• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stare at my shadow for a moment, before the wispy form emerges from the ground all of a sudden, revealing itself as the Darkrai from before. Without warning, Darkrai shoots out several more Dark Void attacks. Dhelmise and Xurkitree each get hit by one of the black and violet orbs, collapsing as they succumb to sleep. "Look out!" Max shouts as he dashes to me and pulls me away from a ball coming my way.
"Thanks..." I say, a bit stunned. "That was fast." I pull a Pokéball out of my pocket. "This battle isn't gonna be an easy one, Primarina. Go!!" I pop open the capsule only for nothing to come out. "Uh-oh..."
"Got you covered," Commander Snow Austen calls as he sends out an Alolan Ninetales. "Use Dazzling Gleam!"

Last edited:
"Lucario, help us out!" Max called, as he opened another Pokeball, sending out the Aura Pokemon. "Use Aura Sphere!"
"Yes, sir!"
Lucario forms an Aura Sphere and fires it towards Darkrai, at the same time as Snow's Ninetales uses Dazzling Gleam.

After a few matches, the four trainers relaxed a bit in the night. "So, you think that Naya girl's gonna be alright, Eden?" asked Ariel, "I'm sure she's alright! She's a talented trainer, I can tell from her performance at the tourney. She'll be back without any harm for sure!" Eden replied in an optimistic tone.

---

As the group of four small Pokemon venture on through the decrepit den of metal and indescribable molds, the air emanating around the cavern grew muskier and thick. The area was still cold, but this section was growing warmer as the path slowly narrows. This isn't helped by how the teeth-like molds were increasingly misshapen, sharp and yellow and how the moss seemed to grow slightly thornier and eerily mobile; it wasn't moving per se, but the bulging waves that occurred just every now and then grew more spread-out and quick, like vessels. And it certainly didn't help how the pulsing brain-like tumors that were initially just on the roof of the cavern is slowly spreading to the walls and reaching to the ground. And unlike the cephalopod-like eyes from before, appendages; that which can only be described as a freakish cross between a tongue seen from a reptile and a tentacle of sorts, sprout out from the brain-like bulges that were now spreading to the walls and to the floor. These strange extensions wrap around those it touches for a short while, covering the target in a sticky, color-changing liquid for a short while, before retreating. Again, no apparent effects were there, but its still such a disquieting, emetic feeling and sight that the group almost always went out of their way to inch away from the bulges. Rough panting, one usually attributed to an animal, can also be barely heard from the bulges, which made their nature more implicitly horrific than ever. "Gi-gi-gihh..... This place is so nasty..." muttered Sorbita. "Bli-hi-hi, oh, Sorbita, you sure are as cumbersome as the pickiest customer in a waiting line." replied Aolanak, "Besides, its actually quite relaxing, like a spa for sleepy sloths who slack senselessly, compared to those wriggly little things from before." "N-n-not those.... Please don't remind me of t-those...." whimpered Sorbita, "T-t-those are far worse than seeing our M-M-Mistress mad......" "Just focus on the operation like a prideful watchman in an armed fortress with blazing cannons, and you'll surely walk over your parasitic fears, lad. Bli-hi-hi~"

"I'm still pretty good, I guess...", Snow mumbled as his Alolan Ninetales shot a Dazzling Gleam at the Darkrai. "Speaking of pretty good trainers... does anyone of you know Blaze Austen, my brother? He's a pretty renowned Fire-type trainer, and we're some sort of rivals based on type. Also, I feel like this Darkrai seems fishy, as if this one has power that is almost impossible to reach on a normal Darkrai... Black Mareep researches taught me about the normal limits of Pokemon power.", he continued.

"Wow, crazy matches. I didn't know that you people are very skilled! We look like that we are on the same level...", I comment after a few matches of chaotic moments and close calls. "Naya should be fine...", I also said, but for some reason I blushed for a bit on that line... Nevermind, I'm just going to stay relaxed, not minding the danger of Mr. Ozwald.

"Blaze?" Max asked. "Oh, I did see someone with that name. He was in the tournament held in Realgam Tower in the Orre region."
"Power unlike a normal Darkrai...?" he thought to himself, as he looked over where Darkrai was earlier, only to see it disappeared.

I finally send out my Scolipede, only to see Darkrai has vanished again. Suddenly, Max gets hit with a Dark Void from behind, while his Lucario, sensing the stealthy Darkrai's aura, manages to dodge. I order Scolipede to roll in the way of another Dark Void attack and use Protect, shielding himself and Commander Snow Austen. Max and Snow's Pokémon land attacks on Darkrai, but the Pitch-Black Pokémon uses Dream Eater on the still fast-asleep Dhelmise and Xurkitree, recovering all of its own health. Darkrai follows up by unleashing a powerful Dark Pulse on Lucario and Alolan Ninetales, dealing noticeable damage despite their resistance to Dark. Then, Scolipede breaks its protective forcefield and rams into Darkrai with a sped-up Steamroller, then ricochets off some surrounding trees before attempting to strike again.

-

The apparent KO Industries captor grabs some vials of liquid. "Let's strengthen some Pokémon, shall we?" he says in an exaggerated tone. Before Larry and Kate can respond further, three workers wearing suits and gas masks burst into the room and taser the kidnapper in the KO Industries uniform.
"Don't worry about him; you and your Pokémon are safe now," assures one of the agents with a KO Industries badge. "This guy, Dr. Jackal, he went rogue when a lab accident affected his brain," he explains about the stunned scientist. "Jackal started kidnapping people and Pokémon to perform illegal experiments on. But that's all over now."
"Hey, is this thing one of those sleeping gas bombs he used?" asks another agent fiddling with a grenade-shaped device, then dropping it seemingly by mistake, releasing the gases.
"Arceus damn it, Percy, don't do that!!!" shouts the higher ranking agent as Larry and Kate drift to sleep once again.

-

While Lovrina and Dr. Turner exchange their scientific findings in Kornelius Ozwald's hotel room, Ozwald himself talks with an employee on his communicator. "Crate the problematic item and deliver it to our Orre facility tonight. You know the one."
As Ozwald hangs up, Willow asks "What was that about?"
"Oh, just another old friend who thought he could betray me," Ozwald sighs. "Shame, I did like the guy. I'll have to deal with him in the morning before we go back to Castelia. In the meantime, we should all probably get some shuteye."

-

Kate and Larry come to on a bench in Castelia City. "We apologize for any inconvenience our company's defector caused you," the leader of the three agents tells the two former captives the moment they awake. "And Percy," he adds snidely, to Percy's apparent chagrin. "The criminal's been apprehended now. You can go home safe."

OOC: So, there is some sort of internal war inside KO Industries about illegal enhancing? Just asking.

IC:
"Thanks. We thought we were dead!", the two nodded as the agents told them that they were already safe. "I lost all my data, dammit! Now I need to sneak in a transmitter to Mr. Ozwald and hold off his stupid plans!", Kate mumbled, and she didn't say that loud to not annoy the agents. The duo then aimed for Realgam Tower to get some rooms. "Guess you're too unlucky because you lost all your data...", Larry said.

"That's some fun games... but I need to sleep. See ya tomorrow!", I said at Eden, Ariel, and Gate. As I walked to my room, dread started to crawl on my back... and that dread comes from my betrayal with that megalomaniac madman. But I just walked, not minding that I am starting to feel like my blood is lead. I entered my room, and before I slept, I grabbed my Poke Balls containing my full team, and I did something. "Thanks to that Black Mareep guy I met a few weeks back, I'll feel better now. Good thing he installed these on my Poke Balls...", I thought as I meddled with a small device installed to them, and the device set the Pokemon to come out when it detects a person going near me. "Auto-trigger should be useful...", I sighed as I drifted off to sleep.

Traveling about ten minutes further into the facinating, yet unnerving dungeon, we reach what appears to be an underground facility. The entrance is blocked by a pile of metallic debris.

"T-this isn't our final destination. It's just on the way." says SORBITA. "D-do me and Aolanak a favor and blow it open, will you?" He walks over to a control pad on the side of the facility, seemingly entering some sort of code as I charge an attack. Firing POWER_GEM at the debris, some of it is destroyed...so I fire another beam at it, completely eliminating it.

"Gigi-gi-gi! Much appreciated, Starmie." SORBITA looks at the circular entrance that was hidden behind the debris, as the red energy barrier protecting the door dissipates and the door opens.

We enter the room, which is being lit by glowing blue plants.
> WHAT IS THIS PLACE?
"I'm not s-sure, but I'd love to f-find out." responds SORBITA.

"Psst...hey, hey. Guys. I like this place already..." mumbles WHISPUL to me and the others. Looking around, it's true that the metallic walls and floor of the facility are mostly clear of life, saving for some glowing blue plants that help illuminate the location.

"D-don't be so h-hasty." responds SORBITA. "Let's m-make an effort to not linger."

"Bli-hi-hi, the inquisitive Snorunt not professional enough to study those shadow beasts close up?" mocks AOLANAK. "Yes, here they are, sneaking towards us like gelatinous devil spawns!"

...what is the creature talking about?

"G-g-gi-gigii! K-knock it off, now's not the time for your...." SORBITA stops talking, looking nervously forward while shivering. "...metaphors." As SORBITA nervously backs into the metal wall, I turn to face where he's looking to see some very unusual creatures float in from a nearby hallway. There are three of them. Scanning...
moth.png

> UNUSUAL BIOFORM DETECTED
> APPEARS TO BE NATIVE TO THIS PLANET
> SEMI-TRANSPARENT LIGHT RED BODY SURROUNDED BY BLACK AURA
> PREDATORY CREATURE THAT STORES ENERGY IN ITS MOTIONLESS WING-LIKE STRUCTURES
> HIGH THREAT LEVEL?
The creature is different than any POKEMON I've seen...although I rarely question the reliability of my scanning capabilities, my systems are not used to creatures of...extradimensional origin.

"S-SQUISHY ALIEN ALERT!" screeches a terrified WHISPUL. "SEE? SEE!? THIS SORT OF THING IS WHY I DIDN'T WANNA COME!"

WHISPUL and SORBITA huddle next to a wall as me and AOLANAK remain where we were, inspecting the three creatures from close up. The main body consists of a spherical light red head with semi transparent skin, with a face seemingly just consisting of two dark purple, almost black eyes. It looks very alien, yet rather cute. Protruding from underneath the head is a large spike pointing downwards, about as big as the creature's head and made of the same flesh and skin. It has two small fleshy horns atop its head, and appendages similar in appearance to angel wings branch off the side of the head. These wings, instead of being made of feathers, are made up of a very transparent material more similar to purple than red.
> SORBITA
> HAVE YOU ENCOUNTERED SUCH BEINGS BEFORE?
"T-those small angelic creatures? N-not personally, though..." responds a nervous. "M-mistress has mentioned seeing entities s-similar to this."

"We call them Shadow Beasts. The natives to this spectacle of a planet, they roam the surface and underground, like insane childen lost in a supermarket without their mother." responds AOLANAK. "Though, these insane little children have yet to throw a tantrum...my my, are we more well behaved than the others?" The three SHADOW_BEASTS look at each other in confusion.

> SHADOW_BEAST IS THE NAME OF THIS SPECIES?
"N-no, Starmie. That term, that is a t-term we use for any species on this planet that meets certain c-criteria." responds SORBITA. "These are below average in size for a Shadow Beast. T-though it emits the same black aura they all tend to."

I attempt to telepathically message the creatures I have dubbed ANGELS.
> GREETINGS ANGELS
> WE MEAN NO HARM TO YOU
> WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH US?
The shadowy creatures look at themselves once again. Their wings glow slightly. Might they be communicating with each other with telepathy of their own?

After a moment, the ANGELS look back at us...and exit down the hallway they entered from.

"...seriously? I-it's not like a shadow beast to be passive..." SORBITA remarks.

"No complaints here. Whew...what a relief." says WHISPUL.

"D-don't get ahead of yourself, Whispul! Shadow beasts aren't like this, something's up--"

We hear a load banging noise coming from outside. Waiting a moment, it seems to go away...only to be followed by the sound of loud footsteps.
> ....I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN
> HAVE THE ANGELS TELEPATHICALLY SUMMONED A LARGER SHADOW_BEAST?
"W-whatever that monster is, let's just see if we can outrun it!" responds a worried SORBITA.

Last edited:
While the others are busy fighting Darkrai, Max's other Pokemon notice their Trainer writhing in what seems to be pain.
"Max, wake up! Come on!" Hydreigon said, as he and the others shake the sleeping Max a bit. A few minutes passed before he opened his eyes.
"Guys...?" he muttered, as he got up. "You're all right!"
As Max hugged the Pokemon in joy, a few tears began to well up in his eyes.

Last edited:
As the group ran away as fast as they could possibly can, the footsteps get slowly louder, indicating that the creature that was summoned by those mysterious angel creatures was getting closer and closer. Just then, a loud, demonic roar began echoing from within the far depths that the group fled from. "GI-GI!! I-It's gaining on us!" said Sorbita in fear. "W-W-WHAT?! WHAT'S GAINING ON US?!" shouted Whispul as she was running in fear. "My, my. Usually I'd gratefully yearn for the hollering applause, but do save it for when it's at the right moment, girl~" muttered Aolanak in a disturbingly dissonant, calm and cheerful tone, "It seems that the circus animals have grown more impatient, nowadays, as if they were angry tax collectors gaining after an athletic piggy bank." "H-How are you so calm and composed at even d-d-dire times like this, Aolanak?!" cried Sorbita. "I'm a wise and smart ol' grownup, just as Mistress is~ A showman must always keep themselves composed in such wild shows, like hot glue holding on to rattling, scared little pieces~ .....Oh, my, I can already see a glimpse of its horrifically alluring little spike trap of a mouth~" "W-WHAT?!" shouted Sorbita in realization as he noticed that a large shadow has covered nearly the entire area the group was in....

Last edited:

121MS.png
293MS.png
686MS.png
361MS.png

We're in a large dome room with snow covering the metallic floor. SORBITA is currently in a panic, mashing buttons on a control panel to open another door similar to the one we entered the facility from. The same one the SHADOW_BEAST staring us down broke through just minutes ago after the ANGELS presumably summoned it.

"G-g-gi-gi, it won't open...." whispers a nervous SORBITA.

"There's no running anymore, anyway." remarks WHISPUL. I scan the gigantic creature, which is emitting the same black aura the ANGELS did.
bat.png

> LARGE HYPEROARTIA-LIKE SHADOW_BEAST
> POSESSES JAWLESS MOUTH FILLED WITH SHARP TEETH
> CREATURE CAN FLY USING WYVERN-LIKE WINGS
> EXTREMELY HIGH THREAT LEVEL

As the creature uses its massive legs, which are reminiscent of both fish and lizards, to walk slightly closer to us, I inspect it. From tail to head, it is about 18 feet long. Its slimy, serpentine body is very dark blue in color. The horror's face consists of a huge jawless mouth filled with outward pointing teeth, as well as two small, lifeless black eyes. The creature's wyvern wings are of similar color, though, disturbingly, instead of claws or talons at the end of the wings, there are what appear to be smaller versions of the creature's main head, complete with the same black eyes. These smaller heads have a large black spike protruding through their open mouths, making them incapable of biting, only stabbing. These heads leak a strange red fluid that looks a lot like blood. Unsettling...

"I-it's like a grotesque fusion of Eelektross and Hydreigon!" comments SORBITA. I decide to dub the creature MYZON_HYDRA. The beast roars at us as the boss battle begins.

MYZON_HYDRA rushes towards SORBITA and WHISPUL. Both POKEMON are hit by the creature's rush attack, being sent flying into the wall.

"Oww..." WHISPUL murmurs in pain to herself. As both of them get up, I fire SWIFT at MYZON_HYDRA'S face in order to get its attention. The monster turns its attention to me, and I narrowly avoid its attempt to bite me with its freakish mouth.

"Does it even have a t-type?" wonders SORBITA, having gotten himself up. "M-maybe I can deduce that based on its r-reactions to be-being a-attacked, heh heh!" Inhaling a deep breath of air, he holds his breath for a few seconds before exhaling a gust of freezing wind. FROST_BREATH. MZON_HYDRA flinches somewhat upon taking the attack, but ignores SORBITA as it proceeds to jab at me with its wing...heads. I avoid both strikes, flying over the creature as I electrocute it with a strike from THUNDER.

Noticing MYZON_HYDRA is briefly stunned from the powerful attack, WHISPUL skips over in effort to strike it with ZEN_HEADBUTT. However, the creature recovers from being fully paralyzed quicker than anticipated, lashing out at WHISPUL with a whip of its lizard-like tail. WHISPUL screeches as she's thrown into a wall.

"W-where is Aolanak?" complains SORBITA as he looks around, not seeing the cephalopod anywhere. "That u-unhelpful l-lunatic..."

MYZON_HYRDA lunges towards me again, this time sucesfully biting me with its horrific mouth. 70% HP remaining...

....was it just me, or did I feel a strange sensation in my core when the monster's horrific teeth were sinking into my flesh? It must be nothing. Hovering over the creature, I release a wave of pink and blue energy towards the creature, anticipating PSYWAVE to do a decent chunk of damage. MYZON_HYDRA manages to jump out of the way, despite its large size...however, SORBITA follows up with another FROST_BREATH to the creature's face. The creature flinching momentarily, WHISPUL takes the opportunity to run underneath it. Inhaling from the holes on top of her head, she lets out a screech of very high volume right next to the creature's head, dealing notable damage with HYPER_VOICE.

The monster roars at us as it starts rampaging around the room. As it destroys one of the four mechanical pillars in the room, WHISPUL narrowly hops out of the way of the electrical explosion that resulted. MYZON_HYDRA doesn't stop as it continues thrashing about the room in a frenzy, destroying yet another of the pillars. As I narrowly swerve around the falling metallic column, the creature manages to catch me off guard. Jabbing at me again with its wing-heads, I'm unable to avoid this time as the black spike is stabbed into my core. Small shards of my crystalline core fly off as a result of the brutal attack. I'm unable to stay airborne, and crash into the wall.

My core beeps faintly. I survived the brutal attack, but my HP has plummeted to a mere 9%.
> ACTIVATING RECOVER
> RECOVERY 8% COMP_PLERE
...wait a minute.
> REYC4L1V4N -75^ KIN-+ZIN ILEVER TINI 4C35SSSINE3
> NILGH_RI
> CORRUPTION
> REIVF$%M@#@#@)*$%$ABSORBN3 VVD474KM#
>
>
....I-I attempt to...fly off...hovering...barely...

"G-gi[.....], S-starmie, i-isn't your g-gem [.....] same thing [.....] shadow beasts [.....]"

"Psst...buddy! Are [......] you [........] and [...........] can [.......] hey, listen!"

I crash.
> NO ESCAPE
>
> N_GHFT
>
> FHTAGN
>
>
>
> F4
>
> 11 PREY

OOC:

about this battle...it went in a slightly different direction than I originally intended, and I'm deciding to split it into two parts. My activity should increase after I post the next part.

I know I've been borrowing victini for a bit, and I'm sorry if anybody's bothered. This isn't a good week for me emotionally and I got writers block on top of that. The segment's very close to being finished, though.

Last edited:
"Hey, you guys," I call to Max's Pokémon, who probably haven't realized beforehand that my Pokéspeak is back, "wanna help out over here?" Darkrai, wise to my Scolipede's trick, sends out Dark Void in a burst around itself, catching the wildly bouncing Megapede. Scolipede falls asleep, still curled into a giant ball, and nearly rolls into one of his allies before I return him. I then send out an Alolan Grimer to attack Darkrai. "Use Poison Fang!"

As the Alolan Grimer moved closer to Darkrai, it suddenly disappeared by melting into the shadows.
"Any ideas?" Max asked MegaPod.

I wake up in a place I hadn't expected, seeing pulsing lights on every side of me. Visually, it looks as if I'm in another dimension or something of similar nature.

"Ah, the weird sea star awakens. Have you maintained at least some semblance of control since being briefly corrupted?"

I look up to see AOLANAK floating above me. He's rhythmically flashing the yellow bioluminescent spots on his mantle.
> ...WHERE...ARE WE
"I warped you to a lair of my own. Magical and mysterious, just as the squid who conjured it is. Bli-hi-hi-bli!" laughs AOLANAK.
> YOU LIE
> WE ARE STILL FIGHTING THE MYZON_HYDRA
"Huh, 'Myzon Hydra'? You gave that angry seafood buffet a name?" responds AOLANAK. "Bleh...what a smart little urchin you are, Star Gem. Fine, you blacked out as a result of Myzon's black aura."
> WHAT IS THE STATUS OF WHISPUL AND SORBITA?
"That suspicious little pink moon rabbit...after you started counting Mareep, she emitted the most odd of vocal bursts towards that fish wyvern. Supersonic, I presume. Bli-hi, the otherworldly horror is temporarily confused and thrashing around aimlessly as if it were a Togedemaru in a balloon factory." responds AOLANAK. "After a few minutes, you woke up, and I tried to hypnotize you out of the effects of the substance. You see, Starmie, the ghostly black fog that clings to those freaky circus animals, you might want to avoid excessive contact with that stuff. Most audience members aren't quite prepared for it, the cowards are too busy hiding in their darkened lairs, hidden from...ah, nevermind. One shouldn't get too off track while in the middle of a show!"

Indeed...I feel myself under the effects of some hypnosis. His flashing lights have put me under a trance, while I can still sense the terrifying, confusing thoughts from earlier repeating subtly in the back of my mind. How much of that was a result of my core getting fractured? And how much of it was a result of the black aura radiated by MYZON_HYDRA?
> I APPRECIATE THE ASSISTANCE
> BUT WHAT SHOW ARE YOU REFERRING TO?
> YOU PARTAKE IN NO SHOW
> YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING THIS ENTIRE BATTLE
A somewhat annoyed looking AOLANAK stops flashing his lights. A moment later, the illusion in my mind fades as I see we indeed still are in the same location as earlier, hidden in a crevice on the edge of the dome room. The entrance is blocked by a pink barrier the cephalopod presumably summoned by using REFLECT.

"Shut up. I'm only helping you because, unfortunately, I need assistance to help defeat that shadow beast. It's a drag, but what's an Inkay like myself to do?" he says. "Stay here and recover more of your health points. When you're ready to engage the creature again, do so." Falling to the ground, he curls into a ball and rolls further into the narrow corridor that was presumably created sometime in the past by an explosion or something of similar nature. He blinks at me. I can tell he's done speaking for now.
> ACTIVATING RECOVER
> RECOVERY 10% COMPLETE
The creature roars from outside the protection of AOLANAK'S REFLECT.
> RECOVERY 41% COMPLETE...
It's a good thing WHISPUL and SORBITA are currently keeping the beast occupied, because this corridor and PSYCHIC-TYPE barrier are not enough to protect us for long if the beast were to turn its attention to us.
> RECOVERY 60% CO_R57211
> A8 Y5541 ID107
> JL*RECA
>
"You alright?" asks AOLANAK." Your gem is emitting some more of that aura again."
> ...I'M SATISFACTORY
Suppressing the feeling deep into my core, I keep recovering health. REFLECT fades, and floating back into the main room, I use telekinesis to gather the pieces of my core that were fractured off. Absorbing them back into my core, I feel a wave of heavenly feeling, as if I'm more complete. The RECOVER process finishing, my core is repairing itself as well as the rest of my body.
> RECOVERY 100% COMPLETE
> NOW AT 73% HP

Oh, goody, I'm back in the battle again! My timing is near perfect, as MYZON_HYDRA appears to have snapped out of confusion as it blows a breath of what looks like purple fire. SORBITA manages to evade the stream of eerie flames, but WHISPUL is engulfed.

"Oh...no..." she murmurs before falling unconscious. Trying to get the beast's attention, I use SWIFT to fire more star-shaped beams at it. Roaring, it rushes towards me. Dodging its attacks, I fly over to SORBITA, who is currently dragging the WHISMUR'S fainted body to the side of the room, more out of the conflict.
> ARE YOU OKAY SORBITA?
"Y-yeah, I'm fine...isn't it you we should be worried about, anyway?" says SORBITA. "Y-your gem, i-it got corrupted! It l-looks like you have h-healed since, but y-you need to be c-careful."

MYZON_HYDRA rushes over to us, attempting to attack me and the ICE-TYPE next to me. However, with a strange flash of pink light, it suddenly warps to a different location in the room. Unable to slow down, it crashes headfirst into one of the electrical pillars as it explodes in its face.

"Being forced to choke on a Warp Seed, that clumsy fish has embarrassed itself indeed." comments AOLANAK, who is now hovering back to us. "Isn't that all circus animals are good for, anyway?"

"A-Aolanak, it's about time!" shouts SORBITA. "I-intelligent use of i-items, too."

The draconic fish roars in anger and charges at us again. Flashing his lights in a different pattern than when I was being hypnotized, both AOLANAK and our opponent become surrounded by a veil of orange energy. Orbs of this orange energy are exchanged between the two, but for the most part, the DARK-TYPE appears to be sapping energy from the monstrosity. Although we all take damage from it ramming into us, it's clear the creature was significantly weakened.

"Heh heh, d-did you use Power Split to sap our o-opponent's o-offense?" asks SORBITA.

"Indeed, Sorbita. But a foe as strong as this brute will probably regain its strength quickly." warns AOLANAK.

Taking the opportunity to strike again, I fly over it, spraying the creature all over with a high force stream of salt water. The technique is known as BRINE, and it proves useful, dealing double damage to opponents below 50% HP. I take another strike from one of the wing-heads, but my core avoids the brunt of the attack this time. 28% HP remaining.

SORBITA attempts to bite the monster with ICE_FANG, but it evades.

"Let's see how it enjoys the finale of the show - being slayed with its own power. Bli-hi-hi, how ironic!" giggles AOLANAK. He levitates towards MYZON_HYDRA. Flipping upside-down, he materializes a large crescent blade of pink psychic energy. He sends PSYCHO_CUT towards the monster, and it shrieks in pain as its main neck and one of its wings take heavy damage. I can detect dark red blood gushing from its wounds.

The creature rampages around the room for a moment, before it falls over.

"G-good job, you three..." comments a relieved SORBITA. "B-but is it d-dead or just f-fainted? I could f-find out...but I don't wanna s-stick around, gi-gi-gi!"

I hover over to the fainted WHISPUL, lifting her up with telekinesis. Hopefully she regains consciousness soon. We've been on quite an adventure so far, but I haven't forgotten about my original task. The SHINY_VICTINI...its coordinates are somewhere nearby. I can sense it.

Last edited:
"I don't know..." I answer Max, eyeing the ground to spot where Darkrai pops up next. Just then, my Xurkitree gets up, barely clinging on as its health had been sapped by Darkrai's Bad Dreams ability and Dream Eater attack. "EXITING STATE OF TORPOR," Xurkitree buzzes. "NOW ATTEMPTING NEWLY LEARNED TECHNIQUE."
"Newly learned technique?" I wonder out loud as the Ultra Beast crouches.
"PROCEEDING TO ELECTRIFY SURFACE OF BATTLEFIELD!" I flinch as an electrical current begins coursing through the ground beneath my feet. Opening my eyes, I see that the Electric Terrain has stimulated Dhelmise awake, as well as forcing Darkrai to resurface.
"That's perfect!" I exclaim.
"What...ruinous interference is this?!" rasps Darkrai all of a sudden. "I can't travel in the shadows or induce sleep!"
"SUGGESTED COURSE OF ACTION: KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE," Xurkitree quips to Darkrai, striking a pose.
"Just like humans to bring this kind of trouble my way..." grumbles Darkrai. The Pitch-Black Pokémon shoots a powerful Dark Pulse in Xurkitree's direction. Using his anchor chain, Dhelmise yanks Xurkitree out of the way at the last moment, while Alolan Grimer resumes using Poison Fang, striking Darkrai successfully.

"Woah, calm down, calm down. That was... a shocking move.", Snow said, as the Darkrai got hit by the attacks from their Pokemon. "Nice moves.", he continued as he grabbed something from his pocket, a Master Ball. The million-Pokedollar question is, should he catch it? That was the idea bouncing on his mind.

"That bullshit Blaze brat! What the hell is he doing?!", shouted an employee who heard Mr. Ozwald's call, revealing to be Skye Austen, a renowned Flying-type trainer and the only female along the siblings. "Cloud, let's go!", she said as she sent out an enhanced Pidgeot so she can Fly and find the traitor she is supposed to abduct. "How many times did I tell him to not be selfish?"

OOC:
Sorry if I just came back posting, I had a Victini Hunter's block a while ago...

Me, WHISPUL, AOLANAK, and SORBITA proceed further into the facility after the lattermost finally managed to get the door open. By now, WHISPUL has regained consciousness, and is currently munching on an ORAN_BERRY she found after the battle with MYZON_HYDRA.
> WHAT ARE ORAN_BERRIES DOING SO DEEP INSIDE THE PLANET?
> THEY DO NOT APPEAR NATIVE TO THIS DIMENSION
"Psst...didn't I tell you? Portals appear all over the place...no reason I can figure out..." murmurs WHISPUL. "Suria's as confused as I am."

"W-well, the portals have some sort of triggering m-mechanism...." comments SORBITA. "J-just a matter of h-having enough f-free time to actually re-research it. M-mistress keeps me busy."

"Just what do you know about this place, you shady character..." whispers WHISPUL. "Kekeke...what's your boss keep you busy with, anyway? Do you kidnap Pokemon for her statue collection?"

"L-leave her marvelous ice statues out of this, Whismur!" retorts an annoyed SORBITA. "G-g-gi-gi, d-don't forget who's e-escorting you..."

"I have to wonder what business these two have with her, anyway." comments AOLANAK. "Will we find out sooner, or later?"

By now, we have reached an exit to the facility. Our elevation having decreased since our battle with MYZON_HYDRA, the area has less snow now. Opening the door, we're greeted to a surprisingly warm area with no snow to be seen. Strange creatures similar to the ones from earlier line the walls, although now they appear predominately reddish in coloration.

"Buddy..." WHISPUL singles me out, making sure the other two don't pick up on her words. "Do you think we're close to the Victini you're after?"
> I CAN SENSE ITS COORDINATES GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO OURS
> IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME
"That's good...for you." she murmurs to me. "But, see, I've been wondering, buddy...what do you intend...what do you intend to do after you locate your prize? You're...you're still gonna help me find Ninetales, right?"

"...buddy?"

Last edited:
"Hold off on that Master Ball..." Max said, upon seeing Snow pulled the Poke Ball from his pocket.
As Snow held the Master Ball, Max turned to all present Pokemon. "Ready to attack together?" he asked. They nodded, before they moved to surround Darkrai.
"Now, attack!" Max, MegaPod and Snow shouted in unison. The 10 attacks from the 10 Pokemon moved quickly towards Darkrai. For a brief moment, they could only see smoke from the combined attacks. As it lifted, Darkrai was unconscious.
"Go for it, Snow."

"Here goes nothing...", Snow said, as he threw the Master Ball to the unconscious Darkrai. "Well, this one's an obvious 100% catch..", he continued.

"That was an intense battle," I remark to my team. "Good job." Suddenly, my Alolan Grimer starts glowing, and evolves into Alolan Muk before my eyes. "Awesome!" I return Alolan Muk, then with help from Scolipede (who I'd previously sent back out to wake up with the Electric Terrain), Dhelmise, and Xurkitree, I finalize the repairs on my airship. About that time, my Primarina scoots into the area.
"MegaPod, it's you!~♪" she exclaims in Pokésingsong.
"Hey, where were you? You just missed a big Darkrai fight!" I reply in Pokéspeak.
"Takin' a nap.~♪ I meant to keep Victini from getting lost, buuut...whoopsie!~♪"
"Oh...I guess none of us know where it is then, huh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom