• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I can't find myself getting hyped for the flying feature at all, because I know it will simply be removed from the series after ORAS. However, that's what the "Fly" move should be - have it like how Bravely Default handles the airship autopilot; the game automatically takes you to locations, but if you wish you can either skip the journey (and just end up at the destination), or fly around by yourself.

So why weren't the other Gym Leaders and Elite Four shown off? Are they going to save them until November's issue (assuming it comes out before the game)?

These Mythical places sound a bit like Hidden Grottoes, only on steroids.

Are they going to save them until November's issue (assuming it comes out before the game)?

The games don't release until 21st (iirc), and Corocoro usually releases the 15th of each month, sometimes earlier depending on certain circumstances. So yeah, November's issue will be out before the game.

I'm genuinely disappointed that in the penultimate issue of CoroCoro before the games are released, the only new feature we've seen is a flying gimmick. I mean, ignoring the features from Ruby/Sapphire that have been re-introduced and tweaked/upgraded (like Secret Bases and Contests), there really hasn't been anything ground-breaking or new revealed. Maybe it's just because Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were pretty barren in comparison to Ruby/Sapphire, but I just can't help but feel an overwhelming "meh" at what we've seen so far.

I can't find myself getting hyped for the flying feature at all, because I know it will simply be removed from the series after ORAS. However, that's what the "Fly" move should be - have it like how Bravely Default handles the airship autopilot; the game automatically takes you to locations, but if you wish you can either skip the journey (and just end up at the destination), or fly around by yourself.

It does seem like a feature that will be exclusive to these remakes; at least for the time being, anyway. I can't see it becoming a direct replacement for the Fly HM, even in these games though it would be awesome if this new mechanic gives you the ability to land anywhere in Hoenn. It will probably only be accessible post-game anyway, once the Latis are catchable and with the Eon Flute being given as a key item.

Fly will remain a convenient way to get from A to B in seconds, while the new flying feature will probably be a more flashy and intricate way of getting around the map. If this is how it works, this is something that i'm certain every Pokemon fan has dreamed of being able to do for years! Who knows, maybe Game Freak will eventually make the Fly HM the best of both worlds just as you describe the feature in Bravely Default as being. Here's hoping!

ORAS really is just going to be Hoenn + Megas isn't it. I guess they've been pretty much saying this for months now with there being no news on really any other new features, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

This was a good issue, in my opinion. The return of Flying from Guardian Signs, to obtain Legendaries, no less, sounds pretty cool. Even though I already have pretty much all of the Legendaries, this is still pretty cool that they're trying to make them all obtainable in Gen VI. I'm guessing whatever we don't see will be in Z.

Mega Beedrill looks really cute to me for some reason, and I love Mega Pidgeot's design, as well.

And the May and Brendan chibis in this issue are just too cute!! X3

The flying feature sounds fun. As for the megas, they look okay. Pidgeot looks cool despite barely changing. Beedril is fine, but not one that I'd probably use that much if at all. The Eon duo still looks too similar for my tastes. They look almost the exact same color and the only thing that distinguishes them is their eye color. I personally would have preferred a larger color difference between the two.

So why weren't the other Gym Leaders and Elite Four shown off? Are they going to save them until November's issue (assuming it comes out before the game)?

I've said this before, but I don't think they're going to reveal the rest of them. Looking at the trailers, they only seemed to reveal them to show that, yes, gym leaders and elite 4 are a thing.

I'm genuinely disappointed that in the penultimate issue of CoroCoro before the games are released, the only new feature we've seen is a flying gimmick. I mean, ignoring the features from Ruby/Sapphire that have been re-introduced and tweaked/upgraded (like Secret Bases and Contests), there really hasn't been anything ground-breaking or new revealed. Maybe it's just because Red/Blue and Gold/Silver were pretty barren in comparison to Ruby/Sapphire, but I just can't help but feel an overwhelming "meh" at what we've seen so far.

You're going to be even more disappointed with the Sinnoh remakes. DPPt were the largest games in the series (or at least they felt that way to me) and they were the first 'content-complete' ones in the sense we haven't had significant changes to gameplay since. (Fairies excluded)

I'd be interested to read the wishlist thread after the games are released. If I remember correctly, I don't think we were hoping for too much extra (apart from a post-game which was always unlikely), just hoping that GF wouldn't mess up.

Okay. I am hyped. Mega Pidgeot is probably one of the best Megas I've seen... yes, even better than Gallade or Rayquaza. Flying on Mega Eon Duo. So much yes. Oh, and the "Mythical Place". I never really thought I'd ever see a front view of Dialga... leaping. Looks like this island could be called "Trade Fodder Land". I'm trying to contain my excitement right now.

Finally something interesting was shown. Flying in the overworld is exactly the kind of surprise that I've been waiting for this entire time.

Forgot this was the penultimate issue before the games are released!

I only wish we had no idea about Mega Latios & Latias, then it'd of meant more.

Oh my God yes. I love Mega Beedrill and Pidgeot so much! Although No Guard is a pretty useless ability for Pidgeot outside of Hurricane (which isn't...horribly inaccurate. I mean 70% isn't bad enough to warrant No Guard just for it). But besides that it looks awesome. And Mega Beedrill looks awesome, and Adaptability is a great ability to give it more power! Poison Jab and X Scissor will go up to 160 BP!!!

Flying around Hoenn looks amazing, gotta be one of the coolest new additions yet! And ever legendary being available sounds epic and should provide a good start to a stronger post-game! Such happiness XD

I feel like these are gonna be a couple of the best Pokemon games ever. At least for me.

The absense of the Pokenav is far too worrying. I hope to god they didn't cut it out, cause it was literally the one thing I want the most to return. Of course GF cutting the pokedevice out of Gen 6 is telling that it was doomed from the start, but it still irks me. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Flying. I'm in the same boat with Josh. Its cool, but going back to HM02 flying is gonna hit me hard. Maybe a bit too much. Hopefully its just a testing ground for future games. Hell maybe even the reason the Lati are in XY is to patch in support for the feature later./wishful thinking.
Mega Beedrill and Mega Gohan kick ass. Best megas yet, as are all megas that look like evos. All gen 1 megas just work, more so then any other gen, except maybe 4.

Why is Diancie in the Zekrom cloud?

Interesting how the Mega Latios/Latias pages are labelled "∞ Scoop" instead of the usual "Mega Scoop."

Latios and Latias are known as Infinite Pokemon in Japanese.

Why hasn't anyone uploaded ANY of the scans in this thread?

This thread was locked until hours after the images were posted. I don't see why it even matters where they are posted as long as people know they are out.

You're going to be even more disappointed with the Sinnoh remakes. DPPt were the largest games in the series (or at least they felt that way to me) and they were the first 'content-complete' ones in the sense we haven't had significant changes to gameplay since. (Fairies excluded)

I'd be interested to read the wishlist thread after the games are released. If I remember correctly, I don't think we were hoping for too much extra (apart from a post-game which was always unlikely), just hoping that GF wouldn't mess up.

I just hope we don't get remakes of Diamond and Pearl. If Nintendo's current work on the Wii U Virtual Console is anything to go by, hopefully the next handheld will be powerful enough to just have Nintendo DS Virtual Console games (with online play rerouted to Nintendo Network).

This idea that there are even going to be Sinnoh remakes is just baffling. There's only one way a Sinnoh remake would happen and that is the next Nintendo handheld dropping backwards compatibility with the DS. Otherwise, it ain't happening. A Kanto remake isn't out of the question since FRLG were on the GBA but I think OR/AS is probably going to be the last remake. I don't think Game Freak would remake remakes and personally I don't want them to. They've had more than enough chances over the years to fix up Kanto and they haven't. Going by what we've seen of OR/AS, they have no interest in fixing their past mistakes. There's a reason why the majority of stuff seen in CoroCoro for OR/AS has been Mega Evolutions. It's because that's basically the majority of what's new. There's not much else to show off.

Back
Top Bottom