• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

Which is better?

• Total voters
If you're going to answer this. Say WHY you like them. Remember. One word posts are spam.

Platinum hands down, because of the extra content like the battle frontier.

Platinum by far. There are more Pokemon, more features, and the game engine runs slightly better than it did in D/P. I think that the even minor changes in the story made it better too. Usually the third version is always better than the first two, but I still end up buying both. GameFreak owns my wallet.

Platinum... mostly because of the additions to storyline and such.

I've never played Diamond but I've completed Pearl and I'm almost at the end of Platinum. Pearl was good, and I was sad to have completed it so I saw Platinum as a new challenge, but sadly I found that it's basically the same game with a shinier cover. Of course there is some new features/things to do.
I've spent hours in the distorted Girantina world today, and captured it with a master ball. I found that whole thing boring, tricky and generally not adding to my enjoyment.

(In hind sight I could have just started a new game on Pearl and saved a lot of money)

So 'Pearl' Is the best in my opinion (haven't played Diamond)

Platinum. The features are better, I prefer a lot of the newer designs for the gyms and Amity Square and stuff, and I like how they expanded on the storyline without totally changing it.

Platinum.
All the new features have been added and everything just seemed...better.

Platinum, no questions asked. It has extra features, including new formes as well as the Battle Frontier making a comeback.

I like Platinum the most because it offers everything from D/P and MORE, plus you can catch both Dialga and Palkia, and the story is a little longer.

Oh and you got a VSRecorder :p

I've never played Diamond but I've completed Pearl and I'm almost at the end of Platinum. Pearl was good, and I was sad to have completed it so I saw Platinum as a new challenge, but sadly I found that it's basically the same game with a shinier cover. Of course there is some new features/things to do.
I've spent hours in the distorted Girantina world today, and captured it with a master ball. I found that whole thing boring, tricky and generally not adding to my enjoyment.

(In hind sight I could have just started a new game on Pearl and saved a lot of money)

So 'Pearl' Is the best in my opinion (haven't played Diamond)
If you had played Pearl before Platinum, your perspective would have changed. Platinum all the way!

I would definitely say Platinum, due to the fact that there's more Team Galactic in there!

Plus, I absolutely loved the Distortion World aspect of it. ♥

I'd have to say Diamond, because it's the only one out of the 3 I owned.
I can't afford to get every single game that comes out /=
Maybe sometime I'll get Platnuim.

Platinum, hands down. More features, more pokemon, more storyline detail, and better game refinement all help to make it the definitive version out of the 4th gen's inaugural trio.

Platinum without a shadow of a doubt! The third versions are always best... (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom