• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does X and Y come with another region?

Gonna go against the masses and say Kanto is gonna likelxt be the region IF they do it. Kanto starters, memtwo formes, and a possible fairy retype for pikachu, all work in giving us connections to the place. But cause new players would be confused on what this Kanto region thes Kanto starters come from GF would include it. If not, then expect Kanto sometime within the gen.

You guys, it can always just be DLC to another region. Like they only sell Kanto for $15 on the eShop as DLC. I'd love that.

$15 dollars for another region, especially a pre-existing one, is really expensive...

Gonna go against the masses and say Kanto is gonna likelxt be the region IF they do it. Kanto starters, memtwo formes, and a possible fairy retype for pikachu, all work in giving us connections to the place. But cause new players would be confused on what this Kanto region thes Kanto starters come from GF would include it. If not, then expect Kanto sometime within the gen.
I'd see the most likely reason for Kanto to be included postgame Kalos is as a cop out of FRLG remakes. RSE take precedence over that, and we don't really know if we can expect FRLG to be getting a remake this gen just so we don't get crowded out with remakes. Throwing Kanto in either post Kalos or post Hoenn would kinda quell that need.
$15 dollars for another region, especially a pre-existing one, is really expensive...
They know we'd still buy it. At least it's not like the majority of shitty DLC where they charge you $3 for an alternate costume. It's something that actually enhances the game.

A past region, like Hoenn or Kanto?
No. Save it for the remakes so it can have more space.
A bite-sized region that is given out as DLC after the game comes out, making use of the extra space left over from the main game, with maybe 2 minor towns and a big city with an incredibly addictive and fun game or useful items?
Sure.

How many times can we remake Kanto, there's a way to enjoy the Kanto region in FR / LG / HG / SS. 4 Games over Two Gens. 5th Gen in a way try into copy the Kanto feel.

Like every one is saying Hoenn Region is the most likely to happen if they were to add that.

I completely disagree. HG/SS are my favorite games and there is nothing I would want added to them to make them more interesting. It excels in areas where all of the other games have lacked and IMO a big reason for that is the second region. I think it's just a different preference of how the game is played.

What do you think GSCHGSS added that other regions lacked?

You guys, it can always just be DLC to another region. Like they only sell Kanto for $15 on the eShop as DLC. I'd love that.

I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before. Cramming an entire game's worth of content into a DLC pack is completely unfeasible, DLC packs are usually smaller, more along the lines of the Battle Zone in DPPt or the Sevii Islands in FRLG.

How many times can we remake Kanto, there's a way to enjoy the Kanto region in FR / LG / HG / SS. 4 Games over Two Gens. 5th Gen in a way try into copy the Kanto feel.

BW2 style sequels would help make re-remakes more worthwhile.

Judging from the size of Kalos and everything else that's gone into the game...I highly doubt this is likely. They'd probably have to make any revisited region tiny to fit, depending on how much space the main game takes up, and what's the point of going to another region for maybe an hour or two of additional content? Like others have said, dedicate the whole game to the new region itself instead of trying to divvy up the chip's space between different regions. I'd prefer a B2W2-style sequel for a past region than having it tacked on as little more than an afterthought.

I feel with the news of Pokemon: The Origin this thread and topic needs revival. For me at this point, Kanto is a certainty waiting to be revealed by the end of September. As I mentioned, the spark for my new found certainty is P:TO.
First and foremost is justifying its existence. Its promotional material for XY. That much we know. So then, why advertise the games with an old plot? Certainly not to advertisn thn in game giving of the starters, and it sounds trivial to have it just as a platform for mega evos.
So then, why advertise XY with kanto? Because its in the games. The way I see it, is like this. Re-establish the canon through a special. This allows the inclusion of Megas in Kanto without screwing up the canon TOO badly. End the special with a time lapse that confirms a certain number of years passing till XY. Then take it from there in game. Things like mewtwo and such can be handled much easier in this case.

maybe the bridge leads to an area that si only fully accessible through event for one of the (theoretical) new legendaries... or something to do with megapokemon

I pray for a new location something like the Battle Frontier and Pokémon World Tournament that on an island that needs the bridge to get there. That would be good, or at least islands few more than Sevii Islands in Gen 3

I would be indifferent towards another region, but would really question the overall necessity of the inclusion of such, as long as it isn't a past region or anything like that, I suppose. But I do agree with @Our Guardian Sylveon, something like the Sevii Islands being included would definitely be nice. n_n

I doubt it tbh and I would prefer it not to really, keep old regions to remakes!

I can't see Kalos being connected to any of the previous regions. Based solely on the map designs of the six regions, the one it could best fit would be north of Johto, but Johto is the least likely since it is already connected to Kanto. That basically means there would have to be three regions condensed into one game which I'm sure would be a nightmare for everyone involved. Of course looking at the Kalos map, I don't see any convincing bridges that caused this speculation about a second region to begin with so in my opinion it's all moot anyways.

Well, how charming. Masuda confirmed that there is no second region. Only post-game-exclusive Kalos areas. He also went on to say that Kanto was only added in Gold and Silver as a form of post-game content and that they now prefer including said post-game content in the new region (what that really means is that they prefer giving us less post-game content). Basically, you can expect every new pair of games to be one region from now on. Potential remakes, third versions, and sequels might be different, but it's hard to say due to the above.

Last edited:
Well, how charming. Masuda confirmed that there is no second region. Only post-game-exclusive Kalos areas. He also went on to say that Kanto was only added in Gold and Silver as a form of post-game content and that they now prefer including said post-game content in the new region. Basically, you can expect every new pair of games to be one region from now on. Potential remakes, third versions, and sequels might be different, but it's hard to say due to the above.

Thank you Masuda! Nice to know they agree with my stance on multiple regions.

I believe it is a good thing, having each game stick to one region. Having a second region available isn't a great idea, unless they decide to give the second region the same amount of attention as the first.

the post-game kanto was kinda watered down. id prefer a one-region game as long as there is plenty to do post game (i think they did a good job with that in gen 5)

While going to Kanto in G/S/C was cool, at the same time it was boring and meh. There was barely anything to do but to defeat the Kanto Gym Leaders, if a future game has an extra region in the post game they better add alot more content than just defeating the Gym Leaders of that region.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom