• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

I know for sure I will be using:

Alpha Sapphire:
-Sceptile
-Delcatty
-Magcargo
-Sharpedo
-???
-???/??? (rotation)

Omega Ruby:
-Swampert
-Cacturne
-??? (etc)

for the most part, I couldn't care less about starter pokemon, I just use them cause I would feel bad about scrapping them. I sort of like greninja, feraligatr, and serperior tho.

Crobat and Electrode is all that matters.

All that matters.
both of those are cool

but they are not quite the top percentage of cool

Pokemon i'm interested in are Treeko, Mudkip, Ludicolo, Tropius and Slowbro. That said i'll probably largely just play in the moment and catch as I see fit.

My team for the first half of the game:
Swampert
Zigzagoon
Zigzagoon
Zigzagoon
Zigzagoon
Zigzagoon

Pickup farming is so choice in Sapphire. One badge into the game and you can be stocked up on ultra balls and rare candies.

In my Health class today we watched a video that referred to Bill Clinton as our current president. That was at the least 13 years ago. You'd think by now they would make new programs to appeal to us hip kids of the new millennium.

It really does bother me when our passages are old material.

In my Health class today we watched a video that referred to Bill Clinton as our current president. That was at the least 13 years ago. You'd think by now they would make new programs to appeal to us hip kids of the new millennium.

How has the human body changed in the past 13 years?

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5 PLEASE SPOILER TAG ORAS PLOT CHA

For the time being, make sure to
any plot changes, mew Mega Pokémon, new characters or post-story details.

How has the human body changed in the past 13 years?

It hasn't that much, but I still don't enjoy old programming. References to companies are older too, for example it states some well known fast food/ restaurants and paints them as one of the first in the new wave of healthier options. But they haven't changed the tape to match our lifestyles as much, didn't give alternative indoor and such. I think we need more current programming.

I think we need more current programming.

I don't that's too much to ask. In our school, teachers would bring in their own media, i.e recent news reports or other educational programming, because the school provided outdated videos for some classes. Not all classes need up to date stuff, 80s language videos will still be used, but it's much harder to write effectively in a political class when you're taught primarily from outdated course materials.

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5 PLEASE SPOILER TAG ORAS PLOT CHA

Something that is science or math related shouldn't need to be updated. I hate how textbook companies scam students into buying a new edition just because they changed some practice problems or something.

Something that is science or math related shouldn't need to be updated. I hate how textbook companies scam students into buying a new edition just because they changed some practice problems or something.

It's utter profit-making bullshit. They'll change the page order, or reword something a bit differently to justify calling it a new edition.

There are legitimate reasons to update science texts for example the section detailing predation is called something else than what we are tested on. It's mostly just small stuff that isn't the current term in the scientific community but I guess it's a reason.

New Mathematics textbooks are bullshit though.

For the time being, make sure to
any plot changes, mew Mega Pokémon, new characters or post-story details.
Will do

Also mew mega Pokémon? Mega Mew confirmed.

So how has the weather been for everyone? I live in a pretty tropical environment so didn't even drop below freezing point during the day. There were tornados up in Jacksonville which was something that hadn't happened in a while.

There are legitimate reasons to update science texts for example the section detailing predation is called something else than what we are tested on. It's mostly just small stuff that isn't the current term in the scientific community but I guess it's a reason.

I don't think that's worth the cost of a $200 textbook to a student that will probably leave school with thousands in loans.

Last edited:

That is a good point but it's the standard. When it changes, the material has to change, so those working in that field aren't using outdated information.

And I know how expensive and hard to get those books can be, but dealing with printing companies has shown how expensive it is to make these books and there has to be a profit margin.

I don't think that's worth the cost of a $200 textbook to a student that will probably leave school with thounsands in loans.

Well there is also the cost of tuition and the job prospects and earning potential of the degree which also factors in terms of the students amount of debt.

Well going off topic a bit, the tire company that my dad works for was looking for tire builders to make Earth Mover tires and he suggested that i apply. After i applied, i found out that their plant where they are hiring is in Tatsuno, Japan. I did an interview yesterday and got a call a few hours later saying that i was given an offer. but i had no relocation help of any kind in the deal so i had to turn it down.

Just so everyone knows, this embargo on ORAS spoilers will end a little while after Christmas, probably ending as the year does.

I'm still getting nowhere with employment. I'd say the large majority of jobs are in cleaning or caring, nothing that I really want to do.

Back
Top Bottom