• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP186-Ash vs. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, Pikachu and Torterra may get no win here.

I don't care about Pikachu, but Torterra...man.

It should counter Toritodon. The one time I hate Mukuhawk...

Goodness, Pikachu and Torterra may get no win here.

I don't care about Pikachu, but Torterra...man.

Hasn't Pikachu been shown to go up against both Aggron and Froslass? He would have a pretty good chance of taking one of them down.

It actually makes sense this team: Paul rotates and is confident of the surprise factor to defeat Ash again (he might be a jerk, but he knows Ash is also a great trainer and won't make the same mistakes he did in lake Acuity).
Piplup said:
Then LT should be Pikachu, Heracross, Muk, Bayleef, Totodile and Quilava
Sure, Ash is gonna use his pathetic Johto team in his last battle of the league with two of them being already used. That is ridiculous (or maybe you are).
The fact Ash is using Sinnoh against Paul further hints the writers once again are bringing Kanto with all the glory: LT battle is entirely for Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard. (Not for sure, but is very likely).

^It's Scott's long lost brother!

I'm actually having a hard time imagining a puny little dancing Totodile going up against Darkrai. I just can't see that match-up happening.

ops off topic but whatever

The only bummer out of this is not seeing a Froslass vs. Glalie match-up.

The reason that wasnt a matchup was because there was already and episode about this (I forgot which one though).

New shipping? :D
I seriously don't know what he's going to do with her. I'm guessing she gets knocked out by pikachu, though I want her to take out someone too! (obviously, torterra and gliscor and staraptor are prime targets)
Destiny bonding someone is a cheap way to go down, IMO :/

pathetic Johto team

That's your personal way of viewing them, not the writers way (which is "all Pokémon are as strong as we feel like at the moment")

in his last battle of the league with two of them being already used.

Heracross is confirmed to be VS Darkrai (preview showed it)
Staraptor and Heracross are used twice, so Quilava can too
Also, there's no other place for Bayleef/Toto... they have to be in the LT battle

That is ridiculous (or maybe you are).
The fact Ash is using Sinnoh against Paul further hints the writers once again are bringing Kanto with all the glory: LT battle is entirely for Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard. (Not for sure, but is very likely).

LOL, we'll see who's ridiculous when the LT battle airs XD

The reason that wasnt a matchup was because there was already and episode about this (I forgot which one though).
I think you're thinking of the only known Froslass episode with the poacher/hunter guy and his Glalie.

But had we been aware of Paul's Froslass earlier, a match-up between it and Ash's Glalie would've been cool, not just random ones.

It actually makes sense this team: Paul rotates and is confident of the surprise factor to defeat Ash again (he might be a jerk, but he knows Ash is also a great trainer and won't make the same mistakes he did in lake Acuity).

Sure, Ash is gonna use his Awesome Johto team in his last battle of the league with two of them being already used. That is Amazing (or maybe you are).
The fact Ash is using Sinnoh against Paul further hints the writers once again are bringing Johto to finish it off : LT battle is entirely for Totodile, Bayleef and Quilava. (Guaranteed).

Saw some mistakes so I took the liberty of correcting them for you

But had we been aware of Paul's Froslass earlier, a match-up between it and Ash's Glalie would've been cool, not just random ones.

I would have liked to see that

Thank goodness we're finally going to be seeing an East Sea Gastrodon in the show...

Teams are now confirmed:
oz1kzzjt_3.jpg
oz1kzzjt_1.jpg

Ash
Pikachu
Staraptor
Torterra
Infernape
Buizel
Gliscor

Paul
Electivire
Drapion
Aggron
Ninjask
Froslass
Gastrodon (East Sea)

I hope Aggron is really strong. I can't believe that he isnt using Magmortar and Torterra. Ash has beaten Ursaring a few times so i dont think not having Ursaring really matters. I do hope the final battle is Infernape knocking out Electivire.

Anyway while this is a little disappointing, it'll also be a challenge for ash since he now has to face some of pauls pokeon that he has never faced before. Heck, he has never faced anyone of them except for Electivire. Interesting team for Paul and totally unexpected. Nice to see Gliscor confirmed. I am so glad the writers didnt dump it. Hopefully it goes back to Oak after the league instead of going back to the air master.

:? Why the hell is Paul using all of these randoms? Electivire is understandable, and Aggron due to Lairon. But where did Drapion, Froslass, Gastrodon and Ninjask come from? I was hoping for an epic battle where Ash's Pokemon went and got major revenge, but this is disappointing.

Bringing back Gliscor was a good choice. Now it'll seem like it was never really released, but just given Charizard training status.

:? Why the hell is Paul using all of these randoms? Electivire is understandable, and Aggron due to Lairon. But where did Drapion, Froslass, Gastrodon and Ninjask come from? I was hoping for an epic battle where Ash's Pokemon went and got major revenge, but this is disappointing.

yeah on one hand it does make it a bit more interesting in the sense that ash has never faced these pokemon before

But on the other hand, i just dont get why magmortar and Torterra are not being used. They seem like far better choices as compared to Ninjask and Froslass. I can understand having someone like Drapion instead of Ursaring but not having Torterra and Magmortar doesnt make any sense.

I mean this could have been good for paul: Torterra, Magmortar, Electivire, Drapion, Aggron, and Honchkrow or something like that.

Drapion vs. Gliscor huh?

That is going to be tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom