• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Oh, I remember people claiming he did, but I guess since his Twitter is private it's easy to make that up.

Still, I could see that happening regardless.

Oh, I remember people claiming he did, but I guess since his Twitter is private it's easy to make that up.

I have access to his tweets. He hasn't said anything about Pikachu being Fairy. Do you recall what time these rumors came up? =]

About the hiro thing:
Yeah if Pikachu gains a type that would be massive. The anime especially would need to work out how the hell ash just noticed it.
At corocoro:
Their biggest news stories have turned out true mostly, with the info being significant, and only the odd delay ruining the claim. Such a bold claim though...I dunno. At this point a second old region, another 150+ pokemon this gen total or surprise motherfuckers! sound type fits it. Maybe if the sheer abundance of new info is huge can fit too.

I have access to his tweets. He hasn't said anything about Pikachu being Fairy. Do you recall what time these rumors came up? =]

Right after E3 or so.

Oh , From Marketable Point of View , Its a Bad idea if Coro Coro reveal the Starter Evolution in there next Issue !
Because , Buyer might become less Excited About the game .
Therefore , Its a wise decision to keep Starter's Evolution a Secret until the game out .
That Way , People will be more excited about buying the Game to find out Starter Evolution .
Plue , Isn't it little fun to play without knowing You Starter's Evolution and finding out their evolution Yourself !

Right after E3 or so.
Yeah, then he said nothing. Unless Chrome is translating Pikachu into something other than pikachu. :p

@Mitch Chesman; There's no sound type. Boombusrt is normal, and Noivern isn't sound. Furthermore, they said that Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy, meaning that there's no room for a sound type.

Back on topic, yeah, the scoop of the century thing is kinda surprising. It's not right before X/Y come out, and it's not the last issue before XY come out, either. If it was, it wouldn't be too surprised; remember the "Master document"? No info that was earth-shattering; just a lot of it.

Last edited:

Plue , Isn't it little fun to play without knowing You Starter's Evolution and finding out their evolution Yourself !

Not for me. I wouldn't want to choose a starter based on it's first form and end up not liking its final form. This is one of the reasons I hope they reveal the evolutions soon.

Oh , From Marketable Point of View , Its a Bad idea if Coro Coro reveal the Starter Evolution in there next Issue !
Because , Buyer might become less Excited About the game .
Therefore , Its a wise decision to keep Starter's Evolution a Secret until the game out .
That Way , People will be more excited about buying the Game to find out Starter Evolution .

This makes absolutely no sense. If anything, showing the starter's evolution would only make buyers more excited... Unless the evolutions are very ugly.

And no, playing the game knowing how my starter will look like in the end is way more fun to me.

Silktree said:
We keep getting things confirmed from MageLeif's leak. I used to think that he at least lied about the second batch of rumors, but that isn't the case due to today's scoop about Goronda and the squids. Let's just say that it would be random if he lied about anything, because most of it has turned out to be real.

Silktree said:
I am not buying it, though. Sadly, neither MageLeif's rumors nor the description of the strategy guide hint at anything game-changing.

But we know for a fact that MageLeif mixed in fake information based on a claim that he himself made. And also, regarding the Strategy Guide, where are you getting the idea that the Amazon description is indicative of a lack of features? When they use the phrasing "From this to this," it means there are a lot of things in between.

Despite CoroCoro having lied before about promises of new information (most likely a case of Game Freak wanting them to keep Sylveon's type a secret), I don't see them lying this time around.

But we know for a fact that MageLeif mixed in fake information based on a claim that he himself made.
His friend made that statement, but he said that specifically in regard to the upside-down evolution, and yet now the squids make that part (which was the least believable one) seem likely.

And also, regarding the Strategy Guide, where are you getting the idea that the Amazon description is indicative of a lack of features? When they use the phrasing "From this to this," it means there are a lot of things in between.
I am just worried that the guide leaked Super Training (which I see as a minor feature if MageLeif was telling the truth about the EV facility) but not anything else. Last year, the vague descriptions of the B2W2 guides made the games look better than they actually were.

Despite CoroCoro having lied before about promises of new information (most likely a case of Game Freak wanting them to keep Sylveon's type a secret), I don't see them lying this time around.
Hopefully. I am just tired of raising my expectations only to be disappointed.

I like Team Flare. They remind me of the Turks from FFVII, and I'm intrigued to see what their plan is. The little blurb under them in CoroCoro wonders for what purpose they are trying to get money.

I'm not a huge fan of the cotton candy one, though I like it's in-game model much better than its official artwork. I like all the rest of the revealed pokemon, though.

No idea what this big scoop next month might be. I feel like Pikachu being retyped would be sufficiently big news, though I highly doubt that that is what it is. I would say it is most likely meaning a lot of information, perhaps some stuff about the story or new features. I don't think we'll be getting a whole lot more pokemon revealed, not more than four or five per issue. I also expect that they will leave the final starter evolutions, if they intend to reveal them before release at all, until the last batch of news.

I could definitely see the next issue containing the evolutions of the starters, more Fairy types and maybe some more information on the themes or storyline of the games. They could be overhyping it, which wouldn't surprise me, but I really would love to find out what the starters look like after evolving. It would help people decide which starter they want to choose.

It's one thing to choose a starter that you like knowing that you don't like it's final form than to choose a starter that you like and "be surprised" by an evolution you turn out to not want.

I think it would be too soon for CoroCoro to announce the starters' evolutions in August. I can see it happening in the issue released in October (since the first evolutions of the Gen V starters were announced in September 2010, the month B/W came out) or even in September.

I believe the "scoop of the century" will contain more details about the Kalos region as a whole (towns, routes, mountain ranges, caves, etc.) and characters-- content we saw very little of in this month's issue. Perhaps more details regarding "Super Training" and/or "visible IVs/EVs" will be announced next month as well.

I'm only 45-50% confident that CoroCoro will announce more pre/evolutions of past gen pokemon in the next issue, and much much less confident regarding old pokemon being retyped into Fairy. The magazine has disappointed us time and time again in the past when they teased about the contents of future issues.

They could announce the starters' first evolutions next month and the second evolutions in September or October.

I mean the starter evos are pretty important. But last gen I disliked the evos beside Samurott and still played the games with passion.

And I don't see them revealing the starters till September at least.

Next issue we should get huge information my guesses:
1. pre gen VI evos
2. something gameplay changing (maybe +8 gyms depending which game U play).
3. some incredible trading feature or pokemon transfer future.
4. Anime stuff(there are people who still like it :)))) )

I just heard something that seems to be possible what if team Flare isnt the only evil team in the Kalos region doesnt it seem odd to anyone how they are in only RED which is the color associated with Y!

It's not that there lying, it's just that there overhyping. I don't think that there's going to be no information at all, but that there's going to be nothing game changing. Probably like 10 new pokemon or so. They said "scoop of the century;" that could mean that they're just giving us a lot of new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom