• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

My team (all shinies:

Venomoth - Powder (sleep powder FTW!)
Septile - Jack Frost (it looks like him, and it has HP ice)
Rampardos - Volvic (based off Tyranisaurous Alan from the Volvic comercials)
Pachirishi - Popeye (idk)
Spiritomb - Rustynails (From Joyride)
Blasoise - Terrapin (Terrapin is a type of turtle)

Re: Pokemon Nicknames! What have you named your team and what meanings do the names h

Aerodaciyl AZYRAEL named after the angel of death

Hitmonlee Hitmochuck named after the none other than chuck Norris
Sableye TARTARUS GREEK FOR H E 2x HOCKEY STIX

SPIRITOMB Dephylr cus i wipe the floor with him so much it like i defiled the other trainers

One time, I decided to nickname my Pokemon in Blue after Digimon!

Zudomon the Blastoise, Garudamon the Pidgeot, and others from the originals of both Pokemon and Digimon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since most people tend to use Japanese nicknames when they're using a foreign language, I decided to be different and give all of mine Spanish nicknames. Some of them are kind of lame, though. >.>;

Typhlosion: Fuego--Fire (need to change this)
Jolteon: Chispa--Spark
Leafeon: Hiedra--Ivy
Dugong: Hielo--Ice (going to switch with a Kingdra named Corona--crown)
Metagross: Acero--Steel (need to change this too)
Flygon: Alma--Soul (Flygon is known as the "Desert Spirit," after all)

I give themes for the names i give to my pokemon, in the game on platinum im presently playing its food!
such as 'PeaPudding' for an Aggron... gives weird reults, but its cool in the end... especially when you run out of ideas...

Oh lord I nickname almost everything so it would take days to go into each of them but I'll just discuss my three partys from my three games.

Yellow:
Venusaur-Bulb(self explanatory really XD)
Pidgeot-Gust(When I caught it as a Pidgy it had gust as a move and me being a kid decided to name it after that)
Lapras-Surf(It was my surfing Pokemon so I named it such)
Zapdos-Lightning(It was an electric name what else can I say)

Leafgreen:
Venusaur-Sprout(By some miracle I had a girl Bulbasaur and I thought that was a good girl nickname)
Pidgeot-Elfy(Something about the sprite seemed elfish to me at the time)
Vaporeon-Floofy(The Eevee was fluffy......)
Lapras-Manny(Lapras' look sorta like manatees)
Articuno-Sapphire(Its my favorite gemstone and it was blue)

This is when they start getting weird:
Platinum:
Empoleon-Barfy(My two best friends at the time would call me their barfy instead of best friend because it was easier to say ans when I picked the Piplup I kept saying it was my new best friend so I decided to name it the only thing I knew to call a best friend)
Luxray-Kimba(Shinx looks like Kimba the White Lion)
Staraptor-Olive(She looked like the character Olive from Astroboy to me)
Roserade-Venus(the little clasps on Budew reminded me of venus fly traps)
Leafeon-Eliss(There really isnt a reason for this one I just wanted a E name)

Have I explained Kimber yet? She's named after a random female character from The Wishsong of Shannara that has the coolest name ever. Kimber Boh.

wooooooow, I never ever bothered to go so deep just to name my slaves *evil grin*

• Turtwig - Bom,
    (2NE1).

• Chimchar - Daesung,
    (Big Bang).

• Piplup - Taeyang,
    (Big Bang).

Not going to give a full list of Pokémon, but I've added these three to my team to take on the Pokémon League. Still going with my theme of naming them after singers:

• Togekiss - Changmin,
    (Dong Bang Shin Ki)

• Houndoom - Ryosuke,
    (Hey! Say! JUMP)

• Glaceon - Taemin,*
    (SHINee)

* formerly named after Ryeowook of Super Junior. I decided that that name will be better suited to a Leafeon.

Also, the three legendaries I caught today:

• Giratina - Sooman,
    (After Lee Soo Man, co-founder of SM Entertainment)

• Uxie - Koki,
    (KAT-TUN)

• Azelf - Tatsuya,
    (KAT-TUN)

Once I capture Mesprit it's going to be called Kazuya. I'm naming the three lake guardians after half of the band KAT-TUN, matching the colour of the Pokémon to the band members colours. :)

My pokemon tend to be named after songs/characters/ideas from Modest Mouse songs. some other artists too like the pixies and man man. occasionally i use football player's names (american football).

I only nicknamed my Pokémon once, in my first playthrough of FireRed. I didn't name them all, but some of the ones I remember were a Zapdos named The Rock (The most electrifying man in sports entertainment, a Snorlax named Big Show (Both are freakin' huge) and a Gyarados named Mysterio.

This was in I was really big into pro wrestling, obviously. I'm just not creative enough to nickname my pokémon. Hell I can't even think up titles for my photography.

my team is named after the X-men

metagross is colossus
skarmory is archangel
empoleon is gambit
joteon is storm
tyranitar is deadpool
blissey is wolverine

Miltank : GradeABeef

Miltank: Hellen

Yes, with two l's

Leafeon - Riku-chan

We'll have to see if I can come up with other nicknames for my pokes later.

I named my Mismagius, Misty. You know like Mis(ty)magius or Misty Ghost. I thought it was witty.

in my johto sliver days i never nick named my pokemon but in hoenn/gen 3 & on i always try to give a nickname to my main team don't remember them all this is a few

Dragonair - sky
snorlax - tubbie
haunter - ms.gassie
vaporeon - aquareon
vulpix - foxxy
venusaur - bud
dugtrio - diggs 3
pikachu - sparxy & lite
growlith - ace

man i didn't have to give you a life story just the name's gosh whats wrong with me

I usually name my main Pokemon team after characters I like that fit their personalities. For example, my Luxray is named Zero, and my Weavile is named Cyrus, both after the Pokemon characters.

Oh, and I have a Gliscor that I'm training named Axel. Other than that, I don't really name too many of my Pokemon. I'm far too picky about names.

I recently bred a Swampert which I named PAMPERS for some strange reason. :S

I give my Pokemon names that a 5 year old might give them :p

Charizard-Scorch
Sceptile-Talon
Feraligatr-Chomp
Skarmory-Skarms
ect...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom