asked as she pressed a button. "It knows Powder Snow, Double Team, Bite, Ice Fang, Headbutt, Crunch and Hail. Hmmm that could be an interesting combination"

"Oh, this one looks cool," Jordan pointed out as he looked at the Pokedex that he had received from Professor Rowan. He checked his Basculin's attack for a bit but ended up skimming through it, causing him to not notice what its attacks were at first glance. He was feeling a bit nervous now that they had officially started, but he wasn't one to give up on the things that he wanted to do and this was no exception. He looked at the group of trainers that were around him curiously. "Well since we all have the same destination why don't we go to Sandgem together, I know a good route we can take and it'll get us there in a few hours if we get a good pace."

Rafe grabbed his pokedex and put it away in his bag where unless he figured out how to work it without breaking it, it would never see the light of day. "I see no problem with it," Rafe replied to Jordan. If he had to travel with others then he might as well work towards, no matter how much he preferred to be alone.

As soon as he was outside he released Angel, the gastly flew around him in greeting, teasing by disappearing and reappearing around him places he wasn't looking. The emerald eyed teenager laughed in greeting the ghost type, grateful that his mother had gotten him for him. "Ready for our journey Angel?" he asked him earning a cry of agreement from the gas pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom