• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

Beausoleil and Kaori, may I ask if you know each other RL or live close etc. ?

Distance does not matter as long as there's love!

It's amazing how technology brings people from far-away places closer together.

I know just three, to be honest. And the one (Archaic X Kasumi) actually started before the staff thing.

There's must be some low-key relationships around here then.

Online relationships? I've done that once or twice. I couldn't handle it, though. I need real-life contact with individuals, but I respect those who partake in it.

I know one serious couple who met due to being members here. One of them is a mod, the other isn't. I wont say who because I know they don't like to mention it. It's nice that Bulba brings people together. The only way I would ever date someone from the internet is if they lived fairly close and seeing them reasonably often wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, the situation sucks and I can totally understand why a lot of people wouldn't do it, it's definitely difficult. I wouldn't have even kept it up if a) I didn't think that the person was someone I could feasibly see myself spending my life with or b) I hadn't got along well with them when I met them irl. Jabber's lucky he's a diamond bloke, else I wouldn't bother. :p

Last edited:

I tried that once, it was a train wreck. I decided that I wanted something that was going to be nothing but pleasurable and reliable. I ignored the fact that I already had music and was stupid enough to think that a girl was going to do that. Pfft. I would apologize to music if I could, but music doesn't talk. Thank Christ.

I tried a long-distance relationship, but it didn't last long.

I dont think they're bad, I just think unfortunately a lot of people cant really make them work out well and the distance ends up getting to people, though that also depends on the people in the relationship. I personally dont know if I'd try it again, Id probably be really hesitant to.

I'd be hesitant to get into one again, they are difficult to work as you said. Too many drawbacks for me.

I need for the guy to be around, I can't do online. It is just not me plus I don't really have that trust in someone online compared to face to face.

Back
Top Bottom