• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepy/Scary Pokedex Entries that you think are hardly talked about.

Kane

I am a God.
Reaction score
Title is self explanatory.
For me, it's Whiscash is Pokemon Y.
"It makes its nest at the bottom of swamps. It will eat anything - if it is alive, Whiscash will eat it."

Beautifly became one of my least favourite Pokemon because of its Pokedex entry. It freaking scares me! I'm so glad this thing isn't real!
'It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids.' - Pokemon Y

While Glalie is my favorite Ice type Pokemon, it's Sapphire Dex entry did scare me a bit.

"Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion.

Luckily that's the only Dex entry it has that was like that, but that would be still enough to make one wary of getting on Glalie's bad side (or make sure it wasn't really hungry).

Glailie's counterpart is quite creepy too:

"It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degrees F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey."

That dark, twisted habit is one of the reasons why I love Froslass :3

Frillish

Oh, so cute -
20101218012601%21592Frillish-Female.png

Not so cute - "They paralyze prey with poison, then drag them down to their lairs, five miles below the surface."

As if there wasn't already enough creepy stuff about Gardevoir, this is the Platinum dex entry:
To protect its trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole.

I'm guessing this is similar to Shadow ball, but whoops, it accidentally sucked in the universe!

Charmander dying if its tail is ever submerged in water. And you willingly bring it into Misty's gym... :'(

I'm not sure if this is the proper wording, but here goes: Kadabra's FireRed dex entry.

"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into a Kadabra."

I just finding it terrifying for whatever reason.

I also love how... casual it is about it. It just shrugs it off like its no big deal, really.

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey’s body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

Eughhhhh.

I'm not sure if this is the proper wording, but here goes: Kadabra's FireRed dex entry.

"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into a Kadabra."

I just finding it terrifying for whatever reason.

I also love how... casual it is about it. It just shrugs it off like its no big deal, really.

This is basically Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis... except the boy transforms into a superpowered fox.

Also, Staryu: "Staryu apparently communicates with the stars in the night sky by flashing the red core at the center of its body." What is it communicating with, and for what purposes?!

Drowzee's R/S/E:
If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that one of these Pokémon is standing above your pillow and trying to eat your dream through your nostrils
This implies that Drowzee can break into houses and eat dreams, unless it belongs to a Trainer of course...

Considering that Pokédex entries are mostly just lore/myths (a lot of them go as far as to contradict the Pokémon designs or stuff you get to see/know in the games), none of them are actually scary or creepy.

People probably mention these a lot, but I always find Haunter's some of the most...disturbing.

Victreebel's Yellow entry:
"Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all."
This is pretty much how pitcher plants eat in real life, but this description also reminds me of the Sarlacc from Star Wars.

I agree on Gorebyss and body fluids part. Leeches... :/ Also in addition to Haunter's creepy X entry, what about AS entry: "This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."

- Joltik, I like the Pokemon, I'm creeped out by ticks and parasites however. "They attach themselves to large-bodied Pokémon and absorb static electricity..."
- Stantler's Y entry: "The curved antlers subtly change the flow of air to create a strange space where reality is distorted."

Hypno, Kadabra etc are quite obvious. Also Phantump's dex entry even as it's more sad than creepy.

Beautifly is terrifying:
Y Pokedex entry: 'It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids.'

gourgeist's dex entries are a big part of why it's my favorite grass type

It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.
Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed.

the top one in particular, but I'm not about to not mention the other one, which is a tad unsettling as well and is definitely one of the better dex entries out there

how adorably sadistic <3

Now I am reminded of Haunter's Yellow Dex entry:

By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.

Now that's a deadly tongue.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom