• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite (and least favorite) Pokemon cries in the games?

Bidoof for president! Worst cry is Stunky/Skuntank. Rather disturbing Pokemon in general, to add to that.

I like Mimiroru's cry, Perappu's cry, and Raichu's cry is my favorite!

I hate Dainozu's cry, it creeps me out. . And Mukkuhoku's cry is. . Too high-pitched. Parukia's cry is freaky, but somewhat cool! XD

Shaymin's cry is soo cute! I love Scyther & Heracross's cries-they're so weird! Drowzee's makes me laugh. Arceus's cry is odd, but I love it. Combee too. Infernape is d best!

Dialga, Palkia & Giratina's are horrifying. Especially Dialga's. Try playing them in succession. Dusclops, Stunky, Skuntank-disgusting. Scizor's sucks. Heatran...ugh. Cloyster & Fearow (same thing) irk me. What's with Bidoof's? Dumb.

Some of my favorite cries are Chansey's and Mew's. When I heard the Chansey's one I would freak out since it was hard to catch them in the first gen haha.

I don't like Kricketune's.. orrr uh. Zubat's. I HATE ZUBAT D:

When I got D/P, I seriously hated every cry of every pokemon of 4th Gen. Seriously. But I've become less sensitive to it (thank god for the volume too T_T), the only one that seriously bugs me still is Skuntank and Stunky.

For OBVIOUS reasons.

But I hated all of the 4th gen cries because-- they don't sound remotely in the same group as the previous THREE gen cries, and so when you combine them all in one game---- they stick out like an awful sore thumb.
REALLY dumb.

I hope Newer games will make a revamp on the cries so they're ALL the same, in either sense.

Speaking of cries have you ever noticed that Charizard's and Rhyhorns cries are exactly the same. 0.o

Re: Best and... worst cries?

My top 3:
*Vileplume (Awsome)
*Metagross (It's stuck in my head, and I end up repeating after him)
*Lopunny (XD)

bottom 3 T_T:
*Kyogre (could have been better)
*Chimecho(annoying)
*Rayquaza (STFU!!)

My favorite cry is Rayquaza's (Complimented by a sparkle), and my least favorite is Bidoof's (Complimented by a fainting cry)

My favorite cry is Mew and Mewtwo. It sounds mysterious.
My least favorite cry is Staraptor. It sound like it is screeching. Staraptor doesn't screech.

I like the game cries more than the anime cries. It's fun to close one's eyes during a Pokemon encounter and try to figure out the Pokemon from its cry. Some of them are really interesting, too.

Here are some of my favorites:

-Pidgey. One of the shortest. I've always wanted to teach Pidgey Mimic, have it mimic Growl, and then use Growl in one of the Gen II games, which produce Growls by slowing down the Pokemon's cry. I think a slow version of Pidgey's cry would sound funny.
-Beedrill
-Spearow
-Fearow. Especially its Growl in Gen II. Very lovely.
-Gastly. Creepy.
-Haunter. Even creepier.
-Articuno. Sounds like it's singing.
-Aerodactyl. Vileplume has the same cry, but I think it suits Aerodactyl better.
-Espeon
-Combee.
-Giratina. Absolutely terrifying.
And last but not least...
-Lopunny! Quite possibly the most clever cry in the game.

Least favorites? I have two: Burmy and Skuntank, both of which sound like flatulence.

I don't remember a lot of them, but I have to give credit for young-girl-drowning-in-mud Gastrodon.

I don't know why, but I love kricketune's cry. I love the fact that it gives me goose bumps everytime I hear it:p

I like Giratina's cry the most. Then Dialga's and Lucarios >.>
Staraptor's cry makes me angry for some reason lolXD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom