• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

do you hide your passion for pokemon?

DO YOU HIDE THAT YOU PLAY

• Yes no one must know!!!

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I only tell my friends/other fans

Votes: 106 39.4%
  • I talk about it once in a while and most people know it play

Votes: 79 29.4%
  • IM A LOUD AND PROUND FAN OF POKEMON TO EVERYONE!

Votes: 61 22.7%

• Total voters
I just talk about it when there aren't anymore things to discuss. Many of my friends know this, and they play it too, so I guess they're fine with it.

I'm hiding anything!
I guess almost everyone knows I'm such a huge Pokéfan! Well, I have a lot of Pokémon stuff (like my phone has a Lickilicky hanging around, sometimes I wear Poké Ball -earrings or a Raikou shirt and so on) and I'm talking about Pokémon with my friends pretty loudly. <3
Yesterday I just kept a talk about Pokémon to my classmates and they took it very well :)
And yeah, I'm 17.

I tend to get away with it, since I'm an Animation student. lol

I won't go around in public talking about it all day. In fact, if you didn't know me and you saw me on the streets, you'd probably think I'm a normal teenager. I do, however, sometimes sit with friends nowadays and play the games/draw Pokemon-related doodles in the hallway while waiting to go into class and then a discussion starts up. But generally, friends and family don't care.

My parents have supported my interests since day one. They're all "you and your Pokemon" because they know it's something constantly that I have on my mind. My dad has gotten me a Bulbasaur plushie to my surprise and I love it! Anyways, at school with my friends who are top of the line awesome, know that I love Pokemon (although the day I brought my Bulbasaur to school for Halloween Safe Night where I was cosplaying as Ash, my friends took my Bulbasaur, molested it, and gave it a mustache to make it a male). No one has really said any jokes, actually. In fact, a couple of kids in my chemistry class (we're talking guys who are jocks) are Pokemon fans. One of them even brought in a Blastoise coloring page he had been coloring.

Then my brother and his friends are, just like my parents, saying "you and your Pokemon". A playful little statement. XP

So, no, I don't hide it, don't need to.

yes and no, All my friends know but I dont come right out and tell people

Not really.

I don't talk about it constantly, but I don't keep it a secret so no one knows.

If someone finds out that I like it, and they make fun of me for it, that's their prerogative.

Them not liking it won't stop from me from liking it.

No. I mean, I have my mew keychain hanging out of my pocket, and if someone asks what im doing I wont lie about it. :d

I used to, but then towards the end of high school when Platinum and then HG/SS were coming a lot of my friends got back into it. And now in college I was just straight up about it with my girlfriend and now she plays, too, and so do a ton of my friends.

I keep it a secret... I have no friends at school, and I can't handle anyone hating me for it.

Well, it's not like I hide it. But I don't go around just telling people for no reason. If it comes up in the conversation, then it does.

It's funny, from what people have said, there's been the general trend of it being cool when you were kids, then in your teens it was something shameful, then in college it's awesome again. I imagine its because when you get to college, your finally in the situation you used to dream about when you were a kid.
"Yeah, if I was by myself, I would play pokemon all the time, stay up late, and eat tons of junk food!"
And so we do.

On that note: Awkward Zombie weighs in on the matter.

I talk about it often, and actually managed to influence one of my friends to start playing. I usually keep to myself about it, however.

This reminds me yesterday my sister was being a bitch to me like she allwese am.

Well she told me she took something in my room so my first action was to go to my money and found it all there then i checked my DS case and saw my poke-walker was gone.

So then she show it to he friend saying how much of a nerd i was and i try to hide it from every one and he said "Dude you know i play pokemon too?"

The look on her face was priceless as hse thinks pokemon is a childs game but know barely anythign about it.

I don't hide it if it somehow comes into a conversation. And it doesn't really bother me if someone makes fun of it, either. Pretty much anyone who does knows jack about the franchise. They've only ever watched the anime years back so it's not like they got anything to back up that the Pokémon games are childish.

People in my school knew that I played Pokémon.... I used to get teased about it.
I may talk about it sometimes with my friends. Now it's my friends who get teased for playing it. I have a Pokemon bag I rarely use because it would be so embarrassing just to wear it. >_< And you know being a teenager most people think Pokémon is for kids.. But I don't go randomly up to people and go 'Hello! I like Pokémon!!'. However I tend to talk about my favourite topics to other people if I've just met them or whatever, usually I start ranting on about Pokémon.. not all the time though I mean usually I'd start off, what's your interests they say what they like then I say what I like and I'd say I like Pokémon, the other person would say they don't like then I won't talk about it... however I can't stop this so in the end I end up having a conversation about Pokémon even if they don't like Pokémon. I had a Japanese exchange student a few months ago, my mum showed the student around the house and she showed the student my room, and my mum was like 'Look Pokémon stickers! Pikachu skateboard. She loves Pokémon and animé, look animé poster!!' I was thinking to my self.. oh dear arceus! I said to be quiet, later on the student spotted Sgt.Keroro posters on my door, then she was like Keroro! My friend likes Keroro! The most embarrassing thing ever. Just because someones Japanese it does not mean they like Pokémon! >O

I don't go advertising it, but if someone asked if I liked it, I wouldn't lie. No-one I know would really be into it as far as I can tell, so it never gets bought up.

Hell, for all I know we could all feel the same way and all be playing HG/SS until the middle of the night, and all never mentioning it to anyone else.

People can't miss it; I'm always talking about it and I'm always arguing with modern APers about it ^_^

HAY GUIZ I LIEK POKEMON

That, my friends, is not me. I'd only ever say it if asked, but I'm far from ashamed on the subject. It would simply be strange to introduce yourself by going, "Hi! My name's [blank]! I like Pokemon!"

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom