• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

It's a fucking LP, it can wait 14 days -_-"

Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

It's a fucking LP, it can wait 14 days -_-"

If you hate LPs so much why are you even replying?

If you hate LPs so much why are you even replying?

It just seems hilarious that people seem to have an issue with the way that YT deals with copyright over a LP. It isn't the end of the world.

I PMed Let's Player Dario8676 about this. A new place to host your LPs would be GameAnyone.com. As the name suggests its a site made for gamers. And for visual walkthroughs, most with commentary. So if YT's heading down the crapper for LPs, then moving to GameAnyone may be a smart move.

I'm not sure if there's any requirements or anything (I don't make videos) but one person on GameAnyone I watch known as DavetheUsher has videos over 30 mins long. So this would solve most LPs annoyance with 11 min limit on YouTube.

So Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, and such really should look into registering and making videos for GameAnyone rather than YouTube. Because it seems YT doesn't give a flying fuck about the LP community. Its not making them any money so why should they care right? That's probably the mindset they have.

Its a bit of a bs mindset sure, but...i dunno. YT's not showing much care. If someone with 120k+ subs can get suspended so easily, there's something wrong and its time to just forget about YouTube.

I PMed Let's Player Dario8676 about this. A new place to host your LPs would be GameAnyone.com
*sarcasm* Yeah, convert to a site that roughly five people know about! Thats a REALLy good idea.*sacrasm* (Hate to be rude, but I just wanted to point that out)

...Yep, its true-fair use is dead.
You got your wish, Island Records, hope you're happy now.

This is going to get resolved sooner or later. After all, youtube partners like Machinima have loads of gameplay videos uploaded.

*sarcasm* Yeah, convert to a site that roughly five people know about! Thats a REALLy good idea.*sacrasm* (Hate to be rude, but I just wanted to point that out)

It could grow. You never know. YouTube wasn't successful over night either.

Since it was false, won't they bring Chuggaaconroy back?

Since it was false, won't they bring Chuggaaconroy back?

May take a while. NCS was suspended about a week or so ago now and he's still not back.

May take a while. NCS was suspended about a week or so ago now and he's still not back.

I suppose he may return in another week? I always thought it was 14 days.

The claims are definitely false. NintendoCapriSun set all his videos to private expect for one before he was brought down. The one video he left up had only an image of a roll of toilet paper (one of his running gags) and the only audio in it was him explaining why he hid all his other videos. That video was the one that got him suspended.

As I understand it, after someone gets a DMCA claim against them, they can file a counter-claim. The person filing the initial claim then has 14 days to take the other person to court, if they don't, then the initial claim is null and void. NCS was suspended and filed a counter-claim on the 12th, which was a week ago, so he should be back in another week. As long as Chuggaa files a counter-claim, he should be back in two weeks.

Edit: Almost forgot. The Archfiend was suspended not too long ago and came back.

Last edited:

Even if his account comes back, chances are that his videos may be gone. I said earlier that Kajetokun, who made the original Over 9000 video, had his account suspended due to reasons like this. He has since gotten his account back, but none of his videos. That's when I read that fraud like this is punishable by law and they can be sued for portraying someone they're not and also claiming to own one thing they don't.

Even if his account comes back, chances are that his videos may be gone. I said earlier that Kajetokun, who made the original Over 9000 video, had his account suspended due to reasons like this. He has since gotten his account back, but none of his videos. That's when I read that fraud like this is punishable by law and they can be sued for portraying someone they're not and also claiming to own one thing they don't.

What?! You mean Kajetokun came back with zero videos?!

Fair use is fair use. Who exactly is it that's filing these claims? The article claims 'vandals,' so are we to assume this is a prank pulled by some punks who don't realize how serious these accusations are?

In any rate, this is actually VERY serious news. Your opinion on LPs regardless, Chuggaaconroy is a VERY visible and popular member of YouTube, who actively endorsed his affiliation with Bulbapedia and Bulbagarden as a whole. If he falls under legal fire, that puts US under scrutiny as well. Not good.

Fair use is fair use. Who exactly is it that's filing these claims? The article claims 'vandals,' so are we to assume this is a prank pulled by some punks who don't realize how serious these accusations are?

In any rate, this is actually VERY serious news. Your opinion on LPs regardless, Chuggaaconroy is a VERY visible and popular member of YouTube, who actively endorsed his affiliation with Bulbapedia and Bulbagarden as a whole. If he falls under legal fire, that puts US under scrutiny as well. Not good.

Yeah, I ignored the LP part which I really don't care about and what I took out of it was that fair-use videos are being taken down by vandals impersonating copyright holders. This is what I choose to focus on and why I see this as a problem. If you choose to focus on the fact its an LP by a big named no one, then I think the point was missed.

What?! You mean Kajetokun came back with zero videos?!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kajetokun

Any videos you see there are his favorites.

And this has NOTHING to do with fair use. It's just a matter of some random people claiming to own videos that they don't. They don't own the video, nor do they own the content in the video. Had this been Nintendo themselves, it would be a different story, but it's not so it doesn't matter who it is, it's still illegal.

Yeah, I ignored the LP part which I really don't care about and what I took out of it was that fair-use videos are being taken down by vandals impersonating copyright holders. This is what I choose to focus on and why I see this as a problem. If you choose to focus on the fact its an LP by a big named no one, then I think the point was missed.

The LP part has nothing to do with it. Of course this is about the fair-use issue. I'm just also concerned that, LPer or not and personal opinions of him aside, this action might cause Bulbagarden as a whole to be looked at with a little more suspicion because one of the people targeted in this mess is 1. very popular, and therefore, very visible to the general public and 2. has openly and repeatedly made clear his affiliation with Bulbagarden.

The LP part has nothing to do with it. Of course this is about the fair-use issue. I'm just also concerned that, LPer or not and personal opinions of him aside, this action might cause Bulbagarden as a whole to be looked at with a little more suspicion because one of the people targeted in this mess is 1. very popular, and therefore, very visible to the general public and 2. has openly and repeatedly made clear his affiliation with Bulbagarden.

Um, you mean that bulbagarden might get into legal trouble?.. I hope not!

Sorry if i'm freaking out, i'm experiencing chugga withdraw.

They gave no clue to who could have been doing this. It could be anyone really. They only called them "vandals" which doesn't really describe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom