• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Babelfished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murgatroyd said:
I've seen that one. They got a few parts wrong (the one I remember in particular was the omission of "of the United States"). I memorized it a bit more recently, for a civics class in high school.

I have the series on DVD. Watching them again, I was surprised at how politically incorrect the history songs were. But that's what made the 1970s so much fun.

English->Dutch->French->English
I cuts the series one DVD. Watching them again, I was surprised incorrect At how politically the history songs were. That' S what made the 1970s so much fun drank.

Okay, here are some more. Because this is just so much fun. XD

English: It is better to be poor and happy than to be rich and unhappy.
English > Italian > English: It is better to be poor and happy that rich and unfortunate being.

English: The wisest follow their own direction.
English > Japanese > English It is wisest it follows to itself direction.
Then into Chinese and back: It is unwisest it follows to the itself direction.

The second one is interesting because you get an opposite meaning, or at least that's the closest you get to figuring out what it's trying to say.

English:
Most of us are at the age when we are beginning to vote and participate in government. Imagine that you are grocery shopping, and you see a local congressman there. Because you have never seen him in person, you stop and take a closer look, only to see that he is shoplifting! When you leave the store, you call the police, but they refuse to believe your claim. Desperate, you call the local newspaper, but they tell you that since their owner is a friend of the congressman, they cannot print anything bad about the man.

English -> traditional Chinese:
The majority we are in the age when we start to vote and to participate in the government. The imagination, you buy the vegetable, and you see a place congressman there. Because you personally never saw him, you stop and adopt close look, only some looked, he enters the shop to commit a theft! When you leave the store, you tell the police, but they resist 絕 to believe your request. 絕 looks, you are called the local paper, but they tell you because their owner is congressman's friend, they are unable series printing any badly about the person.

English -> traditional Chinese -> Korean:
Majority us we vote to a government bill and the thing and it is an inside the age the fact that it participated. Imagining, the vegetable which it spreads out accident, from that place it sees the place member of parliament. You will be wrong assuredly with the individual and because you do not see, in order to commit stealing the what kind of sees and that it stops observatioing which is minute only it spreads out, in the shop where it enters and it adopts! When it spreads out the shop it floats and me, it talks to the police who spreads out, it resists but? It believes your demand to respect? It sees, the local paper which it spreads out it calls, but, them talk to you because their owner is the member of parliament friend, regarding the person it is what it is a series which prints badly.

English -> traditional Chinese -> Korean -> French -> Greek:
Majority that we vote in a tariff of government and the thing and are a interior the age the make that it has participated. Fantame'nos, the vegetable that it extends the accident, this placement sees the member of Parliament of placement. You will have tort undeniably with the individual and because you do not see, touch naming the flight of quel type it sees and what stops observatioing is minute only that it extends, in in the shop that it imports and adopts! When it extends the shop that floats and is that, this speaks to the police that extends, does this resist but? It considers your demand in order to it respects? Sees, the local newspaper that he removes abroad calls, but, these the maintainance in you because their householder is the member of Parliament the friend, with regard to the person is that the one that is a line that it prints bad.

It seems that if we only use one language, Babelfish performs pretty well.

Simplified Chinese: Looks like if we only use a language, the Babelfish execution is quite very good.

Traditional Chinese: Looks like if we only use a language, the Babelfish execution is quite very good.

Dutch: It seems that if we use only one language Babelfish perform free well.

French: It seems that if we are useful ourselves only of one a language, Babelfish carries out the pretty well.

German: It seems that, if we use only one language Babelfish accomplishes pretty well.

Greek: It seems that if we only use one language, Babelfish performs pretty well. <--O.O That can't be right...

Italian: It seems that if we use only a language, Babelfish carries out the graceful sink.

Japanese: If as for that we use one language, simply, Babelfish seems the way in doing rather well.

Korean: When we use 1 language only, the Babelfish is visible that it executes very well.

Portugese: It seems that if we only to use a language, Babelfish we execute the pretty well.

Russian: It seems that if we is only utilized one language, then Babelfish is carried out dear good.

Spanish: It looks like that if we used only one language, Babelfish makes the pretty well.

here is some engrish I will translate with babel fish

english>japanese>english
I babelfish is engrish which is translated here

lets laugh like the morning sun

english>korean>english
It makes a solar laugh morning

english>japanese>english
The laughing like the sun of morning is permitted

original text
american idiot
english yo greek to french to german to english

don't want ton american idiot one nation control LED by the media information age OF hysteria it's going out on ton idiot America

Don't lie about your results. That text, put through those translations, gives this:

sot American

same again
english to german to french to dutch to english
original
don't want to be an american idiot
you know the rest...
this was the result

no American people of idiots wants a being which by information of means the age of hysteria is oriented which him expires to idiots America

You know, the actual result of that phrase going through those languages is funnier.

"no idiot wants be American"

Original Message (From the lyrics of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. This should be fun):

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies,
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers,
That grow so incredibly high.
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
Waiting to take you away.
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds,
And you're gone.

English -> German -> French -> Spanish -> Korean -> Japanese -> English.

When that and displaying in the river of the form of Tangerinebaeumen, if those are closed in the sky of the boat and in the eye of movement panorama, your your answering becomes silent, the song of the girl and the difficult troop of A it is slow, that you refer to. As for that you balance the smile which the bridge of good thing went and eats thing that you catch that the importance is the search which happens and the sun yellow, as the eye of the girl of ecological volition Zellophanblumen, possibility Ubs inside inside each one it believes the edge of that person of that that the bottom and inside it follows to that Eibischtorten as I, remain after the flower shown the skin because of solid me, it happens. It appears very clearly of the cloud with respect to your of of danger of the accessory of posteriora in the newspaper of the taxi bank, ignition and desire it enters, the girl it has that sun in the principal investigation which expands and.ecologist, rises goes, the eye and that the bridge that being good to that it continues so very on how means with rear of the flower which rises taking the balance of the people and the horse, of Eibischtorten the bottom and in each one smile eat in him. As for the newspaper of the taxi as for the ignition coming out and desire you it participates because on the part of posteriora where your head cloud has been attached and it to be in order to remove you, in the bank.

And as if the song weren't abstract enough...XD

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." - V's introductory speech in V for Vendetta (movie)

English -> Spanish -> French -> German -> English

"there! In the conception a veteran forms modest vaudevillian vicariously as victim and a bandit by the cases of change of, but. This face, a simple plate vanidad it is not remnants disappeared populi that empties voice, like once now that vital voice that venerates of the probability, which maintain, what it vilified once. However this inspection valorous wished one annoyance past, carriers vivificó and to defeat this which is available and violent violentement vanguarding the Tierchen and vouchsafing the viceful and gefraessige infringement volición. The judgement alone is revenge; a Vendetta continuously as a Votiv not in unnecessary, because the value and the truthfulness justify this one day the attendant and, which is virtueful. Verily, this vichyssoise of the word gush transferred the most laborious regarding an introduction and thus is very good my honour to satisfy it and you can call me V."

I wonder what gefraessige means...

Original text
The mythical dragon breathes a mighty jet of scorching hot flame at the innocent village straining it's ears hoping to hear their screams as they burn into nothing but black ash

English-->Dutch-->French-->Italian-->English

English to Dutch
De mythische draak ademt een machtige straal van het schroeien van hete vlam bij het onschuldige dorp dat het is oren hopend om hun schreeuwen spant te horen aangezien zij in niets dan zwarte as branden

Dutch to French
Le dragon mythique respire un rayon puissant roussir la flamme brûlante au onschuldige le village qui ce sont les oreilles pour leurs cris espérant tend entendre étant donné qu'ils ne brûlent rien dans alors noire cendre.

French to Italian
Il drago mitico respira un raggio potente roussir la fiamma bollente onschuldige al villaggio che sono gli orecchi per i loro grida che sperano tende intendere dato che non bruciano nulla in cenere allora nera

Italian to English
I dredge mythical breathes a powerful beam roussir the hot flame onschuldige to the village that is the ears for theirs grida that they hope stretches to mean since they do not burn null in then black ash.

Original Text:
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
English->Portuguese->French->German->French->Greek->English
Garbled Text:
And main spake, proverb, takes distant "shalterste miles in the bolts holy. Then it measures miles shalt s three. Also. Small this. The Shalt of three is shaltzaehlung miles of number, and the number of account will be three. A account of four shalt miles neither, neither one or other of two miles of account with the exception of proseguem these of miles then s three are five for abroad gerad. A time in a number the three third numbers reach that is to say nutshell in the desuivre holy thy in hand plus lobbest miles of Antioch for thy that only are naughty in in the opinion my, snuff A foe."
It never ceases to amaze me.

Originial
Sigh, this is just going to continue because your ego is so much bigger than you (and thats saying something). The names do make sense (you'll see one case of this soon...trust me), but I'm not going to continually repeat myself to try and convince you. I don't care what you think really, I have sooo many better things to do.

These names are also how the names are spelt in the game so they are accurate...we didn't just pull them out of our arse or by listening to them being said did we?

Oh, and I don't berate others...only you. You have a strange ability to get under my skin. The others including nYoo, Dogasu and so forth, can actually make a point using their knowledge...you cannot, you're basing it on semi-complete knowledge you have gained upon the way so I do respect them a lot more than you, and I do take what they say to heart...but they also know that the names aren't WRONG as you put it (except nYoo but :p), just not the official names and so when theres names which stay the same, there are issues but big deal...I have seen the official names not be right so enought times for it to give me reason not to use them.

Plus, anyone with a good knowledge of English can spell words from how they are pronounced...and you must say toboggan incredibly strangely if you'ld put it as toe first...but then again you're American and you're using the butchered excuse for English that all Americans use so *shrug*

Anyway, as I have better things to do, I won't post here again and have the same arguement that has been going for ages just because you lack the actual knowledge...so I bid you adeiu my friend
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
English->French->German->English

The sigh, this is, to just go continuing because their me are so much larger than you (and thats, the something indicates). The names cover themselves (you see a case of this soon... me making to confidence), but I will not continuing repeat themselves, in order to condemn and convince you. I am not worried, which you really think to make I sooo many better things have. These names are likewise like the names like that in the play orthographically correctly written them are precisely... we not simply pulled them outside of our soil, or by hearing them us are said? Ah and me does not only réprimandent from others... It. They have a strange capacity to receive under my skin. The others, which cover nYoo, Dogasu and and so on, can really make a remark, by using their knowledge... that you cannot, you it are based on the knowledge of semi final complete you won on the kind in such a way I it respect many more than you, and I take, which they say to the heart..., but they know likewise that the names are not WRONG, while you place it (excluded nYoo, but das:p), just do not call the official, and like that, if the theresnamen the same thing remains there exits are, but the affair... I saw the official names to use itself not its not it. More can write everyone orthographically correctly with a good knowledge of the English words of the way, how they are expressed... and you must the toboggan unbelievably say étrangement, if you ' ld it placed as toe first..., but from the other side you are American, and you use yourselves the apology, which was sent to the butcher's shop for the English, which was also the whole use of Americans like that * gesticulez * as, because I have to make better things, I communicate not yet here and the same arguement, which just went for age, because you are missing in such a way from the real knowledge... I offer Them adeiu mean friend

The Beatles inspired me for these lyrics:

In a town where I was born, there lived a man who sailed the sea.
He told us of his life in the land of submarines.
We all live in a yellow submarine,a yellow submarine,a yellow submarine
We all live in a yellow submarine,a yellow submarine,a yellow submarine

Eng-->German-->Eng
In A town where I which fount, there lived A one who sailed the sea. He told US OF his life into the country OF submarines. Incoming goods all live in A yellow submarine, A yellow submarine, A yellow submarine incoming goods all live in A yellow submarine, A yellow submarine, A yellow submarines

Eng-->I cant remember what-->Russian-->Eng
In the city where I have been born the person, ??????? lived by means of the sea there.
He said to us his lives in the area of the submarines to us.
We live in the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine
We live in the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine
Wish I knew what "????????" means
(Wont even allow it on Bulbagarden)
:():

And Finally that plus another hour or so and 30-Something translations later

Crossed in the infected centre of the city, which was the person, who he was a source, sea, which works there. Ela of whine the drum of you that near strengths in the area or the submarines of the degree lived. Goods, which live, in order the submarine vergilben, the yellow submarines, goods, which more onderwater of the yolk of the phase to vergilben the submarine to the middle in the yellow submarines in yellow submarines enters

Or
Cruzado in I center from infectado the city, that was the person, who was a source, the sea, which functions there. It that the drum is vocês gimoteo, that in the proximity of the forces in the range or in the degree of the submarine lived it. It sells this in tension, which resolution, which the submarine it vergilben which sells submarine yellow, that more vergilben at more onderwater from the steel-pipe of the chicken of the egg of the phase the central submarine in the submarine of the yellow with the submarine yellow in means

English:

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them all is my best quest, to train them is my goal. I will travel across the land, searching far and wide. Each Pokémon to understand the power that's inside. It's you and me, I know it's our destiny. Oh, you're my best friend in a world we must defend! A heart so true, our courage will pull us through. You teach me and I'll teach you. Got to catch them all!

To Japanese and back to English:

I everyone's thing way where it is am best, want. The fact that those are caught entirely in order to train those the search where I am best, is my purpose which is. I travel directly and crossing the land which is searched widely. Each Pokémon which understands the power which is in. That is, that being our destinies I and me have known. Well, we must protect, it is my close friend of the world! The true center so our courage we are pulled. I teaching me the doctrine. The fact that those are caught entirely was obtained!
Kooky.

Following Little Brother's last post...

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm unbeatable!

Walking down this endless highway
Nothin' but my friends beside me
Never give in, we'll never rest
Advanced Battle is the ultimate test for me
The earth, the land, the sea, and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm unbeatable!
Pokémon... Advanced Battle!
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm undefeatable!

From the stars and the ancient past
They've come to play, but they'll never last

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm unbeatable!
Pokémon... Advanced Battle!
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
I'm undefeatable!

Oh! Oh! Oh!
Advanced Battle!
I'm unbeatable!
Pokémon!

English -> Italian -> French -> English

OH OH OH OH OH OH sound system unbeatable! While not walking in bottom this major road infinite Nothin ' but my friends at the side of me never give in, we will never rest the advanced battle are the last test for me the ground, the ground, the sea and the sky which can never not overcome, but sure test of lathed OH OH OH OH OH OH is unbeatable! Pokémon... It fights Avancée! OH OH OH OH OH OH sound system undefeatable! Stars and old past I came to play, but they will never last OH OH OH OH OH OH are unbeatable! Pokémon... It fights Avancée! OH OH OH OH OH OH sound system undefeatable! OH! OH! OH! It fights Avancée! They are unbeatable! Pokémon!

"Sound system unbeatable..." :)

Original:
I like Cheese. Especially cheddar. I hear that cheddar is a place in England. I bet the cheese there is good.

English to Chinese and back:
I like the cheese. Specially cuts reaches the cheese. I hear that am a town in England. I make a bet cheese there am good.

Well she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina,
She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize,
She'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China,
Tell me where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

English to Spanish to French to Greek to English

Is the shaft what it makes illegally round the world kiev carolina filcher, pegajoso-sticky-fingered Berlin to under belize, will be reported for a perpa'tima in argon boat in China, did say where in in the world is Ka'rmen Sandiego?

I forgot about this thread...

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she. . . .
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars
As daylight doth a lamp; her eye in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
- from Romeo and Juliet

English -> Chinese-traditional -> English -> Chinese-simplified -> English -> Japanese -> English

But it is soft, is the side window pass of the what kind of light being broken eye?
This is the eastern item, Juliet is the sun.
As for her raise in salary murder and the fair sun, you envy and/or unsound state and the earth laid which already considerably are thin straw raincoat thou, her maid, art you compare month, sadly.
Her cheek the food shame which makes the bright canned goods you take these star operations simply in the doth lamp of daytime; Her eye the inlet of the area which it can meet with Catholicism it is very bright, it ventilates, what as for the bird it can sing, of that thinks is not the night.

Where did the Catholicism and canned goods (were there even canned goods in Shakespeare's time?) come from? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom