• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P Girl...replacing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh....rb?

*Sighs* Rangerboard, a famous Power rangers message board. Someone told me Team Rocket was confirmed to come back, my question is if is true or not? I checked Pokeani, but even they don't know what's going to happen.

It's not confirmed yet. There was the keyrings with the D/P starters, Pikachu, Aipom and Meowth that hints at it but that is all.

I probalby wouldn't trust information that you find at a Power Rangers board. They probably just want the to come back.

*Sighs* Rangerboard, a famous Power rangers message board. Someone told me Team Rocket was confirmed to come back, my question is if is true or not? I checked Pokeani, but even they don't know what's going to happen.

I apologize I don't know what "RB" stands for.

Episode 1 旅立ち!フタバタウンからマサゴタウンへ!
        Setting off! From Futaba Town to Masago Town!

Episode 2 ピカチュウをさがせ!202番道路!
        Search for Pikachu! Route 202!

Episode 3 ライバルバトル!三対三!
        Rival Battle! 3 vs 3!

Episode 4 ポッチャマ対スボミー!ヒカリ初バトル!
        Pocchama vs Subomii! Hikari's First Battle!

Posted on pokeani.

Unless it means by first battle "first gym battle" then it is very likely that Satoshi is going to be main-characterish.

Blah.

There's still the question of Hikari's goal.

If she isn't doing Gyms, what did she become a trainer for? Unlike May, Hikari seems to like Pokemon, so she must already have a goal set out for her.

Ah. Hikari likes Pikachu and she's searching for one! Yes. Why would they be searching for one if Ash already had one?

=)

There's still the question of Hikari's goal.

If she isn't doing Gyms, what did she become a trainer for? Unlike May, Hikari seems to like Pokemon, so she must already have a goal set out for her.

And if she is going to be the main character....it really can't be for a goal like Takeshi's which doesn't really have anything at all that is shown as accomplishing the goal. All that has been shown is he has met a few breeders and had some discourse with them....but other than that, you can't really see any progress. So really, you have to have a concrete goal, or at least a goal that you can show concrete progress towards. Really the only possibilities there (unless D/P (game) introduces a whole new feature) are the contests or the gyms. And it will be really annoying if she does the contests. One can, of course, always hope that D/P has a Colosseum/XD-like storyline and that the storyline will be reflected in the anime.

Ah. Hikari likes Pikachu and she's searching for one! Yes. Why would they be searching for one if Ash already had one?

=)

There's always the possibility that Satoshi's Pikachu got lost on Route 202 and they're searching for one. But we won't really know until the summary/next episode thing comes out.

At least we know she has Pocchama. I like her already. That penguin is quite possibly the most adorable thing in all of existance. It's like a black hole of cute.

According to pokeani, the first episode (the two-hour special) will actually be the first three episodes of the series played one after the other.

Unless it means by first battle "first gym battle" then it is very likely that Satoshi is going to be main-characterish.

Blah.
Do you mean that if it is literally her first battle slated for the fourth episode, then it is not her rival who will be featured in the previous episode, but rather Ash's? Consequently, Hikari will not be the center of the series as promised by the current advertisements. Indeed, this makes life difficult for those of us who are trying to make sense out of all of this. I take comfort in the fact that even now Ash's position in the Diamond and Pearl has yet to be confirmed.

For the record, Battle of Pewter Gym was the fifth episode of the original series. The respective Advanced Generation episode was Zigzagoon and the Short-pantsed Boy! May's First Battle!.

Precedent for Gym battle episodes whose titles do not allude to the name of the Gym or its Leader, can be found in: "Abra! Psychic Confrontation" and "Haunter vs Psychic!".

I would have loved if Ash left and the new hero took over...maybe that's why I haven't felt the "umph" in Pokemon because Ash has that been there done that feel to him...with a new guy you'd get that new experience again.

Exactly. All we can hope for now is that Satoshi doesn't appear in the first episode and allows Hikari to gain her feet somewhat as a trainer before becoming her crutch.

*sighs* And we can also hope that she isn't just a replacement for Haruka that will just do super contests. Actually I hope that Satoshi does them ^^. After all he needs to gain more of a flair in his battling, and that could help him out. Now we can wonder who the other guy in the picture is. To me he looks older than Hikari and Satoshi.

Sorry for the not translating the text. The most important part is the line next to Satoshi which reads: "Satoshi appears in a new costume! Behind him is a girl that looks like the main character from D/P (referring to the games) and the figure of a mysterious man. What kind of journey will this turn into!?"

Oooh! I know. Hikari is Parukia and the other guy is Diaruga that's why they're superimposed behind them. Well, at the very least it's highly possible that Hikari is linked to Parukia and the other guy is linked to Diaruga.

Edit: some new information

KumoriKage said:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_dp/

Look. Now Takeshi is coming along too apparently.

And before y'all ask...there is no other information, all it says is "details will be updated after broadcast" or it's something that we've already seen.

Last edited:
I think that ridding Ash of the series would be pointless. After all, there would have been no point to have followed him all this time, if we never got to see him become a pokemon master, which, being that Pokemon IS loved by so many people, probably won't happen in long long time. I love Hikari, probably more than Misty or May, I think she's a strong character, and could easily take over the program altogether, but if that happens, what happens to Brock?

This thread is old, but I still can't help but see a parallel to current things. Here, we have something causing enough of a controversy that people threaten to leave the fandom. Although it may not be about the anime anymore, I still see this being said nearly every time a new English name is announced. Fast forward a few months, and now we see that this cast thing no longer matters. I hope that means that English D/P will also be vindicated.

Huh?

Does Hikari even have a dub name yet?(I want her name to stay the same, it's too pretty^^)

Hikari doesn't have a dub name yet, but she will. They're not going to leave her with the same name, they just don't do that in pokemon like they do in a bunch of other anime dubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom