• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

There's nothing I want more than Goh leaving as a main character. He's caused more controversy and divided the community more than anyone before. I know the writers probably don't care about that, but him leaving and shaking up the main cast as usual every 3-4 years since the end of Johto would be for the best. Also, it makes much more sense for him to just travel with Project Mew than continue to travel with Ash.

With all the recent speculation I figured I'd check back on the bingo card I made three years ago.
JNBingoCard.png
We came very, very close to a bingo in journeys! Better luck next time.

With all the recent speculation I figured I'd check back on the bingo card I made three years ago.
We came very, very close to a bingo in journeys! Better luck next time.
Ash getting a girlfriend (cough Serena) could still happen, Pidgeot technically did return, and Pikachu has a chance to loose to a level 5 starter in the next series. And an old Pokémon did evolve (Iris’s Axew into Haxorus as an example)

I'm still very irritated they keep stringing us along without a clear answer, but still nothing is confirmed yet. Its not confirmed Goh is staying, but its not confirmed he and Ash really are going their separate ways, which I genuinely hope for. It would be for the best.

I'm still very irritated they keep stringing us along without a clear answer, but still nothing is confirmed yet. Its not confirmed Goh is staying, but its not confirmed he and Ash really are going their separate ways, which I genuinely hope for. It would be for the best.
Honestly, with how they seem to be doing these last 2 episodes thematically, it’d be honestly anticlimactic if they suddenly do a 180 to have him stay. Here you have Go having decided that he wants to go on his own journey but not knowing how to tell Ash, while at the same time, Ash has also decided that he wants to do the same. Meanwhile, they brought back Lugia, the Pokémon that led to them meeting at the beginning of the series bringing things full circle and creating a book ends of sorts. If they reverse that , it just makes that all feel like pointlessMay stringing the audience along.

As frustrating as it is that they haven't provided more information, the fact that even Ash's English voice actress is also eager for some kind of announcement is honestly quite hilarious, especially when you consider that there are no legal means of watching the Japanese version. I'm also kind of curious as to how much Sarah Natochenny would know about the future of the anime. She obviously can't say anything when she's under a NDA, but considering that the dub is already getting to the Master Class battles, I just wonder if she and the rest of the dub cast/production crew would at least have a general idea as to what is going to happen next for the anime.

I do think it's more likely for Goh to leave though. If he's struggling to tell Ash that he wants to go on a journey by himself and Ash has decided to do the same before Goh could say anything, I don't think Goh will then decide he'll go with Ash instead of his original plan. Being able to battle Lugia, the same Pokemon that brought them together, would be a good way to make the series come full circle. It would allow for both Ash and Goh to remember how they first met, work together in battle and make them both realize how they'll always have a connection no matter where they go, which would be especially important for Goh. It isn't confirmed either way, but with the setup they've put in motion, it makes the most sense story and character wise in my opinion.

English VA’s would never be clued into the future of a franchise they’re dubbing though. Not saying that anyone here is trying to make that point, but asking a VA that works in dubbing or looking to them for hints of what’s yet to come won’t really amount to much.

Last edited:
Where’s Yveltal? It never appeared in the anime? So this isn’t counting movies
And lmao Tobias’s Latios. And I don’t see Latias
This list basically counts Ash's first encounter with each Legendary Pokémon outside of movies and specials, so it stands to reason why Yveltal and Latias don't appear on this video, as both of them have made their only TV episode appearances so far in special episodes where Ash doesn't appear.

You know, if Ash is heading to Paldea, there's one hope I have. I'm hoping that the anime is able to recapture the feeling of an actual journey that the OS-XY had. Paldea is meant to be the first truly open world and the games do a great job of giving you that sense of exploration. I hope the anime can give us this and see Ash and whoever his companions are just traveling this massive region together once more, heading from destination to destination in any order they please.

Credits to people on Serebii that found these. But yeah, more merchandise and these have a new logo. I've seen the logo in the upper left before, but the bottom left is new to me.
Doesn't really mean much. They've used the same logo for Galar merch
LottePokemonWafer_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Not much really came out of her attempt at contests and at the end of the day, all those meetups with Eeveelutions amounted to very little. They didn't solve the mystery of why her Eevee couldn't evolve, which was honestly the perfect setup for a new Eeveelution which had no payoff because they seem afraid now to make a new one. After everything, the big conclusion she came to was the possibilities are endless and she wants to know more about evolution. So it was very, very anti-climactic.
I still abide by my theory that she was originally supposed to be a G-Max Eevee but the idea was scrapped

Back
Top Bottom