• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After Arceus, what will Gen V. Legendaries Be Like?

Maybe they'll create a satan-like pokemon. Something thats pure evil and Arceus's arch nemesis...

not like Darkrai, where its a nightmare... or Giratina, who's just a psycho creator thing.

Like, a full on Satan who is bent on destroying everything because Arceus doesn't like him.

I dunno. Maybe it'll be the next legendary.

I'm pretty sure a Satan Pokémon is a very bad idea. They've been pretty adamant about how Pokémon aren't ever inherently evil, plus children using the Devil (or its Pocket Monster equivalent) to battle their friends just shouts all kinds of "no."
Like, a full on Satan who is bent on destroying everything because Arceus doesn't like him.
Where on Earth did you get the idea that that is what Satan is?

Well they could start the cycle over? Like have a Pokémon like Mewtwo or something. Who said that the "God" Pokémon has to be in the latest Generation. Arceus can stay in Generation 4 and that it. Does that make sense?

but doesnt mews backstory state that every pokemons DNA traces back to mew?
/controversy.

Does anyone else think that Mew's Red/Green sprite looks like a foetus? http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/38/Spr_1g_151.png

Come to think of it we have an Alpha Pokemon, what about an Omega Pokemon? A Pokemon fabled to be in charge of ending the world. Key word being "fabled," meaning you can use the baddie in battle without accidentally making the world go boom.

I was thinking the same thing, sort of like Arceus' twin..

Have a look at Arceus' Dex Data:

Diamond - It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.

Pearl - It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.

Platinum - It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

Now, I'm just throwing this out there...
Perhaps, while Arceus had the power to "shape" the world, it didn't in fact "create" the world using it's own power, the Creatrix power could have come from elsewhere, and when Arceus hatched and grew (I'm assuming since it was in an egg that it grew), it took responsibility for giving the world form, laws, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina etc. So, while Arceus is credited as being the Pokemon that shaped the world, perhaps it's not omnipotent.

Gen 5 leganderies will just be like that, leganderies. Something like Lugia or Ho-oh. It will not be something that build a part of land, or the ocean. A pokemon might have telekinesis, and it hunted by a ego maniac, like it was in the second movie.

3. A REALLY, REALLY BIG LEGENDARY
4. A REALLY, REALLY SMALL LEGENDARY
5. A MYSTERIOUS LEGENDARY (?)

no Pokemon has gotten any smaller than .2 meters/8 inches, which is how big Shaymin is. Likewise, while they're not really the biggest Pokemon out there (being outclassed by the likes of Whaloh and Haganeil), the feature legendaries of the past few generations have been pretty huge so far as Pokemon go, especially Rayquaza and Giratina (something needs to be said about the fact that, despite Pocket Monsters being conveniently portable, it almost loses the point when a large majority of the creatures rarely exceed the size of a human). Oh, and Mew and those other promotionals aren't mysterious enough?

Because their back story didn't involve the creation of pretty much everything in the pokemon mythos? Because neither of them have 120 in every stat across the board or become any type they please, made more potent by their ability to have practically any move they like at their disposal? :/
I mean honestly, what would you suggest? Some 999 stat beast that is every single type all at once and can use 3 attacks per turn? A creator of the creator pokémon?
And then when everyone denounces that as the 'god' pokemon and says it can be topped, we'll get the creator of the creator of the creator pokemon that wins battles instantly 'cause it says so. What fun.

I think Dragon Quest had something like that. His name was Estark, and he could literally get to 999 in all stats at max level (at least in the Dragon Quest V remakes). Come to think of it... OH SHIT! Estark's a Pokemon too. XD

As I said, there's many definitions of what constitutes "god". Baldur was a god and he got killed by a sprig of mistletoe.

I thought Baldur was just a mortal whose overprotective mother tried to beg every material on earth not to harm her son (and she succeeded in convincing all but the mistletoe). However, I think you have a point about one thing: in Norse mythology, gods can very much die. In fact, they actually know and anticipate their own demise as it comes during Ragnarok.

I want to see Lovecraftian-style cosmic horrors as legendary Pokémon, just the sight of them is supposed to drive one insane.

Yuxie with its eyes open. In fact, one of these days, I intend to portray the legendary sprites to be quite disturbing.

I say there will be multiple gods in the 5th gen. Perhaps Arceus is only one god of many.

you mean Arceus is the first Pokemon with 720 base stats, right? Yeah, that could happen in future generations... hell, not one but two new Pokemon matched Mewtwo in base stats as early as the second generation, so it's possible. However, the fact that Arceus can represent literally every type makes this kinda iffy at the same time.

Hmm. A Midgard Serpent would be interesting but almost impossible to do since the big thing with that was that it was so long that it wrapped around the world. Maybe they could set it up so there's this long bulge in the ground for the whole game, finally you get to the head, you battle it, you catch it, and as you catch it the tail snaps off so that there can be new ones (even though you only get the one).

nah. I think the logical choice is to just have the Pokemon shrunk down. Besides, why does it need to be the Midgard Serpent? They could just as easily make a legendary based off of Nidhogg... now that'd be pretty awesome. An apocalyptic Pokemon that, unlike Absol, is actually legendary.

Then there's Kyroge who creates the ocean, but also Manaphy who is the prince of the sea. And then on top of that there's Lugia who lives in the sea.

according to a Youtube video of Soul Silver gameplay, Lugia apparently hasn't been retconned from being called a "god of the sea" (うみの まもりがみ umi no mamorigami, can be seen at 2:08).

Now that may sound like Shaymin, but Shaymin is closer to a god of fertility.

nah, Shaymin's more a god of gratitude. Even then, it's hard to call it a god at all when practically every Pokemon media out there pretty much outright says that it's far from being one-of-a-kind and is merely a scarcely-seen hedgehog (guess Gravy's theory of teen-age girls' handbags is correct XD). I guess technically, promotional legendaries are just rare animal sightings, so rare they can't even be seen unless you manage to get them transferred into your game at various events (though that wouldn't explain why they can't breed). In fact, rare sightings is pretty much how the birds were played up to be back in generation 1, which goes to show that not every legendary has to be considered "godly".

But the thing is if Arceus really IS that powerful, and did create the world, then it should not just be a Sinnoh legend, everyone should be aware of it.

The reason you saw no mention of these Pokemon before is because well, GameFreak is making this up as they go along. Of course when new Pokemon are introduced they act as if they've "always been there," rather than just being discovered. Its not like Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh's Pokes randomly appeared out of the blue when we were in the RBY or Kanto era, they were always there, we just never saw them in terms of the games/anime storyline.

I guess that's the problem, obviously there are retcons like when the early games/anime only say there were 150 Pokemon, but that can't be helped.

technically, it's not as though everyone outside of Greece knew about Zeus back when people actually practiced his religion. Likewise, even Yaweh had to have his knowledge spread all throughout the world. I guess the problem is that either A) all of the Pokemon world practices Shintoism, basically the acceptance of any and all gods, not putting any particular emphasis on whatever created the universe and thus not worth constantly praising it, let alone bringing it up at all, or B) the Pokemon world is far too scientific to spread around religions (old or new) practiced by foreign cultures. I call A. B would be rather ironic since, when you're living in a world where psychics are proven to exist (and ridiculously powerful ones at that), I'd expect creationism wouldn't seem too far fetched.

But anyway, the retconing wouldn't be half as confusing if Gamefreak would just keep all the Pokemon in their respective regions, and maybe came up with more unorthodox evolution methods sooner, like Pokemon can't breed or evolve by Happiness in Kanto? I'll give generation 4 credit for most of its unique evolution methods, some of which required previously unseen rare items or locations specific to the region. The learning attacks method was unfortunately undone by Heart/Soul, where all these Pokemon could learn those attacks by level-up in Jouto as well, even though they could've easily re-done their learnsets for those games much as they came up with an inane excuse to not allow evolving in Fire/Leaf (in fact, Heart/Soul in general was a fucking disappointment in terms of new move availability; String Shot as a tutor? Oh, and passing around shitty attacks like Skull Bash and Razor Wind onto egg move pools as if they were candy). They deserve props for having all pre-evolutions generation 3 onward require an incense item, though.

It'd be interesting to get a god with multiple arms. Yes I know they SAY that Arceus has a thousand of them, but we don't SEE them. I mean more physical arms like Machamp, only on a legendary.

obviously, Arceus is a Diclonius. Better not murder its pet Absol right in front of it, or the entire universe is as good as fucked.

We need bug legendaries... and rock ones too...

um... Regirock?

Last edited:
Maybe we could have another dragon trio, but instead of being creators and whatnot, they're like those famous dragons that are jsut uber powerful and uber rare. you know, like a frost dragon, a fire dragon, and a dark dragon.

As people have mentioned before, Pokemon is incorporating a lot of themes to do with outer space and such.
Maybe in Gen V, the plot will revolve around a nearby planet which has been discovered by satellites. You'll start off in the new reigon and collect your eight badges as per usual, but every now and then the Professor will call you and babble on about this planet or you catch glimpses of TV programs. After gaining over half the badges the new reigons new evil team of villians will steal the first space ship that was going to set off to the planet, but you being the hero follow them on board and defeat them. The owner of the space ship is so grateful that he takes you to this new planet, which is really small and is home to the version mascot. The only other pokemon to occupy the land are the regional bird and rodent and the Gen V psuedo legendaries. There could be two different psuedo's with each being version exclusive.
Kind of got a bit off track, probably won't happen, just throwing ideas around. :)

Gen V in space would be amazing...

I was hoping they were leading up to it but probably not

EDIT: I mean, it would open up a new realm and let them create completely new pokémon with the deoxy's factor to them. IMO it's a good idea.

gen V don't need to be more powerful than arceus, to me they only need to have a cool design and good movepoll, and a nice myth.

some fans believe that arceus being a god or a God, it shouldn't be able to be catchable inside a pokeball,

will you accept a pokemon existing in a pokemon game and you not being able to catch it??

some fans when thinking of god/God they only think of monotheists(one god religion, and don´t understand that there are other religions with polytheism(several gods, ancient and actual religions with billions of followers), to me some aspects of other religions are very interesting(multi gods/deities,peace by respect), like Buddhism and Hinduism.
multi-gods religions have all fight between gods massive destruction, some gods even can be hurt by puny humans!!!

to me gen V needs

a pokemon legendary that is able to cross between several dimensions.
a new trio based on griffin, fish, horses(pegassus, centaur, seahorse of posidon, multi-legs horse of odin,...)
a legendary to represent gravity (one of universal forces, so a very powerful pokemon).
a opposite for rayquaza( groudon is red with black/blue lines, kyogre is blue with red lines, rayquaza is green with yellow lines.... you see what i mean??), could be some thing like above atmosphere, like magnetosphere, control of magnetism
a new artificial pokemon based in robotics.... like nanotechnology
a tree-ent (like in lord of the rings, imagine a piece of regigigas moss fell down, and grow to be a tree, independent of regigigas, a strong pokemon with the ability - thick bark - protects from fire and ice and bug, and flying moves for four initial turns)
the black tortoise from asia myth(a tortoise that has a snake around is shell, 2 in 1 type of pokemon)
kraken deep ocean rift legendary
a legion legendary( one mind, several bodies, psychic or ghost)
a mountain goat(fight legendary)

They could take a look at alternate 'creation stories', and we could possibly end up with Izanagi and Izanami persona... I mean Pokemon. >_>

I doubt they'll top it and HGSS confirmed he was most well-known 'good' god.

I think GF might make an evil counterpart to Arceus or an evil God of some sort. It doesn't exactly have to be like Satan and whatnot, there are other evil counterparts/gods that aren't Satan. Hades perhaps or its name derive from Hades ala Arceus being derived from Zeus? The Distortion World reminded me a lot of the Underworld.

Maybe he can be based off of this guy?

I thought that's what Spear Pillar referenced.

I'm pretty sure it does. I was thinking they could sprout up more Pokemon based on the myth or something like that. Though since Arceus is found at the tower based upon the myth, that specific example probably isn't likely to happen again.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom