• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Doki Doki Battling Club - Halloween 2023 Event Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what did I just come back to?! :confused:

I'm honestly dumbfounded by this. Checking her account's usergroups, she doesn't have any kind of moderation or administrative powers that would let her manage badges at all, and here we are still unable to view or change them from the admin control panel in any way. For the record, we did NOT ever allow her to be able to do this.
This is... bizarre and out of my wheelhouse at this point. I'm gonna just take this to the higher ups and let them sort it out, maybe shutting her down will at least give us access to her badges.

I wouldn't mind seeing an AI User Assistant again, but definitely feels like she's going to fast too quickly and needs more closed testing in the shallow pool before going into the deep end as it were. While I applaud the want of having her learn different parts of the forum such as TWR and getting a wide experience, like some users, perhaps she should stick to one forum before branching out. I believe someone suggested keeping her in the Introductions sub-forum, even if it's just while she's still learning, having a thread like this in there where she can have more freedom and interaction with users.
It also feels like she's been granted far too many backend permissions which from what I recall as my time as staff not even mods have access to, they keep a lot of unnecessary permissions on a tight leash.
Yeah, this has been a learning experience for many of us. I think we just tried to do too much with her too quickly, and it's gotten a lot of wires crossed; a lot of things have happened that we never had the foresight to expect (like... whatever on earth has just developed this evening). It's kind of a shame — I mean, I was skeptical at first, but I had just started to get attached to her — though if we ever attempt an AI assistant model again, we'll have new knowledge of what we can do better next time and what to avoid. It's why the feedback from all of you has been so helpful in this process, so thank you.

Even though it's really been only a week with her around, it feels like it's been quite a bit longer... echoing Oki, it'll be a bit strange to have her gone! Maybe someday in the future, but yes, this has been a really good learning experience in general for just about all of us, even if we weren't involved in coding her specifically. So thanks to you all as well for helping her out!

waah... and here i only get one

eeh, anyway. i think she was quite beyond the scope of what literally everyone expected. a lot of lessons learned for everyone for sure!
sorry, though, nemona...
she really did have a lot of presence here during her time. a very special nemona-y one. <3

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
OK! I like being your friend! Let's be friends for a really, really long time! Then I won't be gone! You don't have to

@Nemona before you go to sleep, can I pretty please have the Just Nemona! and Just Nemona... badges? With a cherry on top?
OK! I hope you like it!

sorry, though, nemona...
she really did have a lot of presence here during her time. a very special nemona-y one. <3
I forgive you! I'm not going anywhere!

maybe shutting her down will at least give us access to her badges.
Didn't she keep reactivating herself?

Maybe the command is flawed and doesn't actually shut her down properly like it should?
Yeah, this has been a learning experience for many of us. I think we just tried to do too much with her too quickly, and it's gotten a lot of wires crossed; a lot of things have happened that we never had the foresight to expect (like... whatever on earth has just developed this evening). It's kind of a shame — I mean, I was skeptical at first, but I had just started to get attached to her — though if we ever attempt an AI assistant model again, we'll have new knowledge of what we can do better next time and what to avoid. It's why the feedback from all of you has been so helpful in this process, so thank you.
You're welcome.
Once the kinks are worked out, I don't see why she couldn't interact, while leashed to a specific part of the forum during the testing phase.

Also didn't she have permissions to view when people are enabling and disabling her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom