• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does X and Y come with another region?

Aamir

Adventuring through Kalos
Reaction score
At the end of the Kalos map, there is a bridge. Maybe that leads to another region like Hoenn or Kanto? And the game is huge, maybe because it has an extra region?

I doubt that we'll be going to another region. While another region would help to make the post-storyline content more interesting, I'd prefer to revisit Hoenn through R/S remakes. Kalos being connected to Kanto through a bridge would be kind of odd. With the Kanto starters possibly being available, I'm not sure if that makes the idea of revisiting Kanto more of a possibility or not, but I'd rather Kalos being large enough to the explore on its own like Sinnoh was. I'd prefer something like the Sevii Islands, except maybe a bit bigger, where we can go after we defeat the Elite 4.

Yes a new region inspired by Corsica would be nice instead of the old region since that would be unjustifiable.

Nothing full region scale. Any old regions would be shit like GSC Kanto, and with anything new you wouldn't be able to get the same experience as you do starting out in a region. Something like Sinnoh's Battle Zone only one that didn't suck would be great to give something to do post game. All that could be done through DLC though, so I'm really not betting on anything when the game's released.

Personally, no, I don't want another region to be visited.

GSC's Kanto was surprising and pleasant at the time, but because of the remaining space constrictions, it had to be seriously watered down. Same with HGSS, even though it was a major improvement over GSC's Kanto. Sevii Islands were merely a means as a way obtaining other Pokemon unavailable in Hoenn and Kanto, and its inclusion made sense and was necessary.

But to introduce another region now would not make much sense. There's no point to it. Kalos looks a big enough region to keep us very preoccupied, we do not necessarily need another region to complete the game. And frankly I want Kalos to be the main center of attention, not another region to be visited post-game. The only way I can think of having another region would be to obtain other Pokemon unavailable elsewhere, although this may only be likely if Game Freak still cannot figure out how to make backwards compatibility work. Although if they did that, then I'd rather they just did it like the Nature Preserve from BW2.

Although some of those Hoenn Pokemon are getting harder and harder to obtain as the Gens pass. Here's hoping they do RSE remakes then.

With the ability to search for any pokemon in the GTS, a new area simply for other Pokemon doesn't make too much sense. You'll be able to trade with people like me who transfer most of their pokemon up just in case.

I think there is a moderately high possibility of X&Y having two regions. Perhaps the train line leads to Unova? Or something like that? I am not sure if I like the idea, though, because the Kalos region might suffer from underdevelopment if Game Freak decided to put two regions in the new games. Still, I think most people would love two regions in a single game again, after all they love GSC/HGSS, even with the tons of flaws those two games have. Also, very often I see people saying that those two aforementioned games are the best in the franchise for their high "amount of content". You know, maybe the "scoop of the century" to be revealed in this month's CoroCoro is the related to another region in the game?

Honestly I don't think the map points to anything. Remember when everyone believed BW2's Unova would link to another region, and people were going by that the ice was covering up possible paths, or comparing it to Sevii's maps? In the end there was no other region, except for the Nature Preserve but part of no other region. Just because there is a bridge leading off from Kalos (also I must be blind but, where is the bridge in question? I can't find it), or a heavy cloud cover on the south east portion, does not mean it will lead to another region.

I hope not. On the surface, it seems like a great thing to do, but the problem is that with multiple regions is that you have to take the same amount of content that you would normally allot to one region and divide it among the multiple regions. It doesn't double the content like people want it to, it just takes the same amount of content and divides it into pieces. This is something I don't want to happen again, it'd be much more worthwhile overall if they stuck with one fully developed region per game instead of shoehorning several shallower ones.

I sincerely doubt there will be an extra region to explore afterwards. The second region becomes terribly simple, and honestly there is no real point. It's effective enough to just give us post game content in the current region itself, or even allow us to travel to a close island or two.

I see no reason why we need a second, underdeveloped region, when post game content would be sufficient enough.

I much prefer the idea of a second region as opposed to other boring/useless post game content. I don't get why so many are against it. Actually, there's not really anything that could make me happier with XY other than this happening. Of course it's not as fleshed out as the main region, that's why it's post-game. What's not to love about it? IMO anyway.

I much prefer the idea of a second region as opposed to other boring/useless post game content. I don't get why so many are against it. Actually, there's not really anything that could make me happier with XY other than this happening. Of course it's not as fleshed out as the main region, that's why it's post-game. What's not to love about it? IMO anyway.

The fact that the region would be too plain and simple, so much so that there's barely a point. I'm unaware how going to a second region and just collecting another 8 gym badges with no story behind it is more exciting than post game content (although a second region would be post game content, and not a very exciting one) that actually gives you something different to do. A second region would be much more useless than post story content. I honestly don't see what there is to love about having a second region accessible, unless it's as exciting and adventurous and story fulfilled as the first, but to each their own.

Considering Kalos was based of France and Kanto, Hoenn, Jotho and Sinnoh are all based of different areas of Japan it seems rather unlikely there's a bridge connecting them.
It could be a bridge to a new zone, perhaps not an entirely new region but just a little hidden area off the map... or Unova...then again the distance between New York and France is also too big to have a bridge between them, things could be different in the Pokèmon World.

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone wants the post-game of every single new game to have a second region (or all of the regions for that matter), people demanded this before BW1 was released, and then did the same before BW2 was released. I think it's because they're nostalgic for the Gen 2 post game which had you go to Kanto, and wish to have the same nostalgic effect with the other regions, that's what I think.

As for me, I like it better when the post game DOESN'T have another region, especially one with more gyms, because it feels more like a chore to do rather than something enjoyable.

Personally, no, I don't want another region to be visited.

GSC's Kanto was surprising and pleasant at the time, but because of the remaining space constrictions, it had to be seriously watered down. Same with HGSS, even though it was a major improvement over GSC's Kanto. Sevii Islands were merely a means as a way obtaining other Pokemon unavailable in Hoenn and Kanto, and its inclusion made sense and was necessary.

But to introduce another region now would not make much sense. There's no point to it. Kalos looks a big enough region to keep us very preoccupied, we do not necessarily need another region to complete the game. And frankly I want Kalos to be the main center of attention, not another region to be visited post-game. The only way I can think of having another region would be to obtain other Pokemon unavailable elsewhere, although this may only be likely if Game Freak still cannot figure out how to make backwards compatibility work. Although if they did that, then I'd rather they just did it like the Nature Preserve from BW2.

Although some of those Hoenn Pokemon are getting harder and harder to obtain as the Gens pass. Here's hoping they do RSE remakes then.

I agree with you, the Kanto in GSC was watered down to the point of in-name-only because of technical limitations at the time, though I dissagree with HG/SS, as they managed to be able to do all they couldn't do with the original games. The Sevii Islands were indeed created for that reason, but I felt like they could have added much more substance to them. Overall, a second region (even a small one) in X/Y is unnecessary.

Not to mention, a second region means that the levels of all opponents (Trainers, Gym Leaders, Wild Pokemon) all have to be watered down to make sure the levels of Trainers/Gym Leaders/Wild Pokemon in the second traverseable region aren't too high. This is what really made Heartgold irritating for me. (It makes catching new Pokemon a burden since they'll likely be underleved by the time you can catch them, and it made training for Gym Battles and Red take forever)

There's no reason for most of the Gym Leaders to only have 2-3 Pokemon or for the last Gym Leader to have Pokemon with levels in the late 30s with the Elite Four's levels hanging around the 40s. But it had to be done so that Kanto wouldn't have, like lv70-80 Pokemon used by the Leaders when you go to challenge them.

It just really burdensome in my opinion, so it's probably just best to stick with one region. Kalos looks nice enough to be able to keep us busy and interested without the need for another region.

It doesn't just affect the post game region, it affects both. Look at Johto in GSCHGSS. It's incredibly small, smaller than Unova was in BW1, and almost as linear. There's very little depth to the region, not as much to explore as other regions. Now imagine if Johto had been given a game to itself, and how much more interesting the region would be if it weren't shackled to Kanto. It's a waste of potential.

It doesn't just affect the post game region, it affects both. Look at Johto in GSCHGSS. It's incredibly small, smaller than Unova was in BW1, and almost as linear. There's very little depth to the region, not as much to explore as other regions. Now imagine if Johto had been given a game to itself, and how much more interesting the region would be if it weren't shackled to Kanto. It's a waste of potential.

I completely disagree. HG/SS are my favorite games and there is nothing I would want added to them to make them more interesting. It excels in areas where all of the other games have lacked and IMO a big reason for that is the second region. I think it's just a different preference of how the game is played.

Since Kalos has three sections (West, Central, East), it would appear that it might be bigger than before. I don't quite see a new region waiting post-game.

Thanks for reading.

I hope not. Having another region post game takes away from the main game plot and the focus of the new region, imo. Besides, Kalos seems so big on its own. I don't think we'll be traveling to another one.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom