• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After Arceus, what will Gen V. Legendaries Be Like?

oh, wait! epiphany! maybe its not god, but more or less the servant of the 'god' pokemon sent to create the universe, like jesus to God, but minus the creation part!

They could have legends of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart.

And by their powers combined....

Groudon, Ho-Oh, Suicune, Kyogre, and Mesprit.

So Arceus is really Captain Planet? That explains a lot, including how it got its ass kicked by a meteor (Man, CP got served a hell of a lot of the time).

It'd be interesting to get a god with multiple arms. Yes I know they SAY that Arceus has a thousand of them, but we don't SEE them. I mean more physical arms like Machamp, only on a legendary.

I think they should have a seriously tiny Pokémon and call it... Pokérus, then have some other Pokémon that'll be it's opposite, when you battle with Pokérus in 2v2, you get Pokérus, when you battle the other guy you're Pokémon is automatically badly poisoned. Wow, that idea was crap :D

The tradition of the franchise has always been that the legendaries in the current generation was always more powerful, rare and significant than the previous. So with keeping with tradition I don't think game freak will start creating small time legendaries just for the sake of pokemon continuing. (but i could be wrong)

The only thing I can think of topping the god pokemon; if not topping then certainly coinsiding are a duo of one that represents life and the other that represents death.

Ho-oh, Arcues, and the lake trio sort of have the "life" quality but it isn't specific i don't think. and darkrai and giratina don't qualify as pokemon of death. But perhaps that would be too dark for the kids.

Well if there's 10 legendaries again, not all 10 have to be more powerful than Arceus.

The tradition of the franchise has always been that the legendaries in the current generation was always more powerful, rare and significant than the previous. So with keeping with tradition I don't think game freak will start creating small time legendaries just for the sake of pokemon continuing. (but i could be wrong)

When has that ever been a tradition? Ho-Oh and Lugia despite a high likelyhood of being worshiped by the people of ancient Ecruteak are no more powerful than Mewtwo. They've just been involving legendaries in the plot more and more, and have been giving them powers to fit said plot. It does not mean it is a tradition.

And really, you think they'd rather "keep with tradition" than make money? How many other "traditions" have there been that have already been broken? Making a legendary not as powerful or world-ending as Arceus or its incarnations is not that big a deal, especially when it fits into whatever plot they come up with.

I get the feeling when we do find out the first 5th gen legendary, people are going to complain because it doesn't conform to their elitist standards.

I get the feeling when we do find out the first 5th gen legendary, people are going to complain because it doesn't conform to their elitist standards.

People ALWAYS complain. About EVERY Pokemon. It's not elitist. It's people bitching because it's not the EXACT Pokemon they had envisioned.

With the writers using Arceus to represent god and the ultimate Pokemon, how can Gen. V and its legendaries compare?

How can the writers top GOd?

Dragon Ball Z has taught us a lot about going beyond god.

Arceus isn't "God" arceus is a "god"--there is a difference, and its been pointed out so many times that saying it once more is pointless.

I SAY THE NEXT REGION IS ACTUALLY A GIANT LEGENDARY POKEMON [/allcaps]
I actually like this idea. And it could be waking and causing earthquakes when it moves.
However once you caught it the region would disappear.

They should introduce a new trio, of course.
Then a trio master, of course.
Then a few ubers, of course.
A cute one or two, of course.
A few others, just to look for, of course.
Then something completely rubbish that looks really powerful with a really badass name. A Legendary with the same stats as a Sunkern and moveset as Magikarp. That'd be hilarious. At least, I think so.

Are you kidding me? There are so many themes that haven't even been exhausted.

First of all, it seems as though the past two generations have been implying a direction towards Outer Space, starting with Deoxys and Jirachi, as well as the current batch of spacetime critters. Perhaps the next step is to actually take a trip to the Cosmos and battle some intergalactic Legendary. If they were able to introduce other dimensions (Torn World) in a Pokemon game, why not other planets/satellites/etc?

Like a legendary sun god Pokemon, a legendary Pokemon on the Moon, or a legendary Pokemon that is a moon!

What about a legendary Pokemon that lives in the center of the Earth? Or a black hole Pokemon that can suck up the world... Come to think of it we have an Alpha Pokemon, what about an Omega Pokemon? A Pokemon fabled to be in charge of ending the world. Key word being "fabled," meaning you can use the baddie in battle without accidentally making the world go boom.

We still don't even have an official Bug, Poison, or Fighting Legendary (And no, Arceus does not count).

I'm really excited for the next generation of legendaries; the back stories each generation become more rich, and the roles of these legendaries become more intertwined, and not simply big powerful Pokemon just there for the hell of it (like the legendary birds in generation 1).

what about MORE gods?

More Pokemon that "have control over a certain aspect of an element of the world/universe/etc."? We already have quite a bit, and it would simply be repetitive in my opinion.

I nominate an ancient robotic legendary Pokemon that had been manufactured thousands of years ago by the original inhabitants of this world which has now arrived through time to stop the "Pokemon Invasion", a cosmic event that may have resulted in the reason why Pokemon are here.

Essentially ironic seeing as you would probably be able to capture the metal monstrosity and train it like a Pokemon.

Oh, and it is powered on burnt bacon and Mudkips.

Just throwing my horrific ideas out here.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom