• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

LOL, Wallace cup was over a year ago.
Yes, and the point made was that if they were just getting to it now, people wouldn't bother waiting for the dub, so I don't understand the humour when it was a perfectly valid point.

It's true too since you don't really need to know Japanese to know what they are saying, or in the case of Canada, the dub has been out for awhile but hasn't just shown up here, so if you wanted to watch...

Yes, and the point made was that if they were just getting to it now, people wouldn't bother waiting for the dub, so I don't understand the humour when it was a perfectly valid point.

It's true too since you don't really need to know Japanese to know what they are saying, or in the case of Canada, the dub has been out for awhile but hasn't just shown up here, so if you wanted to watch...

The humor is that it would be funny if they were only up to the Wallace Cup now. How many episodes would they be apart? 60-70?

Non-cable television here is up to the summer school, and will be taking a 2 month break shortly. I don't see the humor.

Cable stations, on the other hand, are two episodes into season 12, which is pretty much exactly 70 episodes behind Japan. Yeah, really not seeing the humor.

Latin America(Hispanic) premiered the first episode of the Snowpoint city arc last week.We are going at a rate of one episode every Sunday.

Arceus movie - first in the world to premiere the dub and has been repeated several times, the movie came out on DVD June 2nd.

Season 12 - nowhere to be seen.

I think Australia wins the award for programmers' sickest sense of humour.

Arceus movie - first in the world to premiere the dub and has been repeated several times, the movie came out on DVD June 2nd.

Season 12 - nowhere to be seen.

I think Australia wins the award for programmers' sickest sense of humour.

Yeah definately.

I seriously thought we'd be showing season 12 by now. Though of course we're still waiting.=/

Glad I have the movie on DVD but the movie has made me even more impatient for the season.XP

Pst, this isn't an official listing of Pocket Monsters episodes, but of Pokemon Encore episodes. Of course it's not on that list.

I love how the header says 4 year hiatus, while the essay itself says 4 months through-out every reference.

Still an interesting read nonetheless. Love how it mentioned how scenes in Dragon Ball Z had to be altered in Kai due to the laws, along with the other stuff I didn't know like that scene in Harry Potter 1 where they fought that troll. Along with the part of the essay that shows off all these celebrities in controversy and how Japan tries to cover it up. Reminds me of when Chris Benoit died, unfortunately.

I came across an interesting interview with Veronica Taylor by Pokemon Dream.

Q: Will you ever dub the episode that gave kids seizures in Japan?
Veronica: We did not dub it - we will never dub it.

It doesn't have a specified date, but it seems to have taken place between Who Gets to Keep Togepi and the 1st Movie.

I've fixed the four year thing.

Adamant said:
Pst, this isn't an official listing of Pocket Monsters episodes, but of Pokemon Encore episodes.

Yeah, I know. Still, it's an official listing. Besides, Pokemon Encore is just a fancy name for "reruns" anyway. I didn't see any problem in using it.

Kazamatsuri said:
I came across an interesting interview with Veronica Taylor by Pokemon Dream.

Thanks for sharing that. Glad to see yet another nail put in the coffin of that rumor about the episode being dubbed by 4Kids.

Yeah, I know. Still, it's an official listing. Besides, Pokemon Encore is just a fancy name for "reruns" anyway. I didn't see any problem in using it.

Well, yeah, but still, the reason the episode is absent from that list has nothing to do with any attempt to pretend it doesn't exist, and everything to do with the fact that it never got rerun, neither on Pokemon Encore or elsewhere.

(ah yeah, and since I keep mentioning this elsewhere, might as well bring it up here, too - this editorial cracks me up every time I read it. Yeah, I know you didn't write it, but it's so absolutely hilariously wrong on pretty much every level. Comedy gold)

I am impressed, very good job Dogasu. I looked at that talk of a DVD release and you said TCPi would use their current set. However I never understood why TCPi could never get Veronica Taylor, most of the VA they get are from the same pool, the NYC group. This includes Sean Schemmel, Greg Abbey, Dan Green, Keather Donahue, Wayne Greyson (basically all the 4kids VA). I guess that is enough, if someone could PM me why they were never able to get her, that would be nice.

Oh, this VA talk is about facts, not opinions of how good or bad someone is, just pointing that out to mods.

I actually knew about TMNT 2K3 due to an essay someone posted on another forum about hte history of TMNT in Japan, interesting that you knew about it too.

Last edited:
I wonder Dogasu, why isn't this thread stickied? XD

Anyways another great analysis on your part of this historic Pokemon Episode. I like how you hammer home the fact (and I laugh) that NHK and the PKMN Company completely deny the existance of this episode and try to expunge it from collective memory. (My classmate never heard of it? XP) But alas the power of the internet manifests itself with your comments at the end.

Also the references to effects on well known foreign films and Japanese anime was a surprise for me.

And it doesn't really matter if there is a Dub or not, for some people having the banned episodes in easy to access format is a much better turn of events than hunting them down the official channels.

And yes I skipped to Ep. 35 to read your longer explanation for the possibilitis of Home Video and this makes me heart-broken:

Stuff like the manga is allowed to get away with more because it's less mainstream than the TV series. When people think of "Pokémon," they think of the cartoon or the video games, not the graphic novels that many bookstores don't even stock.

I guess it's up to fans to animate the Pokemon Special manga then. =3=;

At this point of time, would 4Kids answer anything about Pokemon? Hell, did they bother communicating with lowly fans before?

So Electric Soldier Porygon is the Star Wars Holiday Special of Pokemon? I mean, I knew it had never been dubbed but I didn't know they wanted the thing to disappear like that.

Back
Top Bottom