• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

Um, you mean that bulbagarden might get into legal trouble?.. I hope not!

Sorry if i'm freaking out, i'm experiencing chugga withdraw.

You guys are blowing this situation out of proportions.

This has happened before to other YouTubers. Chuggaaconroy's account will be back up by two weeks. No one will be getting into any legal trouble. Remember the PokeBeach fiasco?

Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

In any rate, this is actually VERY serious news. Your opinion on LPs regardless, Chuggaaconroy is a VERY visible and popular member of YouTube, who actively endorsed his affiliation with Bulbapedia and Bulbagarden as a whole. If he falls under legal fire, that puts US under scrutiny as well. Not good.

I'm sure he's not going to rat us out for anything. But if he does, then we're in trouble.

You guys are blowing this situation out of proportions.

This has happened before to other YouTubers. Chuggaaconroy's account will be back up by two weeks. No one will be getting into any legal trouble. Remember the PokeBeach fiasco?

Oh yeah, I remember that. The same day I found out that NCS was targeted by CONJOPI. Anyways, this has been a bad month for LPer's on youtube.

What its doing is making people afraid to upload harmless videos. And that's just not right. I don't know why this group of people is doing this. My first thought was it was an LPer who stepped out of line a bit much, got banned, and was seeking revenge. But now I see that's not the case.

And WillOfDC reported on this today too in his YouTube News videos and, iirc, he's a YouTube partner. So with a YT partner reporting on it perhaps YT will see his video and address the situation more seriously than they have been.

And it may seem like a minor situation, but apparently there's 6 other trolls waiting in the wings to strike.

I believe The Archfiend is a partner too and he got suspended. YouTube only really cares about the big-name partners.

One thing that I did hear today that makes sense is that people who have been taken down due to false flagging will have some sort of protection against this kind of thing in the future since they've already been targeted.

OMG! I'm like rolling on the floor laughing right now.. I use to subscribe to this magazine! (proof--> http://miya902.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d23rf7f ) and it was just the worst! The information was inaccurate, the grammar was horrible, and the cheats it told, everyone knew, and the origin stories I could find just as easily on Bulbapedia for free! xD Plus, they never send me the cards I was suppose to get for Subscribing! So haha Beckett, I hope Pokemon sues your a$$ good! >3

OMG! I'm like rolling on the floor laughing right now.. I use to subscribe to this magazine! (proof--> http://miya902.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d23rf7f ) and it was just the worst! The information was inaccurate, the grammar was horrible, and the cheats it told, everyone knew, and the origin stories I could find just as easily on Bulbapedia for free! xD Plus, they never send me the cards I was suppose to get for Subscribing! So haha Beckett, I hope Pokemon sues your a$$ good! >3

Wrong thread.

Here you go.

I'm sure this issue will be resolved soon. YouTube doesn't actually delete the videos, they just make them inaccessible. They've restored videos that have been taken down before.

I hope NintendoCapriSun and chuggaaconroy get their accounts back up, they're really great at what they do. I used to watch them a lot, but I got bored of watching other people play games, and only when I decide to watch their latest videos, do I find that their accounts have been suspended.

I think Google/YT need to re-think their flagging policy to prevent abuse.

I actually just read an article on Giz (or maybe Boing Boing) about the people who have to look at all the flagged content for many sites, and the companies who hire them have to pay for therapy because some of the things they see are so horrific.

Details, please. It'll make me a bit less on-edge.

Members of 2ch had reported Water Pokemon Master (PokeBeach's webmaster) to the Japanese Police for taking pictures of two new Pokemon during the premiere of the 13th Pokemon movie. Everyone began to blow the whole thing out of proportions, fearing that WPM would be sued and his site would be shut down. Being Pokemon fansites as well, people also feared Bulbagarden and Serebii.net would be shut down.

As you see now, nothing has happened. All the sites are up and running without any problems.

Members of 2ch had reported Water Pokemon Master (PokeBeach's webmaster) to the Japanese Police for taking pictures of two new Pokemon during the premiere of the 13th Pokemon movie. Everyone began to blow the whole thing out of proportions, fearing that WPM would be sued and his site would be shut down. Being Pokemon fansites as well, people also feared Bulbagarden and Serebii.net would be shut down.

As you see now, nothing has happened. All the sites are up and running without any problems.

But this is different. Bulbagarden was never directly affiliated or endorsed by this person (at least, not to my knowledge). In this case, we have a fairly high-profile person who is directly affected AND has publicly announced his affiliation with us.

I'm not saying this WILL result in legal trouble for Bulbagarden, but the thought did occur to me...

But this is different. Bulbagarden was never directly affiliated or endorsed by this person (at least, not to my knowledge). In this case, we have a fairly high-profile person who is directly affected AND has publicly announced his affiliation with us.

I'm not saying this WILL result in legal trouble for Bulbagarden, but the thought did occur to me...

But remember; Chuggaaconroy did nothing wrong. WPM actually committed a rather serious offense, and he still didn't get in trouble. There's no need to worry.

Crap. Both Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun got suspended? This is almost as bad as when Toei had TeamFourStar taken down.

Especially since I was using Chuggaa to get through Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG. (I believe you can never properly play an RPG (like Pokémon) without a strategy guide, but with games as old as those I had to find alternates)

And AzureBlade49 still lives on, but he could be next (hope not).

The thing to keep in mind here is that this isn't happening due to actual copyright issues, this is just some troll (or a group of trolls) going around exploiting a flaw in YouTube to ban some people for the lulz. This is still a threat, but not a legal threat, and is very unlikely to spread beyond YouTube.

PrinceBoo21 was attacked by the same slim that got Chuggaa, luckily he made everything private save for an explanation vid. But that makes him vulnerable as well. Oy, all this copyright issues are horrid :/ Thankfully it should be resolved w/in a few weeks.

Wow. It is bad that someone had to be suspended for just uploading harmless videos. Perhaps jealousy and pettiness on the flagger's part?

Ignore if you wish to argue

Wow. It is bad that someone had to be suspended for just uploading harmless videos. Perhaps jealousy and pettiness on the flagger's part?

Oh, definitely. I'm certain plenty of harmless Pokémon videos get flagged by random trolls that "lol kannt beleve u still watch this shit! U = gay, me no like gay, me flag lol" or something to that effect. It's annoying, yes, but not that often does it lead to anything like this, does it?

The thing to keep in mind here is that this isn't happening due to actual copyright issues, this is just some troll (or a group of trolls) going around exploiting a flaw in YouTube to ban some people for the lulz. This is still a threat, but not a legal threat, and is very unlikely to spread beyond YouTube.

It's just as bad to me. I can't watch someone I like anymore (or at least until all this gets cleared up)

this isnt pokemon news

this isnt pokemon news
Just out of interest, do you plan on adding this comment to every news thread?

this isnt pokemon news

Then why do you post? Have you seen his Crystal and FireRed LP's? He uses Bulbapedia as a source!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom