• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I don't see this month's CoroCoro revealing anything new about Sableye that pertains to X & Y. It might say something about it being caught by Cilan, but I doubt we'll get anything new about it.

Why do you think it'll get caught by Cilan?

They could just be doing something new? Sableye could just have a part in it, because that's how it is. I'm all for it having an evolution, but just because he's in the movie, doesn't mean he HAS to have something new.
Plusle and Minun are kind of examples of Pokemon that were used in a movie and had a purpose, but nothing special was revealed about them.

What is it with you guys picking the worst counterexamples to my point?

They could get away with Plusle and Minun not having anything special because they were 3rd gen Pokemon in a 3rd gen movie. Sableye is a 3rd gen Pokemon being brought back in a movie that serves as a transition between 5th and 6th gen. It's not the same thing. Now, if they've ever brought back a past gen Pokemon to a movie for absolutely no reason related to a recent or upcoming game, then it'd be a fair point, but I can't think of a single Pokemon playing a prominent role in the movies that wasn't there as a promotion for the games.

They could get away with Plusle and Minun not having anything special because they were 3rd gen Pokemon in a 3rd gen movie. Sableye is a 3rd gen Pokemon being brought back in a movie that serves as a transition between 5th and 6th gen. It's not the same thing. Now, if they've ever brought back a past gen Pokemon to a movie for absolutely no reason related to a recent or upcoming game, then it'd be a fair point, but I can't think of a single Pokemon playing a prominent role in the movies that wasn't there as a promotion for the games.

Pichu had a small role in the Arceus movie.
And I don't think anyone is necessarily disagreeing with you, but like I stated before, it doesn't mean that it's going to play a big part in the next generation.
For all we know, he'll get a small part like Pichu did.

Why do you think it'll get caught by Cilan?

Because the focus for Ash's Pokémon seems to be the ones he already has, and considering Sableye eats jewels, it would fit with Cilan's theme. It's just random guessing, really.

Pichu had a small role in the Arceus movie.
And I don't think anyone is necessarily disagreeing with you, but like I stated before, it doesn't mean that it's going to play a big part in the next generation.
For all we know, he'll get a small part like Pichu did.

even still pichu was in the movie to promote its game counterpart. so if sableye was to only get a small part he could still get something in x/y

Why do a lot of people assume this movie is based on Gen 6?? To me the only thing this movie has regarding gen 6 is the New Mewtwo, and although I haven't seen many of the later Pokemon movies, I know that a lot of Pokemon movies feature one, maybe two pokemon, from the next generation. Not to mention this movie is released in Japan around 3 months before the games are released. Bulbapedia even mentions it is the third movie in the 'best wishes series.' I also sincerely doubt that a Pokemon movie that is suppose to be set in generation 6, would be released before the gen 6 games would be.

Regarding Sableye, Sure it is possible that Sableye could have an evolution that will feature in this movie, however, nothing is guaranteed, and shouldn't treat it as though it is set in stone just yet. Along with everything else, all we can do at this point is speculate.

screw the Movie !
I have no interest about the pointless anime .
I just want more Gen VI info !

Why do a lot of people assume this movie is based on Gen 6?? To me the only thing this movie has regarding gen 6 is the New Mewtwo, and although I haven't seen many of the later Pokemon movies, I know that a lot of Pokemon movies feature one, maybe two pokemon, from the next generation. Not to mention this movie is released in Japan around 3 months before the games are released. Bulbapedia even mentions it is the third movie in the 'best wishes series.' I also sincerely doubt that a Pokemon movie that is suppose to be set in generation 6, would be released before the gen 6 games would be.
You do realize that there is always one movie released soon before the games that always contains at least one next Generation Pokemon, pretty much always the star of the movie, that is always part of the current anime series, right?

Movie 5 (starring the Latis) was a part of the original anime series, and came out months before Ruby and Sapphire.
Both Movie 8 and 9 (starring Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) were part of the Advanced Series, and Movie 8 came out over a year before Diamond and Pearl.
Movie 13 (starring Zoroark) was part of the Diamond and Pearl series, and came out months before Black and White.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors were set in their upcoming generation.

Last edited:

You do realize that there is always one movie released soon before the games that always contains at least one next Generation Pokemon, pretty much always the star of the movie, that is always part of the current anime series, right?

Movie 5 (starring the Latis) was a part of the original anime series, and came out months before Ruby and Sapphire.
Both Movie 8 and 9 (starring Lucario and Manaphy, respectively) were part of the Advanced Series, and Movie 8 came out over a year before Diamond and Pearl.
Movie 13 (starring Zoroark) was part of the Diamond and Pearl series, and came out months before Black and White.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors.

In what way is it set in generation 6?? Bulbapedia even states it is part of the 'best wishes series' which is a gen 5 series. Having one Pokemon from the next generation featured in it doesn't make the movie set in said generation. I haven't seen any information confirming it is set in gen 6, others just speculate it is, to which I disagree.

In what way is it set in generation 6?? Bulbapedia even states it is part of the 'best wishes series' which is a gen 5 series. Having one Pokemon from the next generation featured in it doesn't make the movie set in said generation. I haven't seen any information confirming it is set in gen 6, others just speculate it is, to which I disagree.
I don't have my reading comprehension image link today, so here's my quote. Read it this time.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors were set in their future generations.

I did read it, and yet you failed to prove THIS movie is set in gen 6. I have seen Bulbagarden state it is set in the best wishes series, and I have seen nothing that states it is set in gen six yet. You have not given me any information that confirms this movie is set in the sixth generation, as opposed to the fifth.

I did read it, and yet you failed to prove THIS movie is set in gen 6.
Reading comprehension requires comprehending what you are reading, not just reading it.

I have seen Bulbagarden state it is set in the best wishes series, and I have seen nothing that states it is set in gen six yet. You have not given me any information that confirms this movie is set in the sixth generation, as opposed to the fifth.
Other than providing examples of other pre-generation movies, that were both set in their actual generation and a part of the previous generation's anime series. This movie is no different. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

I did read it, and yet you failed to prove THIS movie is set in gen 6.
Reading comprehension requires comprehending what you are reading, not just reading it.

I have seen Bulbagarden state it is set in the best wishes series, and I have seen nothing that states it is set in gen six yet. You have not given me any information that confirms this movie is set in the sixth generation, as opposed to the fifth.
Other than providing examples of other pre-generation movies, that were both set in their actual generation and a part of the previous generation's anime series. This movie is no different. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

Pokémon movie - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

According to Bulbapedia, The Pokemon movie Zoroark: Master of illusions is a gen four movie, based on the Diamond and Pearl series. This suggests that Zoroark, a gen five Pokemon, is in a movie set in gen four, which contradicts your statement. Do you have any evidence that disproves what I've said?? Any links or anything??

Also, according to bulbapedia, the movies Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Pokemon Ranger and the temple of the sea are set in the advanced generation series,which is gen three, and yet feature Manaphy and Lucario, gen 4 Pokemon.

So according to Bulbapedia, they have quite often featured Pokemon from the generation after the generation their movies are based on, and I believe it is the same with this new Pokemon movie.

Do you have any evidence that contradicts or proves that Bulbapedia's information regarding these movies are incorrect?? Is so, I would like to see it. Until then, I believe Bulbapedia's information is accurate, and gives no reason to assume that the new Pokemon movie is based in gen 6.

It's a Best Wishes movie. Whether it has gen VI pokemon in it doesn't matter, it's the BW cast. Movie 7 wasn't a DP movie because there was a Munchlax in it. The first movie wasn't some sorta GS related movie because a Donphan showed up in it. It has one or maybe a handful of pokemon from an upcoming generation; that doesn't mean it's based in that generation.

Regarding Sableye, Sure it is possible that Sableye could have an evolution that will feature in this movie, however, nothing is guaranteed, and shouldn't treat it as though it is set in stone just yet. Along with everything else, all we can do at this point is speculate.

It being in the previous generations anime series means nothing. It's still set in the sixth generation, like its predecessors were set in their upcoming generation.

Saying it is "set" in 6th gen is a poor choice of words. However, it is true that the last movie in a generation is used to promote Pokemon from the upcoming generation. Now there's nothing absolutely confirming a Sableye evolution, we can't say for sure it will happen until Game Freak says it will happen. But you can make a very strong case for it with the evidence we have now. It's not a Pokemon currently owned by Ash and co (and even if it was, that wouldn't outright deny a Sableye evolution anyway). It's not a Pokemon that has had any significance in a recent game. In fact, it's largely been forgotten since it was introduced in 3rd gen, and it could probably use a boost. So we have a movie used to promote 6th gen Pokemon, and a Pokemon appearing throughout the movie which has had no relevance in almost a decade showing up for seemingly no reason. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say that Sableye is likely getting an evolution for 6th gen.

Venator: ...that were both set in their actual generation and a part of the previous generation's anime series.

You need this.
It's a Best Wishes movie. Whether it has gen VI pokemon in it doesn't matter, it's the BW cast. Movie 7 wasn't a DP movie because there was a Munchlax in it. The first movie wasn't some sorta GS related movie because a Donphan showed up in it. It has one or maybe a handful of pokemon from an upcoming generation; that doesn't mean it's based in that generation.
A cameo in a movie is very different from being the central star of the movie.

Also, I agree Bolt.

Venator: ...that were both set in their actual generation and a part of the previous generation's anime series.

You need this.
A cameo in a movie is very different from being the central star of the movie.

Also, I agree Bolt.

I'm sorry, but you've confused me a little now. Re reading what you had wrote, you've been trying to say that the movie is 'set' in gen 6, however, you listed those movies and said that they were based on a generation, which featured a Pokemon from the next generation, exactly as I did.

This means you agree that those movies aren't set in the generation that the featured 'next generation' Pokemon is in, but the one before.

I don't understand how you assume this movie is set in gen 6, when like all the previous movies, it is set in a generation (5) that features a Pokemon from the next (6).

I hate to be a bother, but could you please explain to me once more, how you think this movie is set in gen 6, when you have given the same proof as I did that the movies are all based on the generations before the generation the 'featured Pokemon' is in?? Because what I am understanding here is that you just proved what I said to be true, and that this new movie isn't set in gen 6.

It's a borderline movie. Just like the Lugia, Lati@s, Lucario, Manaphy, and Zoroark movies. This happens all the time, it's not a new concept.

It's a borderline movie. Just like the Lugia, Lati@s, Lucario, Manaphy, and Zoroark movies. This happens all the time, it's not a new concept.

Yes. This movie will be the last generation 5 movie, which will feature a generation 6 Pokemon, which I believe makes quite a good transition from the last movie in this generation to the first movie in the next.

Staying away from the movie discussion, doesn't CoroCoro release on the 15th? How soon should we expect any leaks? I feel like the later the issue leaks the less information is in there. I'm not expecting anything more than what Smash revealed.

Back
Top Bottom