• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I loved that woman who was nodding to his every word. What. An. Idiot.

It did give me a good laugh though :lol:

Are you planning on getting the new CD with the new opening as soon as it comes out so you can get the lyrics?

I mean, did you *see* the people in the audience? Their eyes were just glazed over. They were allowing themselves to be brainwashed.

ii kanji said:
I loved that woman who was nodding to his every word. What. An. Idiot.

Still... if they didn't know any better and they knew no, or barely any, knowledge of this "mysterious" series, I'm not surprised that they just accepted what he said as fact. Especially since they're at a church and he's a preacher.

(I mean, I'm not justifying what that guy was saying- he was looking way too far into the series or happened to come in contact with people who take Pokemon way to seriously- I'm just saying...)

(I mean, I'm not justifying what that guy was saying- he was looking way too far into the series or happened to come in contact with people who take Pokemon way to seriously- I'm just saying...)

The preacher doesn't understand the underlying friendship theme the show actually has.

And if Ash stops people who are stealing Pokemon and trying to take over the world. And yet somehow Ash is still satanic, I mean how does that make sense?

One thing I hate about religious fanatics, is the fact they think they can speak for God themselves.

Religious Fanatic: Oh no the creature has magical powers, it must be the devil, burn it to hell!

And yet no one stops to think that maybe God gave that creature those magical powers. Especially time and time again in the show has always stated that Pokemon aren't evil and only the trainers are. Pokemon are just creatures that live alongside Humans. Even real life creatures could be synonymous with Pokemon. The electric eel for example lives in the water and is capable of shocking its prey with its electrical charge, and yet the Relgious fanatics aren't trying to burn every electric eel, or how about all those animals that have toxins, and can kill you with a single bite.

But the bible says God created all creatures and man. So why should Pokemon be any different? There's no proof that these are evil spirits summoned by evil sorcerers. The Poke ball is simply a highly advanced technological object capable of capturing Pokemon. And yet Churches aren't burning technology, they use projectors, speakers, cameras and so forth.

Seriously it's just so mind boggling that these preachers presume to know everything about a subject and can actually weigh God's opinion on the matter. Geez that should've been a commandment.

Commandment number 11: Do not presume to know what God's opinion is on a subject.

Hey Dogasu, you forgot one of the biggest mistakes in the Diglett episode--when the dam coordinator throws the papers up in the air, not a single one of them comes back down.

Also, are dams a big problem in Japan or something? In Sinnoh we got the episode about the dam that sunk a town, apparently really fast (the school still had stuff in it and all that).

It's not the only time I've seen the story concept of "construction of a dam interferes with the ecosystem" show up in Japanese popular culture. It was part of the plot to the third Gamera movie, Gamera vs. Gaos. (Which I only saw courtesy of "Mystery Science Theater 3000". "Hey, could you get the subplot off the road, please?")

Such a great comparison, and amazingly more in-depth than the original. I had no idea all this "fourth" stuff was a runner throughout the entire episode, and once again, I learned a little more about Japanese culture (ochakuze, "keta ga chigau", the Zero Zero One-derful reference, etc.). I'm a little bummed that you didn't mention any of Musashi-tachi's kabuki sequence, though - I know it was part of your original comparison, but I was hoping to see you expand on it a bit.

Also, I think you're right about the show trying to mislead the viewers into thinking Satoshi-tachi might actually be naked in the hot spring - first time I saw this episode, that's what I thought too (you only see the guys from the waist up, and Kasumi's wearing this strapless thing; what else is it supposed to look like?). It's a good example of what the writing staff of "The Simpsons" would call a "screw-the-audience" joke.

Oh, and hurray for Volume 8 of Pokémon Special! I'm hooked on this series now, ever since I started collecting the reprints in June, and I'm quite pleased to see they'll be going forward with the Gold and Silver saga.

Jesse GS the II said:
I'm a little bummed that you didn't mention any of Musashi-tachi's kabuki sequence, though - I know it was part of your original comparison, but I was hoping to see you expand on it a bit.

Well, the reason I removed it from the newer version is because I didn't feel like it was needed. I mean, most of us have enough of a familiarity with kabuki that we can tell that the evolution of Dogas and Arbo was inspired by it.

If they had done more with it, then I would have probably explained more. But it's such a quick scene that didn't really have anything that would confuse your average viewer. So, I didn't bother.

I will, but it won't be this week or anything; I'm devoting this weekend to Final Fantasy XIII :D

I forgot about FF 13, thanks for reminding me!
on topic, ok thanks.
Oh and Did you ever do a comparison for Mewtwo's Origin? The part 4kids stupidly cut out? Is there anything even good enough for a comparison?

Last edited:
I thought the same thing, but none of the dictionaries I used had that definition. They all had インスト as an abbreviation for インストレーション.

I appreciate you going out of your way to update on Christmas, Dogasu. Interesting interview all round. Particularly learned about the GB's channels for audio. Thank you, and keep up the all round good work.

The satanic Pokemon vid was a treat, the Diglett comparison was a delight but Christmas' post was a dream come true!

Now that's what I'm talking about! Real interviews!

Thank you!:unworthy:

Now I worry if the Ho-oh music is classic enough... :banghead:

Also awaiting to get my hands on the Kanto badges next year. "Ending" ought to be good.
I'll keep myself in suspense!:sweatlol:

There's one thing that bothers me in the Diglett episode comparision.

Important Characters: Kantoku (???)

Namely this.

"Kantoku" isn't a personal name. It simply means "director". It's a title. This makes it seem like it was his personal name.

And since he didn't have a personal name in Japanese in the first place then I think it's useless to list him at all.

Maxim Menschevick said:
"Kantoku" isn't a personal name. It simply means "director". It's a title. This makes it seem like it was his personal name.

And since he didn't have a personal name in Japanese in the first place then I think it's useless to list him at all.

The character is listed as カントク in the TV anime comics (those books that take screenshots from the TV show and arrange them into a comic). Since his name is written out in katakana, I assume that's supposed to be his name; if that was just supposed to be his title, it probably would have been written out in kanji (監督).]

I mean, if you can accept ジュンサー and ジョーイ as names, then you should have no problem accepting カントク.

Last edited:
And I was thinking 'em predictions were going to come out in February!

Ah anyway, I just wanted to know you beat me.

@ Dogasu
I think that in the TV series, Satoshi will get the rest of his badges and Hikari will get the rest of her Contest ribbons. I don't think we'll see the Grand Festival or the Shin'ou League just yet, but I do think we'll see the Ginga-Dan storyline wrapped up.
Then came my noobiness...

@ MasterTrainer 02-12-2009, 02:02 AM Post #433
Now I predict we will see that Ash will be in the Sinnoh League by Christmas.:bounce:
Sorry Dogasu but I think they will go beyond just the Spear Pillar thing.

And then... in 2010...

@ Dogasu
Satoshi and Hikari have seven badges and four ribbons respectively, so that part was off the mark. Though really, who could have predicted that we'd only get one Gym Battle the entire year?

Still, we at least got to see the Ginga-Dan stuff wrapped up. So that's something.
You got me this time, BUT there's always next time...

Wait a sec... I have the version of Kaze no Message with the DVD, yet
Ambipom's position is where it is on the regular version.

Anyway, that's cool that you're updating the CD guide. ^^ Just one of those aspects of the franchise not as many sites cover as there should be.

I have the version with the DVD as well, but it's in storage in America at the moment so I can't access it. So I couldn't double-check and had to rely on what Amazon.co.jp had up.

But all I'd have to do to fix things is switch the two images around, so no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom