• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia II: Endgame: A Not So Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Do you actually want flavour?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I... honestly swear I thought there was a tie. Why would I say that if there wasn't? If this was somehow planned, wouldn't it have made more sense to see Slife's vote, and the post my vote?

This is a disappointing outcome but I still thought Elementar could be Mafia outside the wagon.

I think you're mafia. Despite the hypocrisy, all you had to do was force one mislynch and mafia would virtually have 90% chance of winning. I see you and jack as scum, and it looks like you succeeded be somehow causing a huge sheeping push.

I think you're mafia. Despite the hypocrisy, all you had to do was force one mislynch and mafia would virtually have 90% chance of winning. I see you and jack as scum, and it looks like you succeeded be somehow causing a huge sheeping push.

90% chance? What makes you think that?

Well we haven't confirmed you either. How do we know that life wasn't mafia? We all doubted him at one point. Also why am I mafia? I just made a compelling case and people turned.

^
laughing%20gif
The world has seven billion people.

Because of the update post (if mafia succeed in their kill, they win...) jack, you made a case for a mislynch off yourself. As scum, all you needed to do was get the focus off yourself once and boom, high chance of winning. Also shows why HD quickly switched across so quickly and freely off your lynch.

Because of the update post (if mafia succeed in their kill, they win...) jack, you made a case for a mislynch off yourself. As scum, all you needed to do was get the focus off yourself once and boom, high chance of winning. Also shows why HD quickly switched across so quickly and freely off your lynch.

Life claimed Faith Healer, so you must be the only Doctor in this game. We know there's a Roleblocker in the game, so I'm betting they will Roleblock you. If there's 5 Mafia and 6 Town with just 11 players, then the Nightkill would result in a Town loss, unless Hellcrow is targeted.

Life claimed Faith Healer, so you must be the only Doctor in this game. We know there's a Roleblocker in the game, so I'm betting they will Roleblock you. If there's 5 Mafia and 6 Town with just 11 players, then the Nightkill would result in a Town loss, unless Hellcrow is targeted.

Okay. Even if they're town? And thanks for supporting my point.

Mod note: I have, literally, no time to update this thread until I get back from my business trip.
Until such time as Flop or myself can update, please consider all actions to be locked.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's okay, just take your time.

Endgame: A Not So Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggHwJESlTw

Endgame: A Not So Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

A chilly wind gusted through the deserted building. The doors, which had been left open, slammed against the walls, as the breeze moved them.
In the conference room, blood splatters stained the walls, likely from the bodies of the handsome detective and the woman with the whip, who had both been murdered in cold blood.

Dear Maniacal Engineer, you are Looker, the hard boiled detective for the International Police.

screen-shot-2013-11-17-at-6.24.43-pm.png

Looker said:
Now that my cover has been blown, let me introduce myself. I am a globe-trotting elite of the International Police. My name... Ah, no. I shall inform you only of my code name. My code name, it is Looker. It is what they all call me.

You are a recurring character in the main series Pokémon games and the anime, always showing up when there is crime to be fought and evildoers to apprehend. Your first appearance was, arguably, as early as the original Red and Blue games aboard the S.S. Anne, attempting to thwart Team Rocket. However, it is speculated that there was a shipwreck and you ended up washed up on the beach of the Battle Resort in Hoenn, completely devoid of your memories.
Your next chronological appearance was in Sinnoh, where you aided the player in defeating the villainous Team Galactic, and then you appeared in Unova to arrest the Seven Sages of Team Plasma.
Lastly, you appeared in Kalos, where you partnered with the player to discover a sinister plot by Team Flare, and thwarted that as well.
Like Maniacal Engineer, you are a suspicious looking man in a suspicious looking trench coat. As such, you are the host. It is your job to make sure the game proceeds as fairly as possible. If you die, you will punish players with a pun-filled deathpost and a wasted phase.
You are allied with the Maniacal Madmen with Boxes.

Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are Franziska Von Karma, prosecuting prodigy.
latest

Von Karma said:
A foolishly foolish idea born
from the foolish mind of a
foolhardy foolish fool.
You are the queen of the courtroom, the only female prosecutor in the Ace Attorney series and a downright violent woman. You talk with your whip, and even the judge is scared of you. There is nobody you won't hit, but you have a particular fondness for Gumshoe, often hitting him for the sake of it. You are the main antagonist of Justice for All, supposedly leaving a promising career in Germany (where you had been prosecuting since the age of 13) to get your revenge against Phoenix Wright for ruining your father's perfect win streak.
Like Flop, you are a genius with slightly violent tendencies. Thus, you are the Host. It is your job to make sure the game proceeds as fairly as possible. If you die, all players will receive a verbal lashing.
You are allied with the Maniacal Madmen with Boxes.

With the two primary investigators done in, the mafia were able to do as they saw fit. Another body was located in the building's living room, several bottles of beer surrounded the battered and dented body, as the robot's last cigar still smoked, slightly.
Dear Ghostwheel, you are Bender Rodriguez, the lovable robot from Futurama.
bender.jpg

Bender said:
Bite my shiny metal ass!
A bending unit from Mom’s Friendly Robot Company, you are a foulmouthed, lazy, alcoholic robot. You work for Professor Hubert Farnsworth as part of his crew at Planetary Express, a galactic delivery service. You travel throughout the known universe, and blunder through your various assignments with your best friend, Philip J. Fry, whom you constantly outsmart and take advantage of.
You have kleptomaniacal tendencies, stealing everything you can possibly get your retractable robot hands on, and you cheat whenever you possibly can. As such, you are the Vote stacking vote thief. During the day, you can choose to steal another player’s vote and add it to your stack by PMing the hosts Steal [player]’s vote. That player’s vote will not count for that phase, and your stack count will increase by one. If you wish to use your stack during a day phase, PM the hosts Use stack, and your vote that phase will count for however many votes you have in your stack.
You are a member of town, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or this is inevitable.
This character was submitted by Lunaala.

Now, with their final obstacle out of their way, the evil doers were free to eliminate the last remaining town members.
The hallways and rooms filled with bodies as the mafia massacred their way to victory!

Dear Crystal Onix, you are Inuyasha from the manga series of the same name.
latest

You are a half-human, half-demon. Your father died shortly after you were born, and your mother died while you were young, leaving you alone in the world. Being neither human nor yokai, you were shunned by both races and so became rather distant and reclusive. You fell in love with Kikyo, and later her reincarnation Kagome.
As a part demon, your reflexes and senses are enhanced. You can use your sense of hearing to listen in to the Mafia's conversations, though you may not hear much, making you a Spy.
You are a member of the town and win when all Mafia are dead.
This character was submitted by Sunderland.
Dear Sunsette, you are Anak Jahad from Tower of God.
latest

Anak said:
you... I'm gonna kill you if you order something expensive.
You are a demi-princess of Jahad - your mother, Anak Jahad senior, was a princess of Jahad but was killed for having you, as princesses of Jahad are forbidden to have children. You are brave and impulsive, and not very ladylike. Due to your having Jahad's blood, you are strong and lethal. The death of your mother has led you to despise all of Jahad's family, and you are climbing the Tower of God in order to seek revenge, including by killing all princesses of Jahad.
Your fighting abilities are powerful, and you never back down from a fight. You are also 300 years old. This experience gives you some knowledge - once in the game, you may use your abilities as a sensor to find out how many Mafia members were on that day's lynch.
This character was submitted by Renrith.
Dear Elementar, you are Naoya from Devil Survivor.
Naoya.full.374404.jpg

Naoya said:
Will you forfeit everything you had to gain true supremacy…?
You are a reincarnation of Cain, son of Adam and Eve, who was forced to reincarnate eternally as punishment for murdering his brother Abel. After centuries of doing so, you have lost all faith in humanity and bear a terrible grudge against YVYH. The protagonist is the reincarnation of Abel, who you dearly love despite the jealousy that led you to kill him. You are an ally in the chaos paths, and an enemy in most others.
Due to your connections to scripture, you are a Faith Healer. Each night, you may choose a target to protect from factional kills. However, if your target is already protected they will become vulnerable.
This character was submitted by Shrike.
Dear Leetic, you are the cabbage merchant, from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
latest

Merchant said:
My cabbages!
You are a peddler of Brassica oleracea, also known as cabbage. However, you are often met with misfortune during your business endeavors. Your cart has been destroyed numerous times, your cabbages have been confiscated, and you always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nonetheless, you persevere and ultimately, inspired by seeing a car, you start up your own company, Cabbage Corp, which sells automobiles and other technology.
Given that you are always in the thick of things, you overhear rumors and other information. As such, you are the rolecop. Once per night, you may PM the hosts Check: [player], and you will learn that player's role.
You are a member of the town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or this is inevitable.
This character was submitted by DrumBeats.
Hidden: Due to your rotten luck, as well as having a head of cabbage instead of an actual head, your results will be completely random every night.
Dear Molten Eevee, you are Mr. Rogers, a television personality and the friendliest neighbor in the world.
mr-rogers-e1332188602137.jpg

Fred Rogers said:
Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.
You are most well known for your longstanding television show Mister Roger's Neighborhood, which was broadcasted from Pittsburgh, PA, coincidentally, the same city that ME was born in. You are a kind, gentle, and loving person, and your television show inspired countless children throughout the years, including a younger ME. You taught kids to imagine, to dream, and many valuable life lessons. You are an American icon, and you are sorely missed by those people you inspired.
Naturally, being such a nice man, there are many stories and rumors about you, some true, and others blatant falsehoods. One such falsehood states that you were a sniper in the United States Armed Forces, with many kills to your name. This theory suggested that you always wore long sleeves to cover your military tattoos. Due to these "legendary" sniping skills, you are the Tracker. Each night, you may PM the hosts Track: [player], and you will learn who that player visited that night upon the phase change.
You are a member of the town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or this is inevitable.

This character was submitted by returnofmastercrazyhand.

At last, the game was over. The mafia had won.

Dear Slife, you are Pikachu, the mascot of the Pokémon franchise.
hqdefault.jpg

The Pokedex said:
It raises its tail to check its surroundings. The tail is sometimes struck by lightning in this pose.
The first of the overrated Pokémon rodents, you are a yellow electric mouse with cheek pouches. As Pokémon's mascot, you've been seen traveling with the likes of Red and Ash Ketchum, as their signature Pokémon. What nobody realizes is that you've been simply Biding your time, waiting for the opportunity to Cut loose and take your Revenge on those who underestimated you.
In Generation V, you were given the Hidden Ability Lightning Rod. As such, you are the Lightning Rod. Once during the night, you may PM the hosts Become Lightning Rod, which will direct all night actions, including kills, toward you for that phase.
You are a member of the Mafia and win when all opposing factions are dead, or this is inevitable.
You have a factional chat and a factional Discord server, which can be found here: Discord
This character was submitted by Pikochu.
Hellcrow, You were expecting a role, but it was me, DIO!
128925608331.gif

Dio said:
WRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
You are Dio Brando, the main antagonist of the Manga and Anime series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You are a villain of little conscience, vast cunning, and an insatiable hunger for power. You have superhuman strength and agility, as well as high intelligence. You are also the centre of many, many memes.
The popular "It was me, DIO!" meme has made you an ascetic. No night actions will affect you. Players who try to use investigative actions on you will receive the result: "You were expecting a result, but it was me, DIO!" This is the same result they would receive for any roleblock.
Your immunity does not apply to factional kills, however.
You are a member of the Mafia and win when all opposing factions are dead, or this is inevitable.
You have a factional chat and a factional Discord server, which can be found here: Discord
This character was submitted by Dragel.
Dear jackatlasred, you are Wesley Collins, from Power Rangers Time Force.
latest

Wesley Collins said:
Everyone chooses their own destiny. And I choose to help my friends!
You are the Time Force Red, or, more accurately, the second Time Force Red. You are the son of a wealthy businessman who was grooming you to be the heir to the family business, but you never fit in with your easygoing attitude and spoiler brat demeanor. You aided the Time Force Rangers during a battle, which was when you met Jen Scotts and became a member, albeit supposedly temporarily, of the Time Force Rangers. You developed romantic feelings for Jen that ultimately culminated in failure as, even though Jen had feelings for you, she needed to return to her own time, leaving you…alone.
Being the leader of the Silver Guardians, your father’s police organization, you are well informed about the goings on in your city. As such, you are the Rolecop. Each night, you may PM the hosts Check: [player], and you will be informed of that player’s role.
This character was submitted by Molten Eevee.
Hidden: Your sense of justice keeps you well grounded, therefore you are sane.
Dear HumanDawn, you are Hatsune Miku, a Vocaloid.
latest

Miku said:
If you don't understand my silence, how will you understand my words?
Vocaloid software enables users to synthesize singing by typing in lyrics and melody. It uses synthesizing technology with specially recorded vocals of voice actors or singers. You are a vocaloid based on a 16-year-old girl, and were the first Japanese vocaloid made. You are voiced by Saki Fujita, and are arguably the most popular vocaloid.
You are a very popular idol, and have had many "live" performances. Thus, you are a Performer. Each night, you may perform to a player and they may not use their action.
This character was submitted by Sunsette.
You have been lovered to Calvin.
Lover Discord: Discord
Dear Calvin, you are Victini, the Victory Pokémon.
c38bf152d8b02376453756a4fbdbd6d03314a256_large.jpg

You are the fire/psychic - type Pokémon that represents victory, and the first Pokémon to legitimately have the Pokedex number #000. You are caught on Liberty Island in Black and White, your first games, as part of an event. In Black 2/White 2, you come out of your ball and dance happily if taken to the island. Your signature move is V-create, a powerful fire-type move.
In this game, you may choose your own path to victory from the list below:
Serial Killer - You gain a factional kill and win if you are the last player alive.
Survivor - You gain one bulletproof vest and win if you reach endgame alive.
Lyncher - You are given a random lynchee and win if you successfully lynch that person.
Protector - You are given a one-shot protection ability and a random charge and win if they make it to endgame alive, regardless of whether or not you do so.
Cupid - You may ally yourself to a player, becoming their Lover and gaining their win condition.
You are allied with yourself.

This character was submitted by HumanDawn.
You have been lovered to HumanDawn.
Lover Discord: Discord

Game over: The Mafia has won!

Congrats to the mafia and great game everyone. Thanks for the great hosting ME and Flop. It was very fun :)

I told you HC was mafia...

Man. I had all the mafia (minus Hellcrow because my numbers were off) figured out by the end there, but it was too late. DrumBeats/Caps' death cleared it up for me. Good game, all. Thanks for hosting, @Doctor Floptopus @Maniacal Engineer!

I also think I figured out how I died N1 - I had targeted Caps to test out my ability and must have ticked off the Granny. Bad luck there.

Wow, I didn't figure on HC also being mafia!

To ME and Flop, thanks for hosting, this was an exciting game! To the mafia, congrats.

I was in fact FA's informant on the Piko lynch. If there's interest and @FinalArcadia and @Sunsette are OK with it, I'll open up the PM I started and involved them (and Lunaala once they died, though Lunaala didn't post in it) in.

Man. I had all the mafia (minus Hellcrow because my numbers were off) figured out by the end there, but it was too late. DrumBeats/Caps' death cleared it up for me.
Yeah, that was the brilliance of that last minute lynch redirect on D6. Granted, it might have backfired because of Ghostwheel's vote stealing ability combined with the fact that he had a vote stack of 3. If scum hadn't killed him outright, the game would have continued, and they probably would have lost.
Good game, all. Thanks for hosting, @Doctor Floptopus @Maniacal Engineer!
My pleasure. I'll admit that Flop really did the bulk of the work here. I just picked up some of the slack. After all, this game is rather difficult to host all alone.
I also had a blast with this game, with the diversity of the characters and the interesting roles that we included. (Rolecop madness and the odd-night, even night Granny Lovers were Flop's ideas, FTR.)

I also think I figured out how I died N1 - I had targeted Caps to test out my ability and must have ticked off the Granny. Bad luck there.
This is indeed correct. As a fun aside, jack, the scum Rolecop, checked Caps on an even night and DrumBeats on the following odd night, thus meaning that he avoided death in both cases.

Man I tried to help this game but no one would talk to me. I just kept collecting votes and trying to stay alive.

GG everyone.

Well done mafia, gg everyone.
Thanks for hosting Maniacal Engineer, and Doctor Floptopus,

Awesome :D Congrats, buddies! I believed in you all. Especially Human, I was so looking forward to the day we would be buddies and he was once again awesome scum while I failed him
Apologies once again for being the only one figured out without extra info, messed up quite a bit this game :( At least I was just vanilla. I tried using my ol' time classic "let's confuse everyone to cause mislynches after my death" strategy, but it may have not worked that well. Didn't save Pikochu (although I guess it was because of info), Life didn't stay incriminated, perhaps it helped a bit with Lunaala, Elementar also looked scummy but no one acted on it because of jack. Really glad that the vote switch/CFD/snipe in the end worked!

Town tried a lot imo. And tbqh the balance may have been in our favour. 7/25 scum + a jester + 2 townies being lovered and it looked like town could only afford 3 mislynches while they had to lynch 6 scum. Perhaps it was because of randomized roles (getting sane rolecop + blocker was awesome!) and town had some cool stuff like Spy, Sensor, Granny Lovers (those were such a pain, I should know better than picking YGO characters if they're going to be against me!)...

Awesome game to play, watch and read FT, thanks to Flop/ME for hosting.

Yay! We did it! :3c. Good game guys, that last lynch was really needed for us to win. Crystal Onix would have been hard to go after considering his Spy role and its use, and Ghostwheel's role could have been dangerous. I did have a plan to frame Ghostwheel though by only mentioning the vote negate role like as if it was the Mafia's but that may have been risky. This was a lot of fun and I had to do a LOT of acting to try to capture my Town self, what, with all the voting, contacting FinalArcadia super early, analysis, having to act pissed that people thought (I had a lot of fun writing that "get off your high horse and stop taking it in the ass!" line) ROMCH would have likely flipped Town and even making a wallpost figuring the game out. (Post #8)

The roles, while more creative than usual(it was fun reading the FT and the text for the roles too, it must have been a lot of fun making them!), I thought were pretty unbalanced and favoured the Town heavily to win. The only good roles we had were the RoleCop, Roleblocker, and Hellcrow's Asctetic (whom, by the way, am super surprised they made it to endgame), which made up of half of the Mafia's roles, while the others were Vanilla, Doctor, and Lightning Rod. Choosing to use Lightning Rod would have meant "try killing nobody, kill yourself or incriminate yourself". Doctor admittedly had its uses in claiming it but it was against the Town Faith Healer. This is not taking into account the Grannies, Cop, Spy, Tracker, One-Shot Sensor and one RoleCop with a use, who ended up being believed because the innocence that came out of their posts shone it would have been a ridiculous move as Mafia. There were also hard to lynch roles like Ghostwheel's vote negate, Town Slife' Lynch Redirector, and Etrian Oddity's Vengeful, although Hellcrow at least took care of the Vengeful. Having Zexy be a Bomb (just make the house he was actually have a bomb in it, that would have been funny with how unexpected it would be) and making Mafia Slife's Lightning Rod be some vote paralyzer would have helped tremendously.

If not for Calvin lovering with me to have us get that extra Mafia member we desperately needed, I doubt we'd have had that much of a chance to win. Even the victory we had now was because we were lucky enough that certain Town members that were paying attention to the game did not bother to vote and thus could easily sweep in a last minute changed lynch on Bulletproof Elementar. Oh, and speaking of that lynch, I actually did think it was a tie for some reason. Whoops.

The fact Calvin lovered me was a huge surprise to me. Calvin later told me his full role and I was even more shocked, because he had five roles to pick, and decided to pick Lover to lover with me because I submitted the role. This is kind of like when I was 14 years old with how lucky I was with the Victini Event getting extended by a week, and then finding out that a friend had a DS in that extended week, in which I only asked him because I saw a car's number plate be "Vic 494"(Victini Pokemon #494!) and it made me think of bothering to ask him! When I joined the game the character I submitted was Victini, not only because it is my favourite Pokemon, but with its design's basis being themed around victory I was hoping that it could help me... and it did! I was leaning on it being either a Town role with some super power or an Independent with some win condition, but was surprised that more thought was put into it by having 5 choices on what the win condition would become! That's just so great, I'm glad the hosts saw the potential of Victini as a Mafia role and that we had a similar mind set with what could be done to the role

@Crystal Onix what were your Spy results? @Elementar who did you protect in the last night? @Hosts, could you link us the Graveyard QT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom