• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

best wishes if earthquake had not happened?

pokefan2000

Reaction score
this thread is proabably gonna be locked almost before the days out but i want to ask anyway what do you think best wishes status with fans would be if their had been no earthquake?

the tr vs tp speical is aired and the fishing episodes in not changed do you think the other episodes would be any different or still the same for better or worse?

the show seem to be doing pretty well for the first 22 episodes then juudging by some of the comments i read on various reviews threads things began to fall apart.

Honestly? I don't think much would have changed. Satoshi would still have his list of undeveloped captures, we'd still have TR not being in some episodes and the poor battles.

With the Fishing episode being so easily slotted in as BW37(?) with a couple of different narrator lines and changed to a one-off location, I think that shows that things wouldn't really be all that different.

Considering how we haven't seen TP at all and have seen very little of TR since those episodes should have aired, I'd be very disappointed if they did air originally, because we'd be 30 episodes along without any mention of things again. I hope they hold off on the episodes, rework them into a real long term storyline to give TR a purpose and to finally turn the TP plot in to something resembling the games. I can't think of any decent plot those episodes could have had that would wrap up in two episodes and leave no impact beyond changing the colour of the TR uniform.

The vast majority of episodes we've had up until recently were likely completed or well into production during the time of the earthquake anyway, so I find it difficult to believe that the catastrophe has resulted in any heavy changes to what we've seen throughout most of the year. Chances are things would have probably played out the same whether those episodes aired or not.

Honestly, I`m not so sure I agree with you three. Yes, they probably DID have the other 30 episodes slotted the same way, but how do we know that they don't have episodes shelved that we haven't heard of? Perhaps there were some episodes slotted in between all of these stupid fillers that got shafted because of the earthquake-interrupted special not airing.

Granted, it would be stupid to cancel them, but so far, the writers have yet to show any sort of competence anyway. I think if the earthquake hadn't happened *or they re-aired it at a future date, rather than canceling it altogether like the little pansies they are* we'd at least have the satisfaction of knowing that yes, Team Plasma IS in Unova and yes, they ARE going to try and screw everyone over. Would that make BW better and more tolerable? Not necessarily because there is still NO character development except for Osha-fail.

If they had aired it, at least there would be a little bit more in terms of plot aside from "GET ALL TEH BADGES! 8D". As it stands, it's Johto all over again, and I dunno about you guys, but I can't take repetition of plotlessness.

Those two episodes would have played and the third one wouldn't have been pushed back 4 months.

No different otherwise.

That's probably true. We still would've gotten this same string of eps, and it would make the TR vs TP thing seem rather strange, but then again, we don't know entirely what those two eps would've been. The only thing that would've changed is that if they still plan on TP appearing, then those two eps would've made it less infuriating. As it is, though, this is the longest we've gone without the game antagonists appearing. I'd hate to say that it's been too long for it to matter even if they DID appear, since it would cheese us off regardless. I'm still giving them a chance to pull it off if they can. At least in it's place, TR is more interesting.

Catilena1890 said:
Granted, it would be stupid to cancel them, but so far, the writers have yet to show any sort of competence anyway. I think if the earthquake hadn't happened *or they re-aired it at a future date, rather than canceling it altogether like the little pansies they are*

You're right, the writers are incompetent pansies for paying respect to the 30,000+ people who died back in March! Fuck those guys!!

Granted, it would be stupid to cancel them, but so far, the writers have yet to show any sort of competence anyway. I think if the earthquake hadn't happened *or they re-aired it at a future date, rather than canceling it altogether like the little pansies they are* we'd at least have the satisfaction of knowing that yes, Team Plasma IS in Unova and yes, they ARE going to try and screw everyone over. Would that make BW better and more tolerable? Not necessarily because there is still NO character development except for Osha-fail.

If they had aired it, at least there would be a little bit more in terms of plot aside from "GET ALL TEH BADGES! 8D". As it stands, it's Johto all over again, and I dunno about you guys, but I can't take repetition of plotlessness.
Seems a bit harsh don't you think? I mean the writers only delayed it because it would be a bit hurtful for kids to watch Hiun City being obligated, when the same thing may have happened to there own city by the Earthquake as well as floods. It's kinda like how things were censored for 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina. It's just to be sensitive, ya know? Like how 4kids renamed, "A Scare in the Air!" "Spirits in the Sky". It's just being sensitive to the situation.

Honestly guys, this thread is more a hypothetical on the Best Wishes series and not why the episodes didn't air. We all know why they didn't, so let's just move on.

There is being sensitive, and then there is being paranoid. The initial pulling of the episode I was perfectly fine with. I don't blame them for postponing it, but it contains a key-point that would have added more to the anime, so it should NOT have been cancelled indefinitely.

I`m not saying the earthquake wasn't seriously bad, and I`m not saying it wasn't a tragedy. I`m sorry if it came off as such. I`m just saying, it's been a few months now, we have had NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of team plasma, and as a result it is hurting the anime.

I`m sorry I came off harsh. I am glad that they did NOT air it when the earthquake happened if there was such a horrible scene in it. But when crap happens, you need to move on, and we are well past the grieving period. My only fear and point is that Team Plasma is looking like they will be penalized in the same way that the Porygon family was, and we will NEVER see them because of the earthquake, making Team Rocket the regional bad guy for BW.

EDIT: Sorry Taiki. I didn't mean to make people go off-topic.

I can understand why they'd skip the episodes since their airings would've been very poor timing and too soon but I don't get the retcons. They said that they'd air the episode at a later date, implying no such retcons whatsoever, and it's not like they can't just say that the two parter takes place before Ash's third Gym Battle in the cold opening(s).

A better idea would've been to stop the Anime for two or three weeks so the Animators could edit the quaking scenes so no such scenes could be shown and they could resume airing the show when edits were done. At least, I hope they could have. A tiny hiatus wouldn't have hurt anyone. More likely, it'd make things better.

If the Earthquake didn't happen, we would've gotten the episodes but the same stories we got after the third gym battle. This is why I hate how the TRio take the place of the Evil Teams when the Evil Teams could be expanded on more in the Anime, maybe make a full-fledged plotline and not just occasional appearances.

My guess is that there would be alot more talk of Team Plasma. Right now they're still in limbo. Also, the whole Meteonite plot would have been wrapped up, but that's in limbo as well.

Otherwise there probably aren't THAT many differences.

Given that the episodes we're seeing now were planned/finished already by the time the earthquake happened, probably not much besides the two missing episodes airing as planned and the fishing episode airing in its original slot. After they hit the end of the already finished episodes, though, they might well make some changes to what comes after. (How far in advance do they work, anyway?)

If it had aired, I think we'd all still be wondering why Team Plasma hadn't returned yet or where Giovanni was.

At LEAST Team Plasma would've appeared.

True, but it would have still been like 30 episodes between then and their next appearance.

I wonder, what was the second planned Team Plasma episode if the first ones aired? Surely their second appearance was probably scripted before they knew the first one was skipped.

True, but it would have still been like 30 episodes between then and their next appearance.

I wonder, what was the second planned Team Plasma episode if the first ones aired? Surely their second appearance was probably scripted before they knew the first one was skipped.

My guess is that it's probably N's appearance. Ever since the earthquake, they just arrived in Nimbasa, so why not the Ferris Wheel event?

It takes the producers roughly six months, start to finish, to complete an episode of this TV series. It's now been almost seven months since the disaster, so any episode that's premiered after September 11th-ish wouldn't have had any work started on it until after the episodes were skipped.

The first post-earthquake / tsunami episodes were the Battle Subway two-parter.

So, like others have said, the 30 or so episodes between March and September were started on before anyone knew anything about the earthquake and tsunami. Since none of those episodes have featured the Plasma-Dan, I think the gap we currently have between appearances would have happened regardless. I don't think anything would really be different if that Rocket / Plasma two-parter had aired as scheduled.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom