• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. I have everyones roles.
Even Dawning's?
If u think ur going to die post the info right at the end of the night
Nah, better just tell milkshayke, doubt both are dying together, unless we have a really misplaying vig or the hopper arsons them or something (which is probably beyond OP to get 4 ppl ded out of 10 before d3 lol)
I really hate BMGS notification system sometimes. My notifications for this disappeared during checks at other threads :bulbaFacepalm:

Anyways good job to those that lynched toast!

Also the hop is a modifier. That makes me uncomfortable. Modifier seems like a weird word choice if the action is harmless.
You kinda made it worse by staying on Zinn this long, thankfully toast never showed up even to self pres... Which makes me slightly paranoid of Zinn scum but nah, not going there before Dawning/ragnarokio

So you got hopped too? Not a huge fan of the 4 towniest players being hopped, if this somehow becomes harmful we will be very screwed.
Zexy, you helped me figure out the last role btw, no claims needed (other than Minish).
Minish claimed blocker. I guess you think one is cop or vig who was missing? Do you really thing Dawning softed something?

Even Dawning's?
Not their exact role.
Minish claimed blocker. I guess you think one is cop or vig who was missing? Do you really thing Dawning softed something?
Dawning did not soft anything. And I will not respond on the role missing for obvious reasons.

Not their exact role.

Dawning did not soft anything. And I will not respond on the role missing for obvious reasons.
Does that missing role make Dawning look townier somehow? I do not care what it is, just if they look better or worse.

I also kinda care for another reason, then again maybe I should wait a bit... The key word here is dillema, if you know you know.

Does that missing role make Dawning look townier somehow? I do not care what it is, just if they look better or worse.

I also kinda care for another reason, then again maybe I should wait a bit... The key word here is dillema, if you know you know.
No, Dawning is scum in my list.

Yep, I do. Although if I’m right game can end tonight,

they did claim by a time lots of others did, only part of their role, to look similar to Minish, but we have nothing else past that.
I've seen this sort of thing alluded to before and I don't really understand your metgame wrt claims. People are acting almost as if softing/claiming a role is indicative of a town alignment. I don't see why mafia wouldn't also soft/claim roles early on in this kind of meta? Additionally, if role information helps the town, shouldn't you be opening most games with a massclaim?

They insisted toast looks scummy for a while, only to give up when it became apparent he is not ever getting saved and they decided to bus.
I considered toast NAI for most of the game, and started town-leaning on them when their wagon built so fast and easily. I wanted to switch to dawning because i thought it would have a higher chance of hitting scum than toast would, but ended up changing my mind because there wasn't much time left in the day and i didn't want zinn to get lynched in the event of a tie.

Considering how the wagon developed I would guess that either our remaining mafiosos are low-activity (ie: dawning, raven, minish) or that they're higher activity but felt like bussing toast was the best play to make here, in which case they're probably early on in the wagon (milk, zexy, maybe zinn). Players who didn't join the wagon or who only joined it at the end of the day provisionally look better to me, because I don't think mafia would stand as much to gain from taking that route.

I've seen this sort of thing alluded to before and I don't really understand your metgame wrt claims. People are acting almost as if softing/claiming a role is indicative of a town alignment. I don't see why mafia wouldn't also soft/claim roles early on in this kind of meta? Additionally, if role information helps the town, shouldn't you be opening most games with a massclaim?

I considered toast NAI for most of the game, and started town-leaning on them when their wagon built so fast and easily. I wanted to switch to dawning because i thought it would have a higher chance of hitting scum than toast would, but ended up changing my mind because there wasn't much time left in the day and i didn't want zinn to get lynched in the event of a tie.

Considering how the wagon developed I would guess that either our remaining mafiosos are low-activity (ie: dawning, raven, minish) or that they're higher activity but felt like bussing toast was the best play to make here, in which case they're probably early on in the wagon (milk, zexy, maybe zinn). Players who didn't join the wagon or who only joined it at the end of the day provisionally look better to me, because I don't think mafia would stand as much to gain from taking that route.
hijacking your post to say it's not me :thumbsup:

The point about softing early meaning you are more likely town is that scum have a hard time thinking of a very elaborate fakeclaim to go through all game when they have no idea if they get CCd. If it was this easy then we would have more scum open claiming Miller Day 1, when in practice it is not happening, to the point that Miller CCs usually mean actually two Millers.

Yeah I kinda hope it is just Dawning and Raven as Jamie thinks, while you do look worse than before, I would not lynch you before Dawning tbh.

The targeted Player will also be unable to use their action during that Night.
Well that certainly explains why my action failed.
Maybe they were hoping someone would Cop check the top voted player and get a Mafia result?
Noice. Hopefully I don’t die.
Eh I'm sure you'll be fine.
black and with a slight woody taste

oh u said coffin not coffee
What's the difference :v

My guess is Dawning is still very likely, and the other one is ragnarokio or was Raven.
Framer isn't too common for Mafia here, neither is Janitor, so I feel like they'd have one too.
I really hate BMGS notification system sometimes. My notifications for this disappeared during checks at other threads :bulbaFacepalm:
Same I've got to keep a tab open on the alerts page because if I click the bell it marks them all as read but doesn't show new alerts until you actually read the thread.

Well that certainly explains why my action failed.
Maybe they were hoping someone would Cop check the top voted player and get a Mafia result?
Either that, or thinking you were PR, or both?
Framer isn't too common for Mafia here, neither is Janitor, so I feel like they'd have one too.
It may have been a passive modifier of scum Raven role for all we know, I still find the idea of a day Janitor weird.

Either that, or thinking you were PR, or both?
Eh that early on, I figure they'd want the benefit of Framer more than Jailer. The latter was just a bonus for them.

It may have been a passive modifier of scum Raven role for all we know, I still find the idea of a day Janitor weird.
Possibly, either way I'm intrigued. I don't think I've ever used a Janitor, which is strange because it's such a useful Mafia role, especially if they get the Role Flip instead.

I think Janitor is considered Bastard by most people, town is kinda entitled to getting the flip. I sure was annoyed when d1 ended up with little to no info, but thankfully d2 paid off a lot. Although ages ago there were much worse stuff and no one complained. I still seethe whenever I think of Tailor shenanigans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom