• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

best wishes if earthquake had not happened?

But it makes you wonder if the second planned Team Plasma eps wound up being pushed back that we don't know about. Its not like anyone talks about the villains in the ep right after they leave anyway.

But remember, Diamond & Pearl had large gaps between its evil team appearances as well, and that was without any horrible disaster pushing anything back. The Ginga-Dan's first appearance was in DP 036, their first "official" appearance was in DP 069, and their next one wasl DP 096 - DP 097.

The writers of this show just don't like having the region's evil teams appearing that often, for whatever reason.

Nothing really except that the Team Plasma Vs. Team Rocket 2 parter would have been aired.

Honestly, I`m not so sure I agree with you three. Yes, they probably DID have the other 30 episodes slotted the same way, but how do we know that they don't have episodes shelved that we haven't heard of? Perhaps there were some episodes slotted in between all of these stupid fillers that got shafted because of the earthquake-interrupted special not airing.

There might be at least one other episode... Or maybe some episode aired later than it was supposed to and we just never knew it was supposed to air earlier. But I can't really say much more beyond that, and we'll probably never know. It could be a scenario like that Cilan fishing episode being delayed, or something like that episode being gone entirely, I mean. Not necessarily a minor Plasma episode.

What happened is basically the same thing that happened to the series when the GS Ball plot was dropped, the writers had no idea what direction to take the series, and simply resorted to filler with no definite plot direction at all, hence why the Johto saga is hated so much and filled to the brim with filler. Had the Team Plasma episodes aired, we would have had a more definite direction in plot then what is currently happening in the series.

The only question is: Will Team Plasma (and possibly N) ever make an appearance in the anime, or are they up there with Porygon and forbidden from ever being used in the anime at all? You be the judge!

Best Wishes is brave. Sacrifing what would have been 2 very amazing episodes for us to enjoy but have been delayed for the feelings of others. We'll get the episodes in due time. An earthquake has a huge long lasting effect on people. They won't forget it or continue living normally in a mere 6 months. Anybody complaining for these episodes to air quickly should be ashamed of theirselves. "Um, okay the earthquake's over, GIVE ME MY EPISODES, I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW JAPAN IS DOING NOW!". Heartless. They shouldn't have aired the preview for the 2 episodes but they didn't know an earthquake was going to happen and it's normal for them to build hype for their viewers. They will be aired, no worries. Enjoy the episodes that are being aired now and forget about it. Who knows? Maybe in another 6 months they will find the perfect time to air them.

What happened is basically the same thing that happened to the series when the GS Ball plot was dropped, the writers had no idea what direction to take the series, and simply resorted to filler with no definite plot direction at all, hence why the Johto saga is hated so much and filled to the brim with filler. Had the Team Plasma episodes aired, we would have had a more definite direction in plot then what is currently happening in the series.

...you mean, apart from the last dozen or so posts in this thread explaining how long it takes to make an episode, and that the "filler with no definite plot direction at all", as you call it, was written long before the earthquake? Did you even read the thread?

Nothing in the series would have changed, earthquake or not. Since upcoming episodes will be one of the first produced after the earthquake, does anyone think the writers are creating a a new plot where the postponed Plasma episodes could fit in seamlessly?

There's a gaping hole in the plot where the episodes were originally meant to go, and they way they were promoting them so heavily, everyone knows what was supposed to go in that hole (as opposed to the fishing episode, which was only mentioned in a couple TV guides and nothing more). My guess is that they'll air them as flashback episodes prior to whatever Plasma's next appearance will be.

There's a gaping hole in the plot where the episodes were originally meant to go, and they way they were promoting them so heavily, everyone knows what was supposed to go in that hole (as opposed to the fishing episode, which was only mentioned in a couple TV guides and nothing more). My guess is that they'll air them as flashback episodes prior to whatever Plasma's next appearance will be.

Pretty much like, and forgive me for going off-topic here, next Saturday's premiere episode of Power Rangers Samurai where the Samurai Rangers meet for the first time?

Pretty much like, and forgive me for going off-topic here, next Saturday's premiere episode of Power Rangers Samurai where the Samurai Rangers meet for the first time?

I've seen exactly half an episode of Power Rangers Samurai, so I'm not exactly an expert on that. I do know that the first aired episode adapted Shinkenger episode 3, and felt roughly like it was intended to be PR Samurai episode 3 as well, so... uh, maybe? Hard to answer when I have no clue what that episode is going to be like :p

...you mean, apart from the last dozen or so posts in this thread explaining how long it takes to make an episode, and that the "filler with no definite plot direction at all", as you call it, was written long before the earthquake? Did you even read the thread?

Except that there MIGHT have been an episode we never heard of skipped because of that. Or at least planned, since as Dogasu said, Team Galactic also had huge gaps between appearances.

Honestly, it's hard to tell since Team Plasma might still appear in the series, but as far as the series itself is concerned, these episodes don't exist. If there are any flashbacks to them, they'll exclude Ash and his friends.

Not necessarily, more like when Pokemon premiered in US with SS Anne ep. Except this time we have 18 out of 20 eps instead of one xD

Anime would stay normal. Though i'm wondering that TP VS TR parts 1 and 2 will become the next GS Ball. With pointless fillers. Yay. Still, BW needs to step up its game.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but, um... It's been about 6 months now. I don't think anyone still grieving is going to be watching Pokemon. I feel bad for the Japanese because of the earthquake, but I don't think those still thinking about the earthquake are watching it. I don't. :eek:hdear:

I'm really disappointed that Team Plasma hasn't appeared. So disappointed that, when I looked up the preview for the episode on YouTube, I almost cried because it looked so darn awesome... and we might never see it. I want N to appear so bad!!! If he doesn't... Well, someone is going to have to hear from me. Being totally serious.

And I agree with you, Catilena1890. I don't think you sounded insensitive and I totally understand. It's been way too long for team Plasma NOT to show up!! UGGH! :complain:

When Giovanni walked off the airship to the salute of his hundreds of rocket grunts, I could feel the bossness oozing out of his very being. I was so hype.

So hype... ;_;

It doesn't matter if they had an earthquake or a tornado, if they wanted to write crappy plots in BW then they will do it.

The fact that if at any rate, Team Plasma was able to be removed from the continuity up to this point entirely with virtually no continuity issues shows that compared to what could have been, Plasma's role in the anime could be speculated to have been absolutely minimal at best.

More than ever before, Plasma presented an opportunity for the writers to try something new.

The whole drama with Team Rocket temporarily wearing black uniforms and all the buildup to these two episodes would suggest otherwise, but think about it, the writers already wrote in Jessie and James getting their old uniforms back even though they continued acting the same.

The color change seemed to serve the purpose of juxtaposing Plasma with Rocket and creating a Chess/Go motif for the rivalry between them. Why would they go through the trouble of changing TR's uniforms back AT ONCE after the Plasma episodes were supposed to have aired when they could have just as easily kept them wearing black?

Perhaps they didn't need the black uniforms anymore thematically because Plasma was no longer in play and the while white/black chess gimmick (if it ever existed) wasn't needed anymore.

I really hate to say that, because honestly, the TRio's "special mission" in Unova, their black uniforms, and the promise of a spectacular conflict with Team Plasma was the main thing that made me consider watching the new anime series aside from the coincidental fact that Unova is based on the New York City metropolitan area and I thought it would be neat to watch a Pokémon series loosely based on the IRL region I grew up in.

Now I'm just watching to see how, if ever, they salvage what seem to have possibly been great intentions.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom