• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As town leader, they should give us more than a sentence.
It was the only thing I could do before going to work, and I was planning on giving more information after I would come home from work.
So why do you not trust this claim but you do trust the other one?
I do not trust the other one but Slife is more suspicious in my eyes because of how he behaves.
How does being the second one to claim make it scummier
It doesn't, but the other things do. And just the fact that there are 2 full doc claims makes me suspicious.
Given I was one of the last ones to claim, why would I fakeclaim Doctor and risk a counterclaim for a role that’s almost guaranteed to be in the setup?
Because you have the possibility to say you protected yourself (which you did) and if no one died say that that was because you protected yourself.
If I was trying to fakeclaim as a doctor why would I tell you that I targeted someone other than who you wanted me to?
To be honest in case I had a Tracker on you.
I figured scum might try to kill me again
Again? But you are a different role that might not be as powerful as the last, and why would you be more dangerous over myself (confirmed town) and Caps (confirmed insane cop)?
Which evidently was the case as my protection came back as successful.
So you say that mafia tried to kill you over a confirmed Town (Leader) and a confirmed (Insane) Cop?

I'm personally not exactly sure about what to do here. I just can't see any real basis to lynch Slife though. They haven't really done anything openly that makes me think we should lynch them. I can understand everything they've said. Caps said he already had protection sorted out, so it's fair that they protected themselves. I mean clearly it worked (or scum just shot at Caps).

Also, @CheffOfGames what makes you believe the first Doc claim over Slife?

True, but I can't see anything wrong with the way Slife's been acting. I'd still like to see Cheff say what exactly Slife did that looks scummy to him.
I think I have a lock on who's scum but I'll wait to hear from Cheff first.
You did say this Slife, you may be lynched, so there's no sense letting your thoughts die with you. If you look like you will indeed end up lynched, could you please clarify on who you think could be scum?

But Slife justified that in a way I feel is fair.
Cheff asked me to protect Caps, and I told him I would protect Caps if dylan flips scum (because if dylan flips town and without being able to get any info from Caps in the night, plus the fact that Caps already claimed he had protection, I saw no reason to protect Caps). I protected myself because Cheff said he already had protection, and I figured scum might try to kill me again. Which evidently was the case as my protection came back as successful.
Caps did claim to have protection already set up. I know Cheff is Town Leader, but that doesn't make him infallible. Clearly something worked last night, since no-one died. Personally I'm just not seeing Slife as worth it.

Something isnt right here still.

Slife and cheff didnt OC overnight after the Dylan flip to come up with a new plan? Why not? That sounds like something Slife wouldve been adamant about.

Bottom line; Slife was tracked to visiting himself, as a role that I guess couldve with reason. What scum role would selftarget I wonder?

Something isnt right here still.

Slife and cheff didnt OC overnight after the Dylan flip to come up with a new plan? Why not? That sounds like something Slife wouldve been adamant about.

Bottom line; Slife was tracked to visiting himself, as a role that I guess couldve with reason. What scum role would selftarget I wonder?

So are you calling doubt to Silfe or not? Because I'm reading this as the first part being "that's scummy" and the second part being "that's towny"

So are you calling doubt to Silfe or not? Because I'm reading this as the first part being "that's scummy" and the second part being "that's towny"

I want better justification from Slife than "I targetted myself because I said I wouldn't target Caps otherwise and Cheff said he had protection".

The last part helps validate his townie stance that he's arguing, so I think I'm more calling out Slife as uncooperative and/or acting rashly, rather than scummy. Until I can think of a scum role that would want to self-target, that tracker verification is making me want to very strongly not vote for Slife.

Framer, Mafia Doctor, and other ones I'm forgetting?

Framer!Slife Framing himself? I mean, ok that's conceivable but idk.

Mafia Doc could exist, given the Slife!Vig and FA!Vig shots that existed. Slife claims to have self-targetted and assumed he was last night's kill though, which is really presumptuous. As I said above though, he wasn't proven to have self-visited.

Slife self-visiting with little/no additional effort to confirm things with the town leader just seems out of whack.

##Vote Slife

There's a lot that needs to be answered and this will confirm many things, including:

1. Why Slife thought it was best to self-protect when he was requested to protect somebody in particular
  2. Why he's not working with the Town Leader to coordinate actions
  3. Why we have two doc claims in general
  4. What this means:
    1. I protected myself because Cheff said he already had protection, and I figured scum might try to kill me again. Which evidently was the case as my protection came back as successful.
    2. Slife was so certain that scum wanted him dead, twice? The mods confirmed that you saved yourself, vs just successfully targeting yourself? That doesn't add up; there's no way that a doc role would be told that they saved somebody's life, because that effectively makes the Doc into a Cop too.

Don't you mean some sort of nerved Tracker/Watcher?
Nah.

If I was a doc and protected Slife for instance

if the mods said "You protected Slife successfully", and they were actually saying "You saved Slife's Life", then that confirms that something tried to kill him, more or less confirming that Slife was the target of a shot. With the town Vig and ITP!Lyncher's Vig shot both in the graveyard, it's relatively safe to assume that any remaining shot is coming from Mafia, but even so, that's a heck of a lot of practically-confirmationism.

Day 3 and 3 quarter Votals
I do not trust the other one but Slife is more suspicious in my eyes because of how he behaves.
Care to elaborate?

It was the only thing I could do before going to work, and I was planning on giving more information after I would come home from work.
Why did you wait until about halfway through the phase to call me out when you knew I had protected myself pretty much right when the phase started and you showed up in thread once before? If I'm as suspicious as you say I am I'd think that'd be somewhat of a priority, right?

To be honest in case I had a Tracker on you.
If I was worried about a tracker on me that's even less reason for me to not target who you wanted me too.

Again? But you are a different role that might not be as powerful as the last, and why would you be more dangerous over myself (confirmed town) and Caps (confirmed insane cop)?
So you say that mafia tried to kill you over a confirmed Town (Leader) and a confirmed (Insane) Cop?
I'm not inside scum's head, who knows what they're thinking. But if you and Caps are as confirmed as you say, scum might think you're going to be protected (which both of you indeed were) and I figure I'm the next best target (and I felt like sticking around not gonna lie).

You did say this Slife, you may be lynched, so there's no sense letting your thoughts die with you. If you look like you will indeed end up lynched, could you please clarify on who you think could be scum?
To be honest, I originally thought Darth was scum at the end of the last phase, given how reserved yet active he's been in thread. That plus his lack of votes, especially on the last wagon made me suspicious because scum would know that dylan isn't mafia so they'd want to avoid the wagon and let town lynch him. I initiated an OC chat with him to see if I could confirm my suspicions on him. I also found jack to be scummy for similar reasons, and MegaPod acts so scummy at this point with his lynch-happy instinct that I don't even know if scum would actually let themselves be this scummy. I was also highly suspicious of Caps' claim after dylan flipped town (one of the main reasons I didn't protect him) but I'm also a bit reluctant to believe that scum would make such a ballsy play, and given the probability of a bastard element I left to Cheff to deal with. jdthebud's another one that pinged me for CWAC but it's the most tame of the scum leans. Basically I had the mafia team pegged at 3 of Darth/jack/Caps/jd/MegaPod. This doctor debacle changes some things though. I still think jack and MegaPod are likely scum. MegaPod and Caps are probably different alignment given how much the former has tunneled the latter. But I changed my mind on Darth seeing as he didn't take the chance to vote me immediately and is actually thinking it through first and calling out MP12 for his hastiness. Elie's one my scum radar now with the way he's trying to twist the situation to make it seem like I acting in defiance of Cheff for no reason and dismissing my explanations. I'll try to post a more concise scum list near EoD if my lynch is imminent.
At least some good things can come from my potential lynch. If I get lynched that confirms the other guy who claimed Doc as scum (or at least not town). The ones who hop onto my wagon without at least some hesitation (i.e. MegaPod12) or who excessively push it are prime scum candidates as well. It's worth looking at similarities between my wagon and dylan's, and also the ones who push Caps right after wagonning on dylan. Also, if it goes down to Final 3 and Cheff or Caps are still alive, anything about "confirmed" townie should be thrown out the window.

Sounds like cheff gave an order and slife disobeyed for no real reason?
I believe I already stated my reasons and I stand by them (and the decision). It's not like I did it out of the blue too. I told Cheff beforehand that I was not going to protect Caps if dylan flips town.

Wait, was this confirmed by the host?
Yes, but apparently it was a mistake on the host's part. My role PM came back saying my protection was successful. I assumed that meant I had successfully protected myself, but then AE later corrected me after my previous post that it just meant my power successfully activated. AE said he made a mistake and that the doctor isn't supposed to get a result, which is what confused me as well so I just figured it was intentional by the hosts.

Slife self-visiting with little/no additional effort to confirm things with the town leader just seems out of whack.
You're making it sound like I alienated and ignored Cheff. I was communicating a lot with Cheff in OC but he was giving slow and vague responses so it was frustrating. I was trying to work with him but he he was reluctant to share anything with me and wanted to go by his own plan (which he had to wait until the end of the night for whatever reason). Heck, I even told Cheff that I protected myself almost immediately after the night ended and before he asked everyone in thread to send them their actions from the previous 2 nights. @CheffOfGames can confirm this.

Slife was so certain that scum wanted him dead, twice? The mods confirmed that you saved yourself, vs just successfully targeting yourself? That doesn't add up; there's no way that a doc role would be told that they saved somebody's life, because that effectively makes the Doc into a Cop too.
if the mods said "You protected Slife successfully", and they were actually saying "You saved Slife's Life", then that confirms that something tried to kill him, more or less confirming that Slife was the target of a shot. With the town Vig and ITP!Lyncher's Vig shot both in the graveyard, it's relatively safe to assume that any remaining shot is coming from Mafia, but even so, that's a heck of a lot of practically-confirmationism.
Like I said above, I just got a response saying my protection was successful. AE clarified that it means I successfully targeted myself, while Zexy scolded him that I shouldn't have received any result in the first place. So I guess scum didn't try to kill me after all. Or rather it's more likely that they hit into Cheff's or Caps' protect than mine. My bad.

Also Vote: MegaPod12

I was waiting for Cheff to suggest a lynch target by piecing together the claims he got, but evidently I don't agree with the one he suggested. Going to go back to scumhunting based on actually scumminess. If ya'll want to lynch me, at least keep trying to scumhunt at the same time so we don't waste another phase like we did yesterday being distracted by the insane cop check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom