• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April 11 Pokemon Sunday

I would like to add that I still do not see any trademarks made by Gamefreak since the registry of the Zs, or before them but after the registry of "Hikari no Kiseki". (I went further back than that in the past, but I saw nothing) In the past, they tended to make them under an alias, but I wouldn't know how to search like that if it can be done.

I still don't get why, with such a huge international following, there are only two sources of info on Pokemon games, both of which are Japanese. Is it just to monopolize the market and information? Is it to limit the news sources to the sorts of things they think children find more accessible? Is it a stodgy unwillingness to deal with filthy and treacherous gaijin?

Basically my point is I should be able to jam "Pokemon.com" into my url bar and see that "OH SHIT, they've announced a new movie and revealed the identity of two new pokemon, goddamn!" regardless of the language this announcement was made in. I should be able to go to IGN or Kotaku or Joystiq and get the latest news on these games, without that news having to go through five sources first.

More and more Nintendo (and by extension GameFreak) and Apple are resembling each other. I like my Mac, but in terms of public relations, that's a disturbing reality.

Um..because the games aren't released on the same day for everyone? We always trail behind Japan in the anime and games. Why the heck are you complaining anyways? With the power of internet, we get the news the minute it comes out.

Back on topic: I'm glad they announced something for Pokemon Sunday. I bet the CoroCoro scans will leak the next day if not sooner. I hope for the titles of the games and the game box legendaries..

I still don't get why, with such a huge international following, there are only two sources of info on Pokemon games, both of which are Japanese. Is it just to monopolize the market and information? Is it to limit the news sources to the sorts of things they think children find more accessible? Is it a stodgy unwillingness to deal with filthy and treacherous gaijin?

Basically my point is I should be able to jam "Pokemon.com" into my url bar and see that "OH SHIT, they've announced a new movie and revealed the identity of two new pokemon, goddamn!" regardless of the language this announcement was made in. I should be able to go to IGN or Kotaku or Joystiq and get the latest news on these games, without that news having to go through five sources first.

More and more Nintendo (and by extension GameFreak) and Apple are resembling each other. I like my Mac, but in terms of public relations, that's a disturbing reality.

It's a japanese franchise made by a japanese company that is released here only because the Japanese want to.

I think that's pretty normal for them to do that. Usually, when a show or game is about to be released or whatever, the country that it's originally from will, most of the time, get first dibs on it on news, merchandise, ect. The only exception that I can think of at the moment is that in Europe, they'll get episodes of Fairly Odd Parents before we do, even though that show is originally from the US.

I'm really anxious about what's coming on the 11th now... definately something to look forward to within the next week.:expect:

Whatever's set to be shown, I'm sure I'll have to sit through another wonderful episode of PS as they inevitably hold off announcing said announcement till the end of the show.

Unless I wait for the usual sites to update with the info... But who wants to do that!

Titles would be nice, though such a reveal could be too much for Sunday. Another silhouette? Of other new Pokemon in the movie is what we're thinking, right? It works, if a tad tame. Maybe the name of a region!? Nah... Artwork? Possibly.

Actually I expect the titles will be revealed on the morning of Friday 9th Japanese time via a press release, just like the Heart Gold and Soul Silver titles and the 5th gen announcements were. The only substantial world first announcements Pokemon Sunday has had was the Zoroark silhouette, which was placed on the official CoroCoro website the next day and revealed fully in CoroCoro a few days later. Book this date into your calendar first before worrying about what Pokemon Sunday will 'reveal'.

Hey, early titles means more time to predict what the legends will look like.

It's a japanese franchise made by a japanese company that is released here only because the Japanese want to.

That's a facile argument and you know it. Squenix, Konami, Sony; all of them make simultaneous international announcements.

How long has Pokemon Sunday been around, anyway? Fairly recently, right?

Last edited:
How long has Pokemon Sunday been around? And is it always as annoying as the three minutes total that I've seen?

Eh, I just watch the game segments on Filb.

Pokemon Sunday has been airing for nearly 6 years no.
And it's a fun series.

Actually I expect the titles will be revealed on the morning of Friday 9th Japanese time via a press release, just like the Heart Gold and Soul Silver titles and the 5th gen announcements were. The only substantial world first announcements Pokemon Sunday has had was the Zoroark silhouette, which was placed on the official CoroCoro website the next day and revealed fully in CoroCoro a few days later. Book this date into your calendar first before worrying about what Pokemon Sunday will 'reveal'.

I hope your predictions are true! Friday morning would mean Thursday evening for people in the west? I can't wait!

I fail to see what is so exciting about game titles. When it happened with HeartGold and SoulSilver two days before the Sunday reveal, at least it was the first confirmation of the games actually existing.

Diamond and Pearl's titles were announced in October 2004 and they certainly didn't help anyone hazard guesses as to the version mascots.

I'll be up trying to watch Sunday (although usually I just get static). What will probably happen is, we'll be shown the games logos, and maybe a short clip (think about HG/SS's initial announcement, we got the titles, then Ethan walking around New Bark Town with a Chikorita for about 3 seconds). Then in CoroCoro we'll possibly see the starters and the new professor.

Should be pretty cool - I wonder if the CoroCoro scans will beat Sunday to the punch by coming early. Either way, though, definitely earlier than I expected, though I don't expect anything more than titles and maybe a couple silhouettes or screenshots.

(A tiny nagging part of my brain is saying it might be an entirely different game/set of games, but that would be entirely too cruel. >.>)

Then in CoroCoro we'll possibly see the starters and the new professor.
That has never been the case for the beginning of a new generation's coverage. As you can see here, the first details about Diamond and Pearl were the player characters' designs, names of region and starting town, tentative release date (Autumn or Winter), screenshots, moves and abilities of previously revealed Pokémon, confirmation of compatibility with previous versions, and a relation to an upcoming movie promotion.

That has never been the case for the beginning of a new generation's coverage. As you can see here, the first details about Diamond and Pearl were the player characters' designs, names of region and starting town, tentative release date (Autumn or Winter), screenshots, moves and abilities of previously revealed Pokémon, confirmation of compatibility with previous versions, and a relation to an upcoming movie promotion.

I dunno, didn't we learn about the Johto starters and Elm (and the mom design, which was odd) before we saw screenshots or the name of the region or move info?

Oh, right, we'll probably see the region name as well, maybe with a brief description of it. (I'm hoping for something more tropical for once.)

Back
Top Bottom