• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Animated Game Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cheren, B2W2 male player and rival - possible animation short?

I know it's incredibly hopeful, but does anyone think the video is any indication that walking with pokemon is coming back? That's my favourite thing ever and I was so upset when it was left out of B/W. I thought they might have saved it for the third version (or now sequels) but still nothing...There's new pokemon overworlds in screenshots, and apparently Alder says something about walking step-by-step with pokemon.

Now this video, all pokemon are always seen out with their trainers, even team plasma! There is not one scene of someone throwing a pokeball out or calling back a pokemon into it's pokeball (which they usually love to show). I really doubt it but maybe they've made it optional and aren't showing it yet in-game?
Hopefully it's optional. HOPEFULLY.

The game is due out in 1 month and 1 week and we haven't heard anything about walking Pokémon, so I highly doubt it is returning.

Unfortunately.

I know it's incredibly hopeful, but does anyone think the video is any indication that walking with pokemon is coming back? That's my favourite thing ever and I was so upset when it was left out of B/W. I thought they might have saved it for the third version (or now sequels) but still nothing...There's new pokemon overworlds in screenshots, and apparently Alder says something about walking step-by-step with pokemon.

Now this video, all pokemon are always seen out with their trainers, even team plasma! There is not one scene of someone throwing a pokeball out or calling back a pokemon into it's pokeball (which they usually love to show). I really doubt it but maybe they've made it optional and aren't showing it yet in-game?

I would love this option, but all the screenshots we've seen so far haven't had any walking Pokemon. :< For the trailer, I suppose they couldn't waste a few seconds for trainers to send out their Pokemon or something.

I'll be happy if we get Professor Layton style cutscenes - there aren't too many, so the game isn't drowned in them, and the voice acting is pretty good (at least the UK voice acting is fine, I'm not sure about the US voice acting).

As long as they didn't use the anime voice actors, I'd be happy. But I doubt there'd be cutscenes anyway (though, considering how much the main series games have been changing recently, there's still possible).
I can see the existing characters being used. Bianca and Elisa are the only two that I know of in that video that been seen in the Anime. For that video, they both had one line each, or 4 "entries" by the Subtitle file. (I made it, so I know how many lines they had.)

Professor Layton uses a large amount of US actors, actually only Luke the only character who got recast for the UK versions. In the third game, I did recognise Yuri Lowenthal's* voice before I checked the net for cast listings. (It's even more off putting whan you're playing Fallout New Vegas on the PC around the same time.) *Like Nolan North, and the Black Power Ranger (Johnny Yong Bosch), he's in many games, the biggest is Sasuke Uchiha.
I wouldn't mind animated cutscenes in the main series, under the condition that they won't make the game turn into another Final Fantasy (where gameplay is de facto an excuse to see loads and loads of cutscenes). Thankfully Pokemon was never about plot so it probably wouldn't happen, but still ^^"
Try XenoSaga, the game is pretty much move up, get a cut scene, battle get a cut scene. Doesn't sound bad, until you realise that the minimum cut scene is over a minute long. I once had a Wireless Ps2 Pad. It turned off TWICE during a single cut scene.

There's nothing more annoying that sitting through a video, explaining why you're wearing a hat that appear to be a comic about throwing jars of (questionable) Liquids, and the guy in the comic. (Being a TF2 player, I proudly claim I own that hat)

As for walking, I also doubt they've brought it back, but they could keep it hidden. All We could have seen are not from the version of the game we'll buy. I think they've finished the game now. As for walking pokémon in the anime, unnecessary slow down of place. Plus, They're the stars, not the trainers,

WHY CAN'T THE REAL ANIME BE LIKE THIS

THE POKEMON AREN'T EVEN REPEATING THEIR NAMES THIS IS PERFECTION (sans the music which got boring fast)

AND OMG YOU CAN CATCH A SEVIPER IN BW2?? :D

Did anyone else feel like the music for the first scene felt like it should have been in a pro-wrestling match?

Now that you mention it. Yes, yes I do!

I already fangirled about the vid but...

BEL HAS AZUSA'S VOICE? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!! <3333 I love Azusa~ ;________; I totally didn't recognize her though! XD

Please please please make this a real series? *w*

In the words of Barney Stinson, that was legend--wait for it!--dary.

Although the animation was awesome, what really sold me over was how awesome a story-focused Pokemon anime could be. It isn't "mature" or "dark" enough (don't get me wrong; even Arcanine's Bite attack wasn't nearly as brutal as some people made it out to be) that it would alienate the younger crowd, but the story and quality of the battles would draw a lot of older fans in. I don't hate the real anime--I accept it for what it is--but I can't think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy a Pokemon anime similar to this trailer, even among the show's youngest fans.

Too bad that even if something like a full-scale anime of this was ever to be made, the quality of the animation wouldn't quite live up to what we saw here. At least not with a weekly series.

It's a shame that this was just a one-off, to be honest. I'd like to know what was actually happening, as well (though I guess the fact that I don't understand Japanese doesn't exactly help), though I guess it'll all make sense when BW2 are released.

But damn, Cheren looked so badass in that video. I'm actually starting to like him now.

Does this short confirm that Pokemon make Pokemon noises in the games too?

Does this short confirm that Pokemon make Pokemon noises in the games too?

If they dub this, just watch as every one of those noises are replaced by the pokémon saying it's own name...

I don't think so, the trailers with Eevee and Riolu in them showed (hearded?) their in-game cries. Which is good, because the "Pokemon sound just like animals instead of saying their names" was something I didn't like about the trailer. D: Their game cries and their names are good enough.

Is anyone else excited by the fact that Team Plasma seems to have a pirate aspect to them? That means... MORE GOOD WATER TYPES AVAILABLE! :D

I'm hoping for Gyarados, Sharpedo, Wailord, Tentacruel, Lanturn, the Clamperl family, and it would be really BA if you could catch Kabutops and Omastar

Pirates? If anything the new Team Plasma are based very much on Ninjas. Watching the Shadow Triad was like watching a good episode of Naruto.

I don't buy Bulbapedia's article at all that Team Magma were based on Ninjas, if anything they look like Barbarians. Neo Team Plasma are where your Ninjas are at.

Y-you think that if this promo video gets such good response from a lot of people, that something will be made of it? (Has that ever happened before?) >_>

Damn, out of all the BW2 news that has been out since the beginning, the thought of this not being anything more is the only thing to disappoint me. It would be neat if the games had animation cut scenes like this though.

Try XenoSaga, the game is pretty much move up, get a cut scene, battle get a cut scene. Doesn't sound bad, until you realise that the minimum cut scene is over a minute long. I once had a Wireless Ps2 Pad. It turned off TWICE during a single cut scene

There's nothing more annoying that sitting through a video, explaining why you're wearing a hat that appear to be a comic about throwing jars of (questionable) Liquids, and the guy in the comic. (Being a TF2 player, I proudly claim I own that hat)

That's exactly what annoyed me about FFX, actually. You couldn't move an inch before another annoying cutscene popped in your face. You barely even got to fight. It played more like a PS2 tech demo than an actual game tbh, I don't get why it is so popular.

@topic - every trailer on YouTube seems to have been erased by now. :/

That was a sweet video. It would be cool if they did a little animated short to go with the release of the game as they did with Kid Icarus. Pokemon videos would actually make the 3DS' video app worthwile.

@topic - every trailer on YouTube seems to have been erased by now. :/

It's supposed to be officially released in a few hours, so I wouldn't worry. :)

So, my fiance and I watched this for the first time this morning while we were watching today's episode of the anime and getting ready for work. Previously, we'd been thinking that, in order to be responsible and save money, we would both only get an English copy of Black 2 and White 2, one for him and one for me, and that we wouldn't even think about getting the Japanese versions, even though I usually love to do that.

After seeing this, we just looked at each other and said "We're preordering the Japanese game tonight when we get home from work". And then we're going to go to Game Stop and preorder the English versions, lol. We can't help it, we're huge Pokemon nerds.

This promo was amazing all over. The only thing I would have changed was the music, but only to tone it down a little. I loved the remix of the Plasma battle theme! Honestly. seeing the PC with Lucario was so epic, since it's one of my fiance's favorite Pokemon. When Arcanine attacked Seviper, we both shouted, just as if it were a real battle happening. My fiance said "Oh my god, why are we still watching Ash?"

The recent Corocoro issues have been interesting, certainly, and I'm especially excited about the World Tournament, but nothing, NOTHING has gotten me as excited for these games as this promo has. June 23rd cannot possibly get here soon enough now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom