• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Elemental Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radon kept staring at the packet she obtained earlier in the day trying to memorize the schedule. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes.
"Maybe I should head home," Radon said to herself. "I might actually fall asleep."
She took a gulp of water and pulled out a book and begun to read again. Radon is still surprised no one has walked through the auditorium.
"Is everyone still at the cafeteria?" She asked the silence. "I thought at least some people would be walking through here. Less people for me to interact with though."

Last edited:
"Wish I didn't eat so much earlier," Cyras said, looking at the table of food. "Now there's all this delicious food, and I'm missing out..." He slurped out of a soda can.

Radon decided to put her things away, back within her messenger bag. She place the desk back in its place, and left the auditorium, deciding to go back to cafeteria to look for her mother. Despite her not wanting to interact with people, she was going to see if her Mom was ready to head home. Radon walked back keeping her hood up, and ignoring people. When she got back she didn't see her at first.
"Always an annoyance even when you're not next to me," Radon said to herself.
She went to get another bottle of water, opting for getting a fruit water instead of a regular one.
She place her back to a wall, and slide to the ground to sit.
"Where are you Mom?" Radon asked herself.

"Whoops. Sorry, sometimes my memory is not the sharpest." Niari said with an awkward smile on her face. She glanced down at his Sableye, confused about its lack of gems. "Did you sell your Sableye's gems so you could afford the tuition? Or is there a more interesting story here?"

Radon looked around the cafeteria while sitting on the ground. Watching people pass by her, she took a sip of her fruit water.
"What fruit water did I take?" She asked herself. "It taste like.......watermelon? Sour Grape?"
She sighed, and got up for a moment. Radon stretched and saw a small empty table. Radon walked over a took a seat, hoping no one would see her or the table and walk over.

Last edited:
Once she was finished with her food, Touko took the empty plates and placed them in the designated areas. She then took out a steel rod and swiped it behind her, parrying a surprise attack made by Murakumo, who didn't looked phase that his surprise attack was foiled. If anything, he expected it.

"Ara ara, Mu-kun. You want a fight?" Touko asked, then her face hardened like iron. "You got it." She then jumped out of her sandals and threw a double kick at the Scyther's sternum, sending the Mantis Pokemon airborne.

Touko landed on her Tengu-geta sandals and booked it with surprising grace and speed, vaulting over table and any student nearby . Murakumo flew at her, always engaging her when she was in the air and no other time.

Once outside, Touko and Murakumo began a deadly storm of parries, the sound of metal hitting organic blades ringing in the air.

Blake decided it was best to simply not be there. The atmosphere was too... poppy for his tastes. Instead, he opted to leave the cafeteria, going for a walk around the campus. That girl, Meteor or whatever, was unpleasant to speak to. Entirely too talkative - one of those peppy know-it-alls. Must've been a part of some welcome committee.

Gross.

He could only hope his contact with her would be limited.

"I think I need to grab some fresh air," Abby replied nervously to Meteora, "I'll be back soon." with that being said, she headed outside. Her being around so many unfamiliar people wasn't what she needed to deal with today. Perhaps she could go sit by a tree, and give Tiny a chance to spread his wings for a spell. She sat down at a nearby tree and released a Rufflet from it's Pokeball. The small bird chirped happily before beginning to fly around.

Blake went to sit by a tree, finding it completely out of the way.

Unfortunately for him, this happened to be the tree that Abby had seated herself under.

Tiny had flown around, noticing Blake. Nervously, it flew back into Abby's arms, causing the young woman slight confusion. That's when she looked around and noticed Blake sitting as well.

"Hiding from everyone else too?" she asked, trying to be nice. In all actuality, she was terrified.

Blake blinked, then looked over to see Abby sitting at the tree. "I thought I was alone. Unfortunate."

"Eh, I don't have plans on bothering you," Abby replied, "My name's Abby, and you may have saw my Rufflet. His name is Tiny...were you here getting away from everyone else too?"

Nagato Conversano and Battle Partners
"I would never do that kind of thing to my own pokemon," Duncan responded calmly.

``````````````````````````````````

The next day, those that had Nagato Conversano as a Guardian were given an outside location to meet him at. The space was wide with trees, a lake, hills and fields. There Nagato stood looking over his new freshman. “Good Morning. I’m Nagato Conversano your Guardian while you attend here, and teacher for multiple classes. You can call me by my first name, or Professor, or even just Conversano. Please do not call me Mr. Conversano. It sounds much too strange. Now most like to get to know their students through some boring talk, but I want to know about you and your pokémon. When one battles you can see how well they work with their pokémon and how they handle pressure. Your personalities will come out in battle and that’s how I plan on getting to know you. I have chosen a pokémon for each of you to battle. These are special pokémon trained by the school. They can move completely without a human’s orders, and do so tactfully. When I call your name, come meet your battle partner.”

From here he called the students alphabetically and released their battle partners for them to meet, the personalities of the pokémon like those of teachers, knowledgeable, prepared for battle.

Abigail Aqil -Pikachu Male Static

Lucia Barlow -Phantump Male Harvest

Cyras Blackwish -Heracross Male Swarm

Lottie Gray-Matthias -Grimer Female Poison Touch

William Grey-Trubbish-Stench

Max Hamilton -Swanna Female Keen Eye

Elysium Izhar- Pansear Male Gluttony

Pandora Izhar -Glaceon Female Snow Cloak

Touko Kenshin- Fearow Male Keen Eye

Meteora Kira -Voltorb Static

Radon Nolastname-Sharpedo Male Rough Skin

Grant Rand -Pidgeotto Male Tangled Feet

Blake Ryder -Mamoswine Female Snow Cloak

Duncan Sage-Floette Female Flower Veil

Audrey Summer- Aegislash Female Stance Change

Jake Taylor -Jellicient Female Cursed Body

Niari Valdez- Boldore Male Sturdy

Once everyone met their battle partner, he had them spread out and from there begin their battles, watching them carefully.

((So just type out your own battle. Please don’t go doing one hit KOs. These are well trained pokémon after all, and I did research for these battles. Enjoy!))

Niari and Wibber walked over to a sandy area near the lake, with many boulders scattered about. This was supposed to be where the Boldore was. Being from the Unova region, she had experienced run ins with Roggenrola before, but had never seen either of its evolutions in person.

Sure enough, she found it watching her on top of a rock slab. As Niari approached it, it leaped onto the sand and roared at her. However, much to the Ore Pokemon's confusion, Niari walked right past it, approaching the lake.

"Isn't this area beautiful, Wibber?" she commented, taking her camera out of her bag and aiming it at the lake. "The morning sun makes this place look even prettier!" She snapped some pictures of the lake. The confused Boldore roared again, outraged at the girl's ignoring it.

"Yeah, yeah, just a second, you impatient little brat. Oh, do you mind moving over to the left a little?" she asked the Boldore. After a moment of hesitation, it complied as a sweatdrop appeared next to its frontal orifice. "Great, thanks." Niari snapped a picture of the Pokemon with the forest in the background, complete with two small waterfalls on each side of the photograph.

"That should do it for now." Niari stated, putting her camera away. "You'll look even better later, with Wibber standing on top of your dumb unconscious body." The Spinarak scurried out in between Niari and the Boldore. She shuddered at the though of battling a rock-type, but quickly composed herself and took on a battle stance. The Boldore roared, eager to finally start the battle.

"Smack it with an X-Scissor, honey!" commanded Niari. Wibber leaped towards the Boldore, slashing at it with both her front claws at the same time. The Boldore hardly flinched, and Wibber quickly jumped backwards to avoid a counterstrike. However, the spider was not quick enough, and the Boldore caught her with a Headbutt, sending her rolling back towards her trainer.

"You alright, honey?" Niari asked, looking down nervously at Wibber. Wibber quickly got up and nodded. "That lug is quicker than I thought, and your attack didn't seem to phase it much....maybe physical is a no-no for this one."

The Boldore roared, and the red crystal on its right leg started glowing. Lifting it upwards, red particles started gathering underneath it, and a sharp oblong rock materialized underneath. The Ore Pokemon pointed its leg at Wibber, and threw this projectile. Stone Edge. Wibber managed to jump out of the way easily enough, but the Boldore wasn't finished yet, sending yet another sharp boulder hurling towards her. This time, she barely dodged.

"Hide underground! You know what to do, we practiced this!" shouted Niari as the Boldore started to materialize yet another projectile. Using Dig, the Spinarak broke through the surface of the earth, dodging yet another Stone Miss in the process. Looking around, the Boldore tried to determine the digging spider's location. Unable to, and expecting the Spinarak to surface from underneath it, it climbed back onto the slab of rock from earlier.

However, this was not Wibber's intention at all. Surfacing from a completely different location, the String Shot Pokemon jumped into the air as her abdomen started glowing faintly pink. Aiming her butt at the Boldore, she fired a strange beam consisting of two zigzagging rays -- one pink and one blue -- right towards it. Signal Beam. Not seeing the attack coming, the beam hit Boldore right on its backside, taking significant damage as it tumbled off its rock slab.

The aggravated Boldore righted itself up, and all its crystals started glowing. As before, it raised one of its legs towards Wibber.

"Duck behind the slab!" shouted Niari, expecting another form of projectile. Wibber obeyed and leaped behind the nearby rock slab the Boldore had just been on. However, the Boldore was charging energy for something else completely. It pointing its claw at Wibber was nothing but a ruse, and it had expected this response, being taught tactics similar to this from the university staff. Having charged enough energy to propel its heavy body, it jumped high into the air.

"Oh shit."

The Boldore came crashing down onto the slab, shattering it with one powerful blow from its heavy body. Rock Smash. Wibber, being right next to the exploding mass of rock, was hit by multiple large fragments before a particularly large fragment fell on top of her, crushing the poor arachnid.

"Wibber!" a panicked Niari shouted as she ran over to the spider. "Are you okay, honey!?" She tried to push the boulder off of her Pokemon, but it was no use, she was not strong enough.

"You stupid lug, look what you've done to my poor baby!" snapped Niari, turning to face the Boldore, who was busy recharging after performing such an exhausting attack. "I hate you!" She started kicking the rocky Pokemon over and over, obviously not doing any damage, but regardless, it was not exactly thrilled.

Hearing a strange pulsing ringing coming from behind her, she turned around to see the rocks that were on top of Wibber rising into the air, surrounded by a pink aura.

"What the..." Niari scratched her head, wondering what was going on. Realizing that she should perhaps move out of the way, she jumped away from where she was standing just as the levitating boulders were smashed into the Boldore's face one by one. Unable to withstand the assault, it tipped over, unconscious.

Niari stared at the fainted Boldore in shock as she felt something prodding at her legs, turning around to see Wibber behind her.

"Holy shit girl, that was amazing!" shouted a very excited Niari as she picked up the Spinarak. "Why didn't you tell me you could use telekinesis!?" Wibber attempted to smile too, but she could not, as she is a spider.

Last edited:
Radon finally found her mother, ready to go home that night. After they said goodbye to Lucas, they quickly headed back to their place. Radon showered and went to bed.

----------------------------------------------
Radon woke up next morning early. Getting dressed in her Gym leader major jacket, a red hoodie underneath, a knee high skirt, knee high socks and flat top shoes. She grab her messenger bag, the two Pokéballs containing Lana and Ken, helmet and keys.
"Mom, I'll see you at the academy!" She yelled to her mother, a professor at the school.
She went to their garage and grab out a small motor scooter that her mother got for her.
"Why didn't I just take this yesterday?"
She put her helmet on and drove to school.
Radon arrived 10 minutes before everyone was supposed to be going to class. She didn't mind, she hates being late. Radon walked to the area Professor Conversano should be teaching. Checking her name down on the teacher's attendance sheet as Radon Nevermore. When everyone else arrive, the teacher explained the purpose of today's class, but before everyone break; well except Niari who ran off to begun battling a Boldore.
"Excuse me, Professor," Radon said. "Can any of these Pokémon mega evolve?"

(((@WolfOwl I change it so Radon placed her name on a attendance sheet, I hope that's alright. I apologize in advance for further inconveniences I might make.)))

Last edited:
Just then, Max walks into the classroom and heard her question.
"As far as I know, only Sharpedo can Mega Evolve. I've studied Mega Evolution a bit in the past."

"Alright. Thank you. I was specifically asking if the Sharpedo can mega evolve. But I'll improvise instead. If the professor pulls a keystone out, I will know my question wasn't in vain."

Radon walked over to the water area to begin fighting the Sharpedo. She double checked her hood to make sure it doesn't fall off.

(((@Ryoma Maser I do mind. You could have told me your characters last name in an pic or sign up thread. You should always have permission beforehand before controlling another's character. Please edit that post. If you wish to interact with him then just have your character walk up to him and I'll have him react accordingly.)))

Nagato Couldn't help but laugh at Niaris battle. It was quite the odd one. He was also surprised to see her not lure the boldore towards the water. He had assumed that was the intention when she was taking the picture. With a smile at an entertaining battle, he walked up to Niari. "Good job. Though for future reference, wild pokemon won't let you go kicking them. However battling the wild Pokémon yourself is a method of capture some use. As is working in tangent with your partner. Lastly psychic is a great move and work will work well as a trump move in battles. Most wouldn't expect spinarak to be able to learn psychic, and considering its size and typing, it needs quite the defense. However it's also unique in its webbing. You might want to look up more about that see if you can utilize it better in battle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom