• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

At my job the managers think it's a good idea to have 3 cashiers on Friday nights, because hey, there's all those back ups in the departments, it's not like they're actually doing anything.

And this is (partially) why my department has been 2 weeks behind on freight since January.
Every year I say I should look around for another job before the Christmas season starts up
but I always end up sticking around because it's so close by and is flexible with my schooling. >>;

At my job the managers think it's a good idea to have 3 cashiers on Friday nights, because hey, there's all those back ups in the departments, it's not like they're actually doing anything.

And this is (partially) why my department has been 2 weeks behind on freight since January.
Every year I say I should look around for another job before the Christmas season starts up
but I always end up sticking around because it's so close by and is flexible with my schooling. >>;

At my old job my shifts were 5-6 hours. They made me close by myself all the time. Just me for both floors of clothing(straightening it, clearing fitting rooms, assisting customers, etc.) They really liked making me the "do it all" person.

At my old job my shifts were 5-6 hours. They made me close by myself all the time. Just me for both floors of clothing(straightening it, clearing fitting rooms, assisting customers, etc.) They really liked making me the "do it all" person.
Oh god, I was originally supposed to go to our mens department when I first started but ended up cashiering instead. At first I was disappointed, but now I'm so glad because I would hate working with clothing all day. It's a pain trying to stuff a full body snowsuit that's bigger than me into a bag, I'd hate to have to try and stuff all of those on a rack. That and I dislike handling certain fabrics (it's hard to explain, they just don't "feel right.")

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the department looked like at the end of the day in the fourth quarter of the year. That's just for one section of a one floor store too, not two like yours. How long did you stay at that job?

Oh god, I was originally supposed to go to our mens department when I first started but ended up cashiering instead. At first I was disappointed, but now I'm so glad because I would hate working with clothing all day. It's a pain trying to stuff a full body snowsuit that's bigger than me into a bag, I'd hate to have to try and stuff all of those on a rack. That and I dislike handling certain fabrics (it's hard to explain, they just don't "feel right.")

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the department looked like at the end of the day in the fourth quarter of the year. That's just for one section of a one floor store too, not two like yours. How long did you stay at that job?

Around 2 1/2 years. Eventually I just couldnt do it anymore and they just piled on more and more responsibility and kept doing the same stuff all the time, they wouldnt let me switch to cashiering even though I really tried. It started to make me so anxious and miserable all the time and was ruining my life.

I havent gotten a job since even though Ive applied for a ton.

Around 2 1/2 years. Eventually I just couldnt do it anymore and they just piled on more and more responsibility and kept doing the same stuff all the time, they wouldnt let me switch to cashiering even though I really tried. It started to make me so anxious and miserable all the time and was ruining my life.

Tbh I'd rather be in a department than cashier, but that's because at our store they push us to sell warranties and credit cards. It used to just be cashiers (although they still have to deal with that the most), but now they want floor associates to do it too. If we reach our goal by the end of the month (10 for part timers, 20 for full timers), we get to go to a barbeque... when I could just as easily buy stuff for myself I'd like to eat. Before they offered us root beer floats and cookies.

Management's attempts at incentives for this crock is so laughable. Did yours push this stuff on you too?

I hope you find one soon. (Ideally one far less stressful than your previous job.) Are you doing volunteer work now?

Tbh I'd rather be in a department than cashier, but that's because at our store they push us to sell warranties and credit cards. It used to just be cashiers (although they still have to deal with that the most), but now they want floor associates to do it too. If we reach our goal by the end of the month (10 for part timers, 20 for full timers), we get to go to a barbeque... when I could just as easily buy stuff for myself I'd like to eat. Before they offered us root beer floats and cookies.

Management's attempts at incentives for this crock is so laughable. Did yours push this stuff on you too?

I hope you find one soon. (Ideally one far less stressful than your previous job.) Are you doing volunteer work now?

Yeah I am volunteering at an animal shelter and its nice but I want to find a paying job,

Yay jobs chat. But I actually went on vacation to Japan. Flew there on the latest, most advanced airliner: Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

It's a beautiful aircraft. This was taken over Alaska.
View attachment 98279

Even got to check out the cockpit. This is a HUD--it overlays critical information onto the pilot's field of view. Typically used on military fighter jets for targetting and flight data display... very unusual to see this on an airliner. :)
View attachment 98280

Has anyone else gone on any trips lately?

That sounds cool, a vacation to Japan sounds exciting. Thats something Id really like to do someday.

Nope no trips and no plans for one either :/

In a pipe dream, I'd like to visit Guam during the summer. *wink*

If anything, I think that I'd like traveling to more states. Not sure if I'm planning anything after this summer though.

So first of all, I'm quite excited for the new Mystery Dungeon game.

Second, @Kadabra, been a member since 2003 but barely posted and suddenly gracing this thread with the presence of an ancient?

And wow, no posts for a week. Kinda surprised, though I'm never posting anymore so I have no excuse.

Last edited:
I excited for it as well. I've decided not to watch any trailers so I'll be completely thrown off by how great it should be.

Last edited:
PMD 1 & 2 are my favorite Pokemon games, other than maybe Platinum, but I never played Gates to Infinity. I was told that compared to the first two games it's absolutely awful. I'd give it a try though, except for that whole thing where only 144 Pokemon are in it, and that it's extremely short compared to the others.

I just personally wonder if this thread will ever somehow get to the limits of the forum software. We have slightly over five thousand posts right now.

Also, hi, everyone! Sometimes I wish I could find something a bit more focused here to talk about. General "chat" thingies tend to make me fee bored easily.

Kira's not a lizard,Cosima... she's a monkey.

Heyya Twiggy!

I doubt it'll ever reach that point.
Yay jobs chat. But I actually went on vacation to Japan. Flew there on the latest, most advanced airliner: Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

It's a beautiful aircraft. This was taken over Alaska.
View attachment 98279

Even got to check out the cockpit. This is a HUD--it overlays critical information onto the pilot's field of view. Typically used on military fighter jets for targetting and flight data display... very unusual to see this on an airliner. :)
View attachment 98280

Has anyone else gone on any trips lately?
What a beautiful shot. :eek: The snow looks so lovely (since I don't have to drive through it.)
What did you all do on your trip?

I might be going to Florida to visit a friend next month, depending on what her living situation is. I've never been there, so I hope everything works out so I can see some sights and spend time with her. It's been about two years since we've seen each other in person.

In a pipe dream, I'd like to visit Guam during the summer. *wink*

If anything, I think that I'd like traveling to more states. Not sure if I'm planning anything after this summer though.
Same, I've only ever been to Illinois and Nevada.

PMD 1 & 2 are my favorite Pokemon games, other than maybe Platinum, but I never played Gates to Infinity. I was told that compared to the first two games it's absolutely awful. I'd give it a try though, except for that whole thing where only 144 Pokemon are in it, and that it's extremely short compared to the others.
I didn't really get into the first set of games, but I've always heard the second with Grovyle are great. A pity GoI didn't live up to it for fans of the series. Here's hoping SMD is a return to form.

What I would give for an extended Colosseum remake. @o@ Or a new game in Orre altogether, whichever.

Re: Kira's not a lizard,Cosima... she's a monkey.

Same, I've only ever been to Illinois and Nevada.[/QUOTE]

Wait.... where in Illinois? And do you live in IL or NV?

AND WHY DID THE TITLE CHANGE?

(・∀・)つ⑩

Wait.... where in Illinois? And do you live in IL or NV?

AND WHY DID THE TITLE CHANGE?
Sorry, I meant besides my home state of Wisconsin I've only ever been to those two. And for Illinois it was to go to Chicago, Six Flags, and to pick up some kittens.

Just 'cause, haha. Anyone can change the title of their posts, at least when accessing the forums on a computer. Not sure if it's possible on the mobile version or via tapatalk.

You Can Change it Via Phone.

I've been to Mexico, California, Arizona, and Colorado, oh and I live in New Mexico.

Also my appeal for a dropped class was denied. They must of though I was dumb for not paying.

Re: (・∀・)つ⑩

Sorry, I meant besides my home state of Wisconsin I've only ever been to those two. And for Illinois it was to go to Chicago, Six Flags, and to pick up some kittens.

Ohhhh, ok. Because I live 45 minutes west of downtown Chicago.

Let's see... for countries I've been to England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Japan.
For states....... uhhhh. Wow. Leggo:

Washington, Louisiana, Texas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana... possibly South Carolina, but I would have been really young.

Back
Top Bottom