• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April 11 Pokemon Sunday

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Serebii says they will reveal the 5th gen games on this day. Same as with Coro Coro, I only expect the titles, but there is the possibility of more. We already have a release window, but they might make it more specific like fall or winter.

Coro Coro will probably have more than Sunday. Can't wait :D

I strongly suspect that CoroCoro will reveal more information than Pokémon Sunday. Whenever Pokémon Sunday had exclusive news about HGSS, it was always followed by an even bigger CoroCoro reveal.

I'm glad that the Celebi event and the new games are going to be revealed at the same time. I have a very hard time seeing those two things being completely independent of each other.

CoroCoro with more information than Pokemon Sunday's reveal?

Ya don't say...

Pokemon Sunday could provide actual in-game footage, which would be nice to see if it receives a graphical upgrade.

Kind of off-topic, but does anyone remember that neat little Pokemon Garden (was that the name?) thing they had during the summer of Gen IV's release? Ya know, that one interactive Yahoo site? I really hope they do that again. It was pretty neat and provided us with info CoroCoro didn't in a few cases.

By 'reveal the 5th gen games', they probably mean 'LOL WERLD ANNOUNC3MENT THREE W33KS FROM NAO LOL' while CoroCoro actually spills the beans first.

It's about time we get some more info, no matter how little it may be compared to what'll be in the CoroCoro issue. Any new info regarding these games will please me.:ksmile:

Well atleast they're not being lazy about it. The more info, the marrier.

I think this Pokemon Sunday will clear up this 3DS issue one way or another. I don't think the issue would be something dealt with in CoroCoro.

Serebii says they will reveal the 5th gen games on this day. Same as with Coro Coro, I only expect the titles, but there is the possibility of more. We already have a release window, but they might make it more specific like fall or winter.

Oh wow, isn't this freaky, I just had a dream (I woke up a few minutes ago) where Pokemon Sunday actually did reveal the 'titles" of the games before anyone else. They had all the previous gen games, although it was primarily diamond/pearl (4th gen), and possibly Emerald (3rd gen). Sort of like that one picture a ways back from Coro-Coro, with Zoroark's Silhouette.

I can't really say what the titles were since the dream was very confusing, but I think they were something like "Glitter" and "Shimmer" or something like that. Now if I'm not mistaken that's what I thought the games were called but the sites I went to (in the dream) didn't have the titles down for some reason.

Oh well yay for freaky coincidence.

I had a similar dream, but about a week ago.
The names I remember were Topaz/Amethyst or Opal/Amethyst. I think I had been trying to recall which names redirected to the Pokemon website before I fell asleep so THAT ended up happening.

I had a similar dream, but about a week ago.
The names I remember were Topaz/Amethyst or Opal/Amethyst. I think I had been trying to recall which names redirected to the Pokemon website before I fell asleep so THAT ended up happening.

Yeah but my dream came out of nowhere, if anything I was actually expecting Coro-coro to reveal the titles, but if Pokemon Sunday does...freaky coincidence.

To answer my own question: Opal, Topaz and Amethyst all redirect to the Nintendo website, just like the official titles.
But random shit like Ivory and Solar don't so I guess it doesn't just need the word 'Pokemon' in it alone and they still have those names copyrighted...for some reason or another.

lol idk.

You can tell the future, dman.

Help me win the lottery and I'll split the winnings with you 90/10.

I can't really say what the titles were since the dream was very confusing, but I think they were something like "Glitter" and "Shimmer" or something like that

Glitter, huh?

I think your subconscious might be trying to tell you something...

I think this Pokemon Sunday will clear up this 3DS issue one way or another. I don't think the issue would be something dealt with in CoroCoro.

Or both of 'em could. But doesn't CoroCoro typically have more coverage over game-related stuff than Pokemon Sunday, or are they both equal in that aspect?

If anything, Coro Coro has better detail. Usually, Coro Coro has it before anyone else. For HG/SS, though, it was almost the exclusive domain of Sunday, who got all the info first. In this case, Sunday was the first with the silhouette, but Coro Coro revealed what it was first. There is no telling where the info is, or even if the official site will have surprises for us that will be seen nowhere else. (the official site gave us the fifth gen announcement to begin with) Whoever has it first, it will be something to wait for.

It's just like HGSS, only a month earlier... fun.

Well, I look forward to it. Maybe PS will have video like last time!

I still don't get why, with such a huge international following, there are only two sources of info on Pokemon games, both of which are Japanese. Is it just to monopolize the market and information? Is it to limit the news sources to the sorts of things they think children find more accessible? Is it a stodgy unwillingness to deal with filthy and treacherous gaijin?

Basically my point is I should be able to jam "Pokemon.com" into my url bar and see that "OH SHIT, they've announced a new movie and revealed the identity of two new pokemon, goddamn!" regardless of the language this announcement was made in. I should be able to go to IGN or Kotaku or Joystiq and get the latest news on these games, without that news having to go through five sources first.

More and more Nintendo (and by extension GameFreak) and Apple are resembling each other. I like my Mac, but in terms of public relations, that's a disturbing reality.

Back
Top Bottom