• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Best Wishes 2 (U) Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...Wha? Why is there a "season 2" when Best Wishes already has had two seasons?

Because seasons have only existed in the dub up until now. For Japan Best Wishes has just been one season.

And holy crap I haven't been this excited about the anime since Rocket/Plasma. Hikari/Potchama, Sakaki FINALLY returns, Shirona, Champion League... FUCK YEAH.

Looks like I may be right. Ash might finally win a league and enter the Champion league after all. I amaze myself sometimes.

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. I also seem to recall that you firmly believed that BW2 wouldn't have much of an impact on the anime beyond whatever they do with Team Plasma in those games. There was also that same belief that Ash would get up to Cynthia in DP. Since they already are promoting this tournament appearing in the anime, it could mean that Ash is participating in it before the regular Unova League. I actually wouldn't mind that considering it would give his Unova Pokemon some much needed battle screentime/development before going into the League. I honestly wouldn't want Ash to win the Unova League due to the skills he's shown in BW.

Anyway, this was pretty unexpected news. I knew that the anime would be affected by the games, but I wasn't expecting all of these characters appearing. To be perfectly honest, the glare on the scan made me think that they did replace Iris with Dawn, despite how that wouldn't make much sense, until I noticed Axew and Emolga. I guess they want to promote Piplup again now that they're bringing back older Pokemon, so they brought back Dawn as well. I'm perfectly okay with that. It was a nice surprise to see that she's returning, even though it will only be for a few episodes. Since she'll most likely be participating in a Contest, that does give me more hope that Contests could return in the next series. Cynthia appearing isn't as much of a shock due to the leaks on CoroCoro. I didn't notice Giovanni hovering in the background. Hopefully, his return will make Team Rocket's appearances more interesting, although I'd prefer to just have their personalities back.

Cynthia, Giovanni, and.....wait huh, Dawn!?!? Woah. Didn't see that coming. So much for alternate realities. O.O....then why the heck did they mess up Ash if this is a continuation from DP? This makes no sense really. I wonder if it'll just be special episode and not mention or involve Ash whatsoever, thereby not messing up the already messed up continuity....

Considering Best Wishes got kinda dull lately, its funny how this news makes me think they can still turn it around.

Holy crap! Just saw the scans on 2ch... This is so unexpected but some how, those kami look better in their anime artwork :D

So, no league?

Shirona, Hikari, Jalorda, Daikenki, Enbuoh... OH MY!

Its clearly stated BW2 will also include the 8th Gym and Unova league, which obviously won't be done in time when the games come out.

Surprised no one mentioned the Altaria on the upper right.

Also, it may just be my eyes deceiving me, but:

Is that a Vanilliuxe hidden by the white shadow, above Emolga, on Dragonite's wing? Probably not (looks too small, too), but I swear I see something there.

Its possible the Altaria and/or Pellipper is Dawn's.

She WAS traveling in Hoenn after all. It wouldn't be surprising if she came back with some Hoenn captures.

Well they kind of had too, seeing as how BW apparently wasn't living up to expectations. They finally sat down and said "ok we need something big to happen to wrap up gen 5 properly". I like it, they're starting to think big in a classic way. Hopefully it'll be one step forward in doing more past gen references by the time gen 6 rolls around (ahem hinthint*, Misty and Brock please :D).

Its clearly stated BW2 will also include the 8th Gym and Unova league,

The scan says nothing of the sort. It probably will, but it's by no means a fact.

Well Serebii seemed to find it somewhere.

Either way its kinda common sense. This new saga starts June 21st and Ash is just getting the 7th badge this week, and we know of a few upcoming titles taking us through next month already up to BW84.

I would fully expect them to finish the 8th Gym and league before moving onto something new.

So... anyone else noticed that Dragonite looks similar to the one from Great Bowls of Fire? Just throwing it out there :p Maybe it and Axew get in an Outrage battle?

To add on, the way it exited the episode made me feel like it wouldn't be the last time we saw it. And to appear again after all this time would be... wow. Just cool.

Last edited:
Well, there's still hope for this series yet then!

If the Kami trio's new formes are going to be shown off in BW2, does that mean TR is going to hatch another contrived plan to try to catch them again? :rolleyes:

So... anyone else noticed that Dragonite looks similar to the one from Great Bowls of Fire? Just throwing it out there :p Maybe it and Axew get in an Outrage battle?

Which makes me think its Lance's. He and Claire said they trained together, right? That was one of the few good episodes from the tedious Johto arc.

I actually hope we see confirmation of Lance reappearing soon.

Oh my :D I am pleased. I really hope that the Eevee and Riolu belong to Ash since he never got his chance in DP :D. Also, I hope that there will be a huge re-appearance of Volkner! Do so writers and I will be VERY happy.

May I remind everyone of this poster for Best Wishes? Just because a Pokemon is present on a poster, that doesn't guarantee its appearance in the anime related to a main character. I suspect the majority of the Pokemon there are just for promotional purposes.

May I remind everyone of this poster for Best Wishes? Just because a Pokemon is present on a poster, that doesn't guarantee its appearance in the anime related to a main character. I suspect the majority of the Pokemon there are just for promotional purposes.

True, but those were all new pokemon at the time. Looking at this poster, what kind of promotional value does a Combee have? Its such an unpopular pokemon.

Pelipper is really random too. A Hoenn seagull flying in the air? I can sort of understand the others, but those two are odd.

True, but those were all new pokemon at the time. Looking at this poster, what kind of promotional value does a Combee have? Its such an unpopular pokemon.

Pelipper is really random too. A Hoenn seagull flying in the air? I can sort of understand the others, but those two are odd.

To show off the fact that there are plenty of old Pokemon returning. All of the new B2W2 information has been hyping up the return of old Pokemon, now matter how mundane they have been.

To show off the fact that there are plenty of old Pokemon returning. All of the new B2W2 information has been hyping up the return of old Pokemon, now matter how mundane they have been.

Ah yes, the fantastic return of Combee. How I've waited for its return since that one awful filler it got in early Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom