• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you know? - Bulbapedia has a Tier List

I think martonimos meant deleting the actual tier list. THere's already the metagame terminology page to explain tiers.

Yes, that's what I meant. But I can see that a tier explanation page would be a little more in-depth that that page, so maybe it's worth having around. We should make it very clear, however, that we do not intend to have a list of who's in what tier anywhere on the site.

Well, we do have that already... so the question is, how in-depth do you want? And do you want a separate article for the tiers than the cluttered page we have now? I can go either way, I'm just trying to be specific.

i think a simple:
Uber
<explanation>

OU
<explanation>

etc..

meanwhile, on the giant list of metagame terminology, we can simply re-link to that page regarding respective tiers.
as for in depth, just the basics. explain how something gets into the tier and why it stays, and then give a few examples. i could probably do it myself if you dont want to bother.

I concur with leaving the mainspace article but deleting the list in the appendix. It's not as if we will even be able to keep a close track of it. Judging by the talk page, a lot of our contibutors don't even understand what tiers actually mean.

We can wait for another board member to weigh in if you want but I think there is already a solid consensus to remove it now.

blammo.
however, i do wonder, what do we call the page?
* Tiers
* Tiers (Metagame terminology)
* Competitive battling tiers
* List of tiers
* Tiers in competitive battling

im thinking "Competitive battling tiers"

Last edited:
blammo.
however, i do wonder, what do we call the page?
* Tiers
* Tiers (Metagame terminology)
* Competitive battling tiers
* List of tiers
* Tiers in competitive battling

im thinking "Competitive battling tiers"

Number 3 or Number 5, because the TCG has tiers as well.

Hopefully if the Battlewiki is set up, we'll have a new set of tiers completely different from Smogon's. It will be based on skill level and not usage. I've talked to Kittymew and he says that the list is almost complete.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom