• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you like Nando?

Marky~Mark

Reaction score
I was wondering does anybody like him:-/

I mean he appearened in like 5 episodes we barely saw him (wow a rival in 1 contest new record) and then he top 4'ed at grand festival. Would it have killed the writers to give him a few more episodes or to just never see his face again. I mean Kenny deserved to make top 4 more than he ever did. Mayby Kenny VS Dawn in top 4.

Re: Nando

Shouldn't this be in the anime forum?

Anyway, eh. Nando was okay, but nowhere near a favorite character of mine.

Kenny's character needed to lose in the appeals round, btw. It was for his character.

He's an okay character to me. I feel that he needed a more character development because I feel that he didn't get a lot of appearances compared to the other major characters.

I actually liked Nando, he wasn't as terrible as Kenny was. His design was kind of unique to me, sadly he didn't get more development, but whatever writers do what they want.

He wasn't a favorite character of mine but I found him intresting at least, I mean a guy who does both contests and gyms would have been a fun idea. Problem was, they just didn't have the guy appear more, he should have also dealt with Ash way more than he did. I mean he and Ash rarley even battled before the league =/

I thought Nando was quite a unique character, and it was nice to see someone who did both Gyms and Contests... I mean, come on, I bet if the Pokemon world was real they'd be plenty of people trying to do both.

But he was let down badly by his lack of appearances. I honestly thought he'd been dropped altogether when he didn't appear during the Wallace Cup.

He was a good idea for a character, although it would have been way better if he made more appearences.

Out of the 5 main DP coordinators (Dawn, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, and Nando) he was my favorite. As a musician his coordinating style really appealed to me. He also opened the door for the concept of characters who do both gyms and contests. It seems that alot of things happened with this character but the development.

Nando was fine. I didn't mind him at all really.

I still wonder what the point of Kenny's character was though. He just seemed thrown in there for shipping.

He was nothing special, a bit annoying with that big harp and that positive attitude.

Nando was a good concept with poor execution. I still found him enjoyable though. A lot more than that whiny Kenny.

Nando I think represents, as some already said, what a lot of people would do if Pokemon were real. I can see many people being drawn to both Contests and Gyms and trying both. Of course we'd also have purists who only believe in doing one or the other.

I saw a what could've been a nice little subplot. We saw how Zoey reacted to people who do both Gyms/Contests, it could've been expanded a bit more. Someone like Paul or Barry or even Conway could've questioned Nando's motives. Maybe we could've actually seen what Nando's motives for doing both were. It would've given more character development and appearances which would have made Nando even more favorable.

actually, i really liked him. i liked how calm and... *awkward* he was. :p

the only thing i didn't like was his team. not his whole team, just a few members. his roselia/roserade reminded me too much of drew's roselia/roserade. he should have kept it as a budew. also, his lopunny, what a shame. dawn should have been the one showcasing lopunny, not nando.

You know I thought Nando's Lopunny was an excellent debut with the whole ballet type thing he had going against Zoey. And that still doesn't mean Dawn can't have one. Although I would think a Gardevoir would have suited him better in that role.

i just wonder why the writers chose lopunny over other pokémon.

dawn's buneary, which by the way should have evolved, should have been the one on stage dancing and all (as a lopunny), not nando's.

You know I thought Nando's Lopunny was an excellent debut with the whole ballet type thing he had going against Zoey. And that still doesn't mean Dawn can't have one. Although I would think a Gardevoir would have suited him better in that role.

Kirlia would be an even better choice.

He was a good idea for a character, although it would have been way better if he made more appearences.
Basically this. That's not to say I have wanted him to appear as often as Paul since I doubt his character has that much lasting value, but more appearances than what he got woudn't have hurt.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom