• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

Veanasuar @life orb
Trait: chlorophyll
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 spe
IVs: 2 atk 30 spa 30 spe
Modest nature
-Growth
-solar beam
-HP fire
-sludge bomb/sleep powder

Fairly standard set. I don't know about the IVs, but smogon specified them, so I stuck. Them in. I. Thinkmthere,s another nature that outspends some stuff, but I can't remember what it is. Solar beam doenst need a turn to set up in sun. Also, venasaur has the electric resist you wanted, and a water resist for tails.

Sorry that looks weird, I'm. Typing on an iPad

The IV spread of 31/2/31/30/31/30 Gives Venusaur a Hidden Power Fire with the maximum BP of 70. I assume they specify one with 2 Attack IVs so that it doesn't do as much damage to itself if confused(?).

The IV spread of 31/2/31/30/31/30 Gives Venusaur a Hidden Power Fire with the maximum BP of 70. I assume they specify one with 2 Attack IVs so that it doesn't do as much damage to itself if confused(?).

hmm, thats a kind of low chance... i think theres another reason. i saw a politoed with 1 in HP to insure it was the slowest (that might have been yours)

Hey, I'm making my first competitive team, I want it to be an OU Defensive Sandstorm team.

I want to lead with this :
Specially Defensive Tyranitar @Leftovers
Nature:Careful
Ability Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

After this I'm clueless, help.

try a ferrothorn!

ferrothorn@leftovers/shed shell
O SPEED IVS
252 hp / 88 def / 168 spd
relaxed nature
-spikes
-leech seed
-gyro ball/protect/thunderwave
-powerwhip/protect

i recommend thunder wave in the third slot and power whip in the fourth. power whip is a powerful move. thunder wave paralysis opponents (i somewhat recall it on your original ttar set). not much to look at. sand does nothing to it because of steel typing. leech seed works in cooperation of leftovers/shell bell to heal as you go along.

i want to be a train.

Help for 6th slot OU (GEN V)

Here is the team I am currently running with...

"Wombo"
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant / Technician
248 hp/252 atk /8 spe
-U turn
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Pursuit

pretty basic CB setup for Scizor. Brick Break because I don't have access to Superpower and Technician boosts it slightly

"Combo"
Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Timid / Levitate
4 hp / 252 spA / 252 spe
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Hydro Pump
-Trick

set up to bounce in from a U turn in anticipation for a Heatran or any other Scizor counter. Volt Switch is a powerful STAB that can keep the momentum going.

"Loki"
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Modest / Sandstream
252 hp / 252 spA / 4 spe
-Stealth Rocks
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

I was hatching Larvitars for a heavy offensive typed Tyran when I found one of the Larvs I hatched had a 31 IV in spA. I ended up making a modest Tyranitar for stealth rock support, Fire coverage for Scizors and Ferrothorn, Ice Beam for dragons, and Dark Pulse for a good STAB. Sandstream works well to counter rain teams, and if scouted correctly with Scizor or Rotom, I can set up SR for free.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed / Iron Barbs
252 hp / 148 def / 108 spD
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip

Spikes for support and Leech Seed are for longevity. This thing works great as a wall. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are strong STAB moves so Ferrothorn doesn't become Taunt fodder.

"Nidhogg"
Dragonite @ Dragon Gem
Jolly / Inner Focus
4 hp / 252 atk / 252 spe
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
-Roost

A late game sweeper that works well even after +1 DD. Fire punch was chosen for coverage against threatening Ice -mon or Scizors. Roost is for taking damage after a DD or if I know I need more hp in a pinch.

So thats the current set up, and one thing I've noticed just from a theoretical perspective - with all the switching between my Rotom and Scizor core, I lack a spinner. I was thinking one of three pokes, but just couldn't decide which would benefit my team the most.

Blastoise with a special wall setup

Cloyster with ice shard for priority, toxic or toxic spikes for more support, and rapid spin of course

Hitmontop with priority Fighting moves for STAB technician bonuses and Rapid Spin for support.

I was leaning towards the hitmontop, but have no idea how to train it / chain breed / set it up. Comments / critique appreciated.

Hello!
I'm building a rain team right now...I've got Politoed to trigger the rain...Maybe a Tentacruel to spin the hazards away and set up one of its own, or should I replace it with a Starmie and let another Pokemon do the hazard part?
There's a Toxicroak to absorb Toxic Spikes when required (not really required, with Tentacruel and all) and to abuse the rain, maybe?
Ludicolo to abuse the rain, like Toxicroak...and two more Pokemon. I need a Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock...and maybe use something that can say "I wish Politoed's HP is healed!" that is not legendary.
Anything for this one? And sorry if I didn't do this correctly.
Thank you one and all!

Hello!
I'm building a rain team right now...I've got Politoed to trigger the rain...Maybe a Tentacruel to spin the hazards away and set up one of its own, or should I replace it with a Starmie and let another Pokemon do the hazard part?
There's a Toxicroak to absorb Toxic Spikes when required (not really required, with Tentacruel and all) and to abuse the rain, maybe?
Ludicolo to abuse the rain, like Toxicroak...and two more Pokemon. I need a Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock...and maybe use something that can say "I wish Politoed's HP is healed!" that is not legendary.
Thank you one and all!

Jirachi could definitely work on your team.

Hello!
Thank you one and all!

Jirachi could definitely work on your team.
As I said..."that is not legendary" and I need a Stealth Rocker...

Hello!
Now, I'd like to ask something for my team in Generation IV (DPPt / HGSS)...only about which Pokemon I should use.
Which one of these should I use in my team (to start the team off)?

Roserade, Breloom

For the Water-types...could one of these help either Roserade or Breloom?

Gyarados, Kingdra, Starmie, Swampert, Empoleon, Vaporeon, Tentacruel

For the Fire-types...could Infernape help Roserade or Breloom?

Thanks for helping!

Last edited:
Hello!
Now, I'd like to ask something for my team...only about which Pokemon I should use.

Roserade, Breloom

Thanks for helping!

Go with breloom. Roserade is fragile.

I think Rotom-W is the best water type to help Breloom since rotom-w can defeat the standard gliscor. Whats more breloom can easily switch into blissey should it come into stop a rotom sweep. Starmie can also work well.

I'm iffy about Infernape here. Depends on which set you are using. Do consider Heatran as well.

Hello!
Now, I'd like to ask something for my team...only about which Pokemon I should use.

Roserade, Breloom

Thanks for helping!

I think Rotom-W is the best water type to help Breloom since rotom-w can defeat the standard gliscor. Whats more breloom can easily switch into blissey should it come into stop a rotom sweep. Starmie can also work well.

I'm iffy about Infernape here. Depends on which set you are using. Do consider Heatran as well.

a quick word on this. while rotor-w is undoubtably helpful, i would like to point out the lack in gliscors. i haven't seen one in ages. rotom-w is good for countering rain teams though.

personally, i'd consider starmie or gyrados. starmie makes a good spinner, and carries thunder stuff to hit other water types. gyrados makes a good d-dancer and sweeper. rotom-w is good for volt-turn. it'll be easier to choose once we know a little more about the team and it's weaknesses.

Hello!

Roserade, Breloom

Thanks for helping!

Okay, I'll use Breloom. Anyways, Breloom can't be hit by Poison...actually, it can, but the effect is the contrary to what Poison does, healing Breloom instead of damaging it due to its ability. In D/P, it's also a good choice anyway, even if you're talking about B/W.
Hello!

Roserade, Breloom

Thanks for helping!

a quick word on this. while rotor-w is undoubtably helpful, i would like to point out the lack in gliscors. i haven't seen one in ages. rotom-w is good for countering rain teams though.

personally, i'd consider starmie or gyrados. starmie makes a good spinner, and carries thunder stuff to hit other water types. gyrados makes a good d-dancer and sweeper. rotom-w is good for volt-turn. it'll be easier to choose once we know a little more about the team and it's weaknesses.
Sooo, should I use Starmie and Gyarados? Or should I find another spinner? I'm also looking for a Stealth Rocker.

true. personally, i play on smogon server, and have not seen gliscor in a while. i have to put in, i'm not sure about wi-fi and it's commonness there. also, i was playing on the main server cause smogon kept crashing last night, and i may have seen two or three. personally, myheat ran covers rachi nicely. nobody ever expects scarftran anymore

true. personally, i play on smogon server, and have not seen gliscor in a while. i have to put in, i'm not sure about wi-fi and it's commonness there. also, i was playing on the main server cause smogon kept crashing last night, and i may have seen two or three. personally, myheat ran covers rachi nicely. nobody ever expects scarftran anymore

hmmokay but rotom has another advantage. defeating each and ever physical wall as well as gyarados and rain teams.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom