• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia II: Endgame: A Not So Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Do you actually want flavour?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine, it's not way too bastard. Although it being any more than 1-shot could be not bastard but also not balanced :)
Yeah, in its first appearance, the Interrupting Knife was so powerful, because Flop had said that nobody could vote for me D1, so, naturally, everybody tried voting for me, that she had to limit the knife's power. I could only kill up to two people per phase, and they had to have said "Maniacal" and/or "Engineer" in the same phase that I killed them. It is, to date, my favorite item that I've ever had the pleasure of using in a mafia game, and it will remain as such because I'm retired now.
I see. That knife's legendary.
Well, my sister was the one who invented that particular Knock Knock joke. I've mentioned that several times. I just made the joke famous...or infamous, around here.

Why would you wear a Trench Coat that could go boom when you're wearing it?
Because I'm ME. I'm insane.

I was in fact FA's informant on the Piko lynch. If there's interest and @FinalArcadia and @Sunsette are OK with it, I'll open up the PM I started and involved them (and Lunaala once they died, though Lunaala didn't post in it) in.
Go for it. I think I just spent most of the PM internally screaming and trying to decide whether Human or Drumbeats was more likely scum because they'd both claimed masons (and then it turned out both were lover pairs). FA suspected Human much earlier on, but the HD/Calvin vs Drumbeats/Caps thing and how much of a disaster it would be if we mislynched a lover pair kept me hesitant to really go after either.

@HumanDawn, here are my spy results:
Night 1 result said:
And Im great how have you been?

[redacted] scum too YAY!

very well!

so glad to finally be playing games i joined a month ago

welcome to MAFIAAAAAAAAAAA

cool roles although I do not think [redacted]is good

Im the[ redacted]
Bang bang

haha of course
i wonder if anyone submitted a fire emblem character
is it ok to say what i submitted?

At least not from the new one

No you may not.
(to [redacted])

all right
"Bang bang," thats why I wanted to find and kill the vig.
Night 2 result said:
what gives you credit is unforced and sensible observations
not "I have to say something, so er...this guy is suspicious!"

exactly

when you have nothing meaningful to say say nothing that's how I work independent of alignment
and I go by what I see as meaningful

but you gotta work to make it meaningful

by thinking it through and where it might lead tbh, I think if more people did that, there'd be less posts

even if you may do something that doesn't seem like it will mean much
it can lead to something good

you have to be able to tell what you might expect what will happen due to your words and actions and often, you can if you think about it but people are more focused on putting out content than considering what might come of it

that's not true

because of that factor that if you're quiet, you're suspicious

if you're quiet you're harder to read on

yes and a empty game is an empty game but not everyone needs to be an activity maker

i know

some people need to be the ones waiting to say something they feel is worth saying

true but that doesn't help others really
if somebody actually said something of meaning people would think that they're being meaningful
if you don't end up saying anything meaningful i don't see how that could help anyone
there's also how you express it
i need to sleep, night!
hopefully more drama occurs in the night to manipulate

in a good game, where people are talkative and not just shitposting someone still needs to balance the guesses and conversation starters by quietly studying and waiting for something important to come out then you're a bad player doesn't mean you need to post more, it means your analysis skills are lacking and just throwing out posts doesn't help night! I don't think you need to worry, ehehe

Guys theory but I think [redacted] might be the [redacted]
So at least 2 of the main players are scum, along with a quiet player. At this point, I first PM FA and tell her I think she's on the right track with the Zexy lynch.
Night 3 result said:
hang on

Zexy: perhaps you can say you forgot if you'd rather go with that
else it will seem weird that you accused me but didn't vote for me
although late bussing can be considered weird too :( hopefully not as much right after I voted you though

Well, actually
the post took me awhile for me to post
and by the time I posted
there's like 10 posts
By the time I hit the "post reply" button, there were five new posts.
Vote: Zexy
Done
I hate being ninja'd

Zexy: that's cool :)
I replied... hopefully they don't think of it as scum-scum because we're attacking each other a bit too much when both sides are trying to establish they are counterwagons
I should actually go soon... those extra 24 hours are really awesome at this point
although I kinda wouldn't like to escape my own lynch if it means yours... but if things go really south you can claim [redacted] I guess and you'll look even better after my lynch. if I can help the team in any way after messing up this hard I'd like to hope this is it :)

Zexy: @[redacted] just because you may not be checking here unless pinged.
going for real now bye cya 'morrow :)

Well my lights went out that's great

zexy is doomed
he fakeclaimed that someobody cleared them day 2

that might work, but I can't imagine it would turn things around, and I'm not sure how to carry it out

When does this phase end?

When Flop is next on, I think?

Thanks for your service Zexy

arigato zexy
i will use your lynch as a stepping stone to gain hope to win once i go through this despair

Floptopus: RIP Zexy
It was too soon
After this I go look for who Zexy voted that voted for him late in Day 3 and find Piko. I tell FA to lynch Piko, show her the first 3 paragraphs of the result as proof and claim spy to her at the same time, along with 3 posts in-game that correspond to what is being said in the mafia chat. We then discuss how to bring the results to the game and settle on her telling everyone an anonymous player with 1x cop check told her. That way, mafia wouldn't know there was a spy watching them and would continue to act normally. Really, though, I was sure someone would make the connection between my role results being late and the 1x cop claim.
Night 4 result said:
Pikochu: Well, gives me more time to focus on the project

We need to kill the towniest people on the wagon and set up the rest to be scummy
actually wait no, that just narrows town's options

we need to [redacted] [redacted], kill [redacted]and [redacted][redacted]

but they were checked
by [redacted]
N1

who knows this? Just [redacted]and maybe [redacted] right?

[redacted]
whoever the 1x cop check guy is
probably anyway

We can get rid of all of those via NK
why would there be two cop checks on the same person?

hmm?
[redacted] claimed that somebody told her that pikochu flipped scum
which is prob [redacted]
FA brings Sunsette and I into a new QT(?) and shares part of the PM between her, Mido, DB, FA, CapsFan and Calvin. FA mentions the viewer count seems suspiciously high for 6 players and 2 mods. At least one of the people in that chat is scum. FA hares that HD characte claimed Hatsune Miku,which I immediately associate with a scum player saying, "arigato zexy." FA agrees, and later, after FA dies and I invite Sunsette into my PM with just FA, Sunsette also agrees. The Hatsune Miku/Victini lover pair seems suspicious, which seems made up. It's because of this that I decide HD and Calvin are very likely scum, but Sunsette tells me not to go after HD until we have in-game proof that HD is scum. That's why I go after HD about not starting a PM with Lunaala and everyone else, but HD argued that one too well for me to incriminate him while also keeping my spy role a secret. DB, however, said he was cleared, which, Mido could only have cleared 2 people, right? I also associate it with the bit about it not being widely known that Mido checked [reacted] on N1 and sounded like the mafia was using that to their benefit.
Night 5 result said:
okay so the plan i have today is: tell [redacted] i'm [redacted] and that we're close to winning plus also tell them that i need them to play along with the message i'll send them because i'm aware of a spy as for the night since it will be night 5, an odd number, and drumbeats was checked n3 then that means we can kill him tonight [redacted] seems to be on to me so they'll likely [redacted] me
HD, Calvin scum confirmed, but still gotta think about the Night 6 action. I ask Lunaala to find out who got the message talked about in the result, and ask Leetic if he got that message, hopefully it reveals the last scum player, except I didn't account for a seventh scum player in this game, so I thought I'd have Night 6's result to help me work out whether it was Jack or Ghostwheel.

Go for it. I think I just spent most of the PM internally screaming and trying to decide whether Human or Drumbeats was more likely scum because they'd both claimed masons (and then it turned out both were lover pairs). FA suspected Human much earlier on, but the HD/Calvin vs Drumbeats/Caps thing and how much of a disaster it would be if we mislynched a lover pair kept me hesitant to really go after either.

Did you also get the conversations TheCapsFan and DrumBeats had between each other?

"Mason" QT I made with Calvin: Discord

It's amusing because bar the first conversation about being surprised of our characters, everything else was genuinely a conversation. I'm surprised nobody pursued me for nameclaiming Hatsune Miku with Victini as my Mason, although I should have just claimed Meloetta.

Did you also get the conversations TheCapsFan and DrumBeats had between each other?

"Mason" QT I made with Calvin: Discord

It's amusing because bar the first conversation about being surprised of our characters, everything else was genuinely a conversation. I'm surprised nobody pursued me for nameclaiming Hatsune Miku with Victini as my Mason, although I should have just claimed Meloetta.
I figured doing so would put me quite a bit higher on mafia's hit list, as I figured I wasn't supposed to know that.

I didn't question your nameclaim because I was the one who submitted Miku so I knew it was legit. It was the conflicting claims that kept me suspicious, but given the nature of the game it was impossible to determine who was more likely to be telling the truth about characters.

Oh dear lord, it's much stronger than I thought...

haha of course
i wonder if anyone submitted a fire emblem character
is it ok to say what i submitted?

oh jesus christ if you just mentioned this to FA and shared all of your messages she'd be on my ass for sure considering i'm a big fire emblem fan (bigger than her, suuuuuck it) so of cOURSE I'D WONDER if there might be a character

true but that doesn't help others really
if somebody actually said something of meaning people would think that they're being meaningful
if you don't end up saying anything meaningful i don't see how that could help anyone
there's also how you express it
i need to sleep, night!
hopefully more drama occurs in the night to manipulate

Yeah, I think I said this, considering there was some arguing with Hellcrow in how I disagreed with his play style. Wow, it could even work on the Ascetic... I know that they're untargetable and that this is a more passive action, but still.

arigato zexy
i will use your lynch as a stepping stone to gain hope to win once i go through this despair

omg, this is so awfully me, what with the weeb arigato, and obvious danganronpa reference...

Whoa whoa, that.... sounds a LOT like Human... Especially the "to gain hope to win once i go through this despair" because a) it's very "Danganronpa" which he loves and b) its very much how he types in stuff like that. Yikes, okay, I was starting to ease up on him after he claimed lovers, but this is really alarming and honestly I don't see anyone else saying something like that.

It would be very hard to get a lynch on him without that info, but in case I die and can't vouch for it, I will say that the clip from that result I would bet with 95% accuracy as having been Human who said it.

Oh jeez, and I've probably even said stuff like it 2/3 years ago... When I brought up the Danganronpa anime in our VMs you must have been even more sure I was Mafia. It would have been interesting to see your reaction to me mentioning Fire Emblem in the Mafia QT. Good to see that you were actually easing up on me. : )

FA brings Sunsette and I into a new QT(?) and shares part of the PM between her, Mido, DB, FA, CapsFan and Calvin. FA mentions the viewer count seems suspiciously high for 6 players and 2 mods. At least one of the people in that chat is scum.

I didn't share the QT to my scumpartners and I was as shocked as you.

FA hares that HD characte claimed Hatsune Miku,which I immediately associate with a scum player saying, "arigato zexy."

Nah, I'm just a weeb and I say stuff like that. I may have subconsciously said it anyway because I was her.

HD, Calvin scum confirmed, but still gotta think about the Night 6 action. I ask Lunaala to find out who got the message talked about in the result, and ask Leetic if he got that message, hopefully it reveals the last scum player, except I didn't account for a seventh scum player in this game, so I thought I'd have Night 6's result to help me work out whether it was Jack or Ghostwheel.

yup that was me

I didn't question your nameclaim because I was the one who submitted Miku so I knew it was legit.

Oh yeah, I did think it would help a bit that you knew it was legit.

@Zexy do you still think it was balanced? Honestly after Sunsette claimed one-shot sensor I was a bit mad, and then after finding out that Crystal Onix was a Spy that got Mafia discord messages I got even more agitated. It's not like these roles were night actions either so you could say they could be affected by the alternate Granny.

We won thanks to A LOT of luck and scheming. There's probably a long list of lucky things we had in this game that helped contribute to our win. Hmm, I'm thinking I should have told FA to be wary of the Cop check guy because they could be Scum who thought that having Pikochu lynched instead of Hellcrow was better. That might have messed with her head and made her doubt the Spy results.

Wow, those spy results… HD a bit too obvious imo. Talked about Fire Emblem; I could only see him, FA and maybe Mido doing that. Said arigato, even more HD-ish. Danganronpa… wow! The kind of advice he was giving to the inactive was HD-ish too, I’ve never seen the others talk like that.

Yay me for messing up with spies once again :( It’s got me caught in the original Chaos mafia too, I actually was paranoid of spies for a long while after that, being extremely careful in my next game, Christmas… then they stopped being in almost all the TWR games and I kinda forgot about it. There goes the entire plan :(
@Zexy do you still think it was balanced? Honestly after Sunsette claimed one-shot sensor I was a bit mad, and then after finding out that Crystal Onix was a Spy that got Mafia discord messages I got even more agitated. It's not like these roles were night actions either so you could say they could be affected by the alternate Granny.

We won thanks to A LOT of luck and scheming. There's probably a long list of lucky things we had in this game that helped contribute to our win. Hmm, I'm thinking I should have told FA to be wary of the Cop check guy because they could be Scum who thought that having Pikochu lynched instead of Hellcrow was better. That might have messed with her head and made her doubt the Spy results.
Not really. Thing is it isn't easy to determine that given the nature of the game. The roles were randed alignments and that's extremely swingy. Imagine if we'd get the random Rolecop instead of the sane. Or more vanillas. We could've got stuff like cop/spy/sensor which are useless but would make it clear that town doesn't have it at least. We could've got the really awesome stuff like lynch redirector or Ghostwheel's role, maybe even granny lovers. When RNG is that integral to the game, you can't really talk about balance. My main point was that the numbers seemed pro-scum (6 + 2 indeps in 25 people) but I guess the roles were incredibly pro-town. I was a bit annoyed with 1x sensor too at the time it was revealed.

Not really. Thing is it isn't easy to determine that given the nature of the game. The roles were randed alignments and that's extremely swingy. Imagine if we'd get the random Rolecop instead of the sane. Or more vanillas. We could've got stuff like cop/spy/sensor which are useless but would make it clear that town doesn't have it at least. We could've got the really awesome stuff like lynch redirector or Ghostwheel's role, maybe even granny lovers. When RNG is that integral to the game, you can't really talk about balance. My main point was that the numbers seemed pro-scum (6 + 2 indeps in 25 people) but I guess the roles were incredibly pro-town. I was a bit annoyed with 1x sensor too at the time it was revealed.

It was extremely swingy and we ended up having unfavourable roles compared to Town. The numbers seem fair, and the Indep had a much larger chance to ally with Town than with Mafia. We lucked out big time in that regard and thankfully Town got overconfident in Day 6 in that they didn't try making sure for there to be more votes on jack.

Luckily for HD, though, I don't really know anyone's meta or anything, so that Fire Emblem comment meant nothing to me even though it stuck out to me as something I should be able to associate to a player, which if someone had claimed an FE character, they'd have been cleared in my eyes. I didn't bother mentioning it to FA for that exact reason, that I my attempts at analyzing it against anything said in-game didn't turn up any leads for me. Also with that association between Hatsune Miku and the arigato post being more of a fluke in retrospect, since I didn't know enough about HD to make that call were it not for his claim. Sure, the spy role could've been OP in the hands of one of the War Room regulars, it was less OP in mine, so there's that to account for. Proof that skill of the players counts for just as much as the roles they were given. Hah, I guess I have this experience for if I ever get a spy role again, so I'll be able to play it more skillfully! I still had fun, though!

And Zexy, I really wanted to respond to your comment about not knowing my scum meta, but felt that scum team would've found a way to use my response against me. I've never been scum, so I really have no scum meta. I just hope I could play to my role well, like I try in every game, and not have my alignment affect how I play in the main thread.

Good game, mafia! Man, I thought we had you guys on the rocks for a while, but I never would've expected there to be 7 scum... or a lover that had gotten thrown in there as the 7th one. Kind of fitting that one of the most influential roles was a Pokemon one on a Pokemon forum haha. Honestly I had really town-read jackatlasred for some reason and Hellcrow was so scummy that I thought he really might be town who was being setup as an easy mislynch, so I was way off there.

My one biggest regret was not pushing against Human harder in-thread before I died. I was 95% sure he was scum at that point, but I didn't want to out the spy info, so I knew it'd be tough to actually get people to vote him. My case was hastily put together in the little time I had before the update, and it shows lol. Oh well, it was a really fun game and I loved playing in a really large, active game like this. I also had a good time in the alliances I had. Plus, it was fun to see who submit what role and the abilities themselves were interesting! Thank you for hosting, @Doctor Floptopus and @Maniacal Engineer !

omg, this is so awfully me, what with the weeb arigato, and obvious danganronpa reference...
That was the quote that Crystal Onix showed me that instantly confirmed that you were scum to me. I told CO that I would absolutely bet on that having been you, it was very "Human"-esque; the DR reference was a dead-giveaway lol.
oh jesus christ if you just mentioned this to FA and shared all of your messages she'd be on my ass for sure considering i'm a big fire emblem fan (bigger than her, suuuuuck it) so of cOURSE I'D WONDER if there might be a character
I'm a bigger fan of the ones in the series that matter most ; )

Sure, the spy role could've been OP in the hands of one of the War Room regulars, it was less OP in mine, so there's that to account for. Proof that skill of the players counts for just as much as the roles they were given. Hah, I guess I have this experience for if I ever get a spy role again, so I'll be able to play it more skillfully! I still had fun, though!

If it were in the hands of a War Room regular who was considered to be a power player, then it would have likely had less chance of succeeding. You don't have a threatening meta so it allowed you to stay on the down low without being looked into much, so I'd say you actually played pretty well. The role also got information for you as well without you needing to pick out who to Spy on. I'm puzzled as to why you didn't just out all the results you got in full to FinalArcadia and Sunsette. Those might have helped in narrowing the Mafia down more.

Honestly I had really town-read jackatlasred for some reason and Hellcrow was so scummy that I thought he really might be town who was being setup as an easy mislynch, so I was way off there.

I was thinking of calling you out on for Townreading him just because he said Zexy was a little scummy, but then I thought "ehh, let her think whatever she likes, no need to". I can see why you'd think that.

My one biggest regret was not pushing against Human harder in-thread before I died. I was 95% sure he was scum at that point, but I didn't want to out the spy info, so I knew it'd be tough to actually get people to vote him. My case was hastily put together in the little time I had before the update, and it shows lol. Oh well, it was a really fun game and I loved playing in a really large, active game like this. I also had a good time in the alliances I had. Plus, it was fun to see who submit what role and the abilities themselves were interesting!

Yeah, I didn't even point out how calling me out on me still being alive would then have contradicted your what you said on your case on Zexy of him not killing power players so he isn't suspected for still being alive. I had a good time too in the alliance!

That was the quote that Crystal Onix showed me that instantly confirmed that you were scum to me. I told CO that I would absolutely bet on that having been you, it was very "Human"-esque; the DR reference was a dead-giveaway lol.

hope hope hoPE deSPAIR hOPE dESPARI DESAPASAPR HOPEO DDADIEASP

Can't believe me liking DR is what made me suspicious...

I'm a bigger fan of the ones in the series that matter most ; )

fml i knew you were gaiden trash

Geez, I'm surprised that we won! Whoo!

Great play by HD especially and we really got lucky with the lover. Also really got lucky that I didn't protect DB and instead protected HD due to the DB's vet role. Still sad about the wagon and there wasn't much that I could get myself out of the wagon. Damn it spy.

Grats mafia! I'm sad I had to drop out but I wouldn't have had the time to help.

I'm astonished that Hellcrow didn't get any suspicion after Caps and DB flipped townie/Granny - imo that was a huge red flag. Also was a little uspicious that HD hadn't been NKed so those two were the players I was looking at through my very brief reading of the game. also i'm giving myself an obligatory pat on the back for correctly scumreading pikochu because that's something i so rarely do, especially when nobody else really mentions them

Nonetheless congrats once again! Thanks for hosting, hosts, and thanks for a great game everyone!

Woop Woop well done scums
Also well done town for pretty much figuring out the game, though too late.
Items:
Dear [player], you have received an aubergine!
latest

eggplant wizard said:
Hey! Be careful! I'm an eggplant, not a squash!
A mysterious fruit. Said to have a curse put on it by a powerful villainous wizard.
This roleblocked the holder.

Dear [player], you have received the Interrupting Knife!
United-Cutlery-GH0947B-rw-14249-4719.jpg

mini ME said:
Knock Knock?
unsuspecting victim said:
who's there?
A knife of unrivaled power. Use it wisely.
This allowed someone to kill anyone they could bait into saying "maniacal" or "engineer".

Dear [player], you have received Maniacal Engineer's Trench Coat.
humphrey-bogart-casablanca-trenchcoat.jpg

Maniacal Engineer said:
I look damn good in a trench coat!
A trench coat worn by a Moderator of the Fun & Games and War Room sections. Said Moderator is also a bit of a troll...Eh. I'm sure this coat is perfectly safe!
50% chance of a bpv.

Dear [player], Midorikawa's sexy self has come to visit!
5bf35f3294cf1781f1ead3331fbdc4ab.jpg

(I was looking for a pic related to Midori's profile pic with hot people in and damn is Edgey hot)
Phoenicks said:
You have elected busty Midorikawa, Evil Hipster Mastermind.
She's so sexy, she'll fluster any guys who see her.
Made the holder impervious to actions from male characters (and including/excluding gay characters, but we didn't find any)

Dear [player], you have received the Lampshade of No Real Significance!
718331-the-legend-of-zelda-and-the-lampshade-of-no-real-significance.png

you pulled the plug...
Give it to a player to complete their feng shui. No cannibalism involved.
This did nothing.

A bird pooed on you!
ptg00760502.jpg

Would you like to wash it off?
If you chose to wash it off, nothing happened. If you chose not to, any kills directed at you for the duration of the time you held it would be weakened to silences.

Dear [player], you have received the Marauders' map.
marauder__s_map_brush_set_by_hasuhime-d4w3vuk.png

le map said:
Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor.
Mr Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime-ball.
You may use this map to track the movements of any living player.
Does what it says.

Dear [player], you have been given the Comfy Chair.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_Y4MbUCLY
Cardinal Fang said:
The Comfy Chair?!
Would you like to sit in this terrible instrument of torture?
Choosing to sit in it made you a ninja, but also restricted you to only posting in Monty Python quotes while that was in effect.

Dear [player], you have been given Professor Layton's Tea Set.
past_professor_layton_tea_set_by_xx_sugarpie_xx-d5stout.png

Emmy said:
Descole? You don't mean Mr I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-With-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?
You can brew tea for someone to give them energy. There are five tea bags.
This gave the tea recipient a temporary action upgrade.

Pretty sure that's all of them. If you got an item I didn't post, feel free to share it.
Also I madeded a spreadsheet of roles of you wanna see it I'll post it when I get home

Awesome items. The Mido "item" was interesting due to not being an item and the effect based on characters' gender, wow.
Bird poo was funny too :) And yeah, Life's PR wasn't explained until now, completely forgot about that eh. Still preferred the Shake N' Vac restrictions more.
We also didn't get White Council and Dead Players' votes this game. Fortuantely, I'd say, as such an addition could've easily changed the outcome of the game to a town win as Day 6 decided almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom