• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Animal Planet is ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArceusAlpha493

The benevolant creator
Reaction score
Anybody remember watching Animal Planet during 2001- 2008, those that the whole family could enjoy. Now animal planet is nearly adult oriented and most of them have little or nothing to do with animals. For example are the list of shows:
Meerkat Manor
Crocodile Hunter
Jeff Corwin Experiance
Planet's Funniest Animals
Orangotan Island
Emergency Vets
and many others that aired during that time.
Discuss.

The one show I watched that you listed was Planet's Funniest Animals, the original one. I miss it a lot. :-( As well as Pet Star.

I totally agree. I know since my little brother watches it at max volume every single day when he isn't watching Disney Channel, not giving me a moment of peace. >.<

Emergency Vets
Didn't care for the list until I hit that. Might have been where I learned the term "degloving." >_< I also remember Dr. Kevin Fitzgerald, and that one dude who went to get a shot but it hit a nerve and he fainted, and the whole episode dedicated to that puppy with a twisted esophagus (or something) that they tried to keep alive.
SereBsad.gif

I also remember That's My Baby, particularly that one episode with the horse that accidentally put out one of her eyes.

Nowadays, I watch Dogs/Cats 101 and, if I remember, Puppy Bowl (forgot this time D: ).

Last edited:
Ah, that reminds me of the (fairly) new slogan: "Animal Planet. Surprisingly Human."

SomeAwbrowquirk.gif

Are Homo Sapiens not an animal according to science?
It's like the word "theory": scientific term (member of the kingdom Animalia) =/= common term (animals besides humans). Animal Planet's using the common term.

The australia and new zealand one has life insurance ads every single fucking second!!!

Ready.

The are some good show worth watching.

It me or the Dog.

Fatal Attraction

I honestly never cared for Animal Planet. I only watched the Crocodile Hunter.

I don't really watch it. The only show I watch on it now is "The Monsters inside of me". It's a disgusting but interesting show.

The quality of the programming has declined over the years. I suppose the Discovery Channel rejects are being dumped into reduce costs and fill in time.

Don't really care for it, but being a network, it's destined to suffer from network decay.

Happens to everything, it seems.

Crocodile Hunter was one of my absolute favorite shows when I was younger, (I still catch it sometimes randomly very early before work on the Discovery channel) Jeff Corwin was also really good.

I think the last time I watched Animal Planet was when they did the show where scientists tried to predict what future animals might evolve into after humans "leave earth".

I really don't know what they show on the channel nowadays.

Call of the Wildman's worth it for me but yeah.
In fact, half the shows that have been debuting lately have been getting one big "NO" from me; I lost hope when Top Hooker started airing.
I miss the old Animal Planet.

Animal Planet, like other networks, have gone downhill since 2009.

Crocodile Hunter
Jeff Corwin Experiance
Planet's Funniest Animals
Buggin' with Ruud
Corwin's Quest
The Most Extreme
and many others that aired before 2009. I stopped watching TV at the beginning of 2010.

^Those were very goods shows APL had. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom