• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

Which is better?

• Total voters
Platinum without a doubt. I got Pearl first and I still think it's waaaaay more awesome

Pearl, simly because the color is awesome, and the name rocks!

Pearl was the first I gotten, and I had a blast playing it.

platinum. waaay more features and a lot more interesting imo. i got bored of diamond so it mustve been better.

I loved Platinum, but I couldn't finish it because I lost it. But that's be sides the point. I played Diamond first, Peral thrid. I voted for Diamond. It's just the best. Sure I loved catching a Houndour in whatever route that was, but Diamond won it.

Diamond will always hold a special place in my heart however Platinum is just better. I don't enjoy it as much, as of now (probably because I chose a Chimchar starter, which I do love though), but it's better.

Platinum was good, but what turned me off was how the GTS was buggy... not showing levels of the pokemon one bug ruined the game for me pretty much..

I'm going with Platinum. It has everything D/P have but more. I loved the little bit of extra story and video for Team Galactic.

I honestly got bored with Platinum.I LOVED Diamond but I think that's because it was new and Platinum is nearly identical to Diamond.

Platinum is much better IMO. It basically fixed a bunch of DP's little things that weren't very good, like being able to move back and forth on your Poketch, surfing speed, biking through routes, etc.

Platinum easily, as it isn't as slow as Diamond/Pearl, the regional Dex was good for its time, the Distortion World is amazing, the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Team Galactic and Cynthia are actually challenging, and the redesigned areas like Cynthia's room, Amity Square, Route 228 and Stark Mountain look so much better.

I would also say Platinum, the expanded Sinnoh Dex including Eevee, Togepi and most new evolutions... Fighting Fantina when you actually reach Hearthome makes more sense, else the gap from Eterna to Veilstone was too big. Distortion World was an interesting premise but an annoying puzzle, still quite nice for its era, just annoying to have to go through in replays.

Platinum. I like to be fast... Or at least not too slow. That, and the expanded upon mytho about Giratina, but mostly the speed.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom