• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite (and least favorite) Pokemon cries in the games?

I like Drifloon's cry, very fitting for a balloon. Palkia's and Dialga's cries the first time I heared them were strange, but now I've grown to like them.

Gastrodon, full stop. First time I saw one, I seriously burst out laughing - it's hilarious, but it sounds good, and it fits the Pokémon. And when I first saw one in Platinum, I was laughing again, because the cry totally fits with the Platinum sprite's perfect D: face. XD

HootHoot and Buneary make me laugh alot. HootHoot is just enteraining to look at in no way threatening while Buneary sounds like a naugthy little scamp.

-Pidgey. One of the shortest. I've always wanted to teach Pidgey Mimic, have it mimic Growl, and then use Growl in one of the Gen II games, which produce Growls by slowing down the Pokemon's cry. I think a slow version of Pidgey's cry would sound funny.

You can slow down Pidgey's cry in D/P/Pt using the Pokedex.

Kricketune is just hilarious.

Mamoswine's cry is probably my favorite though, it sounds like a mammoth.

I HATE Floatzel and Luxio's cries! Floatzel sounds plain old weird and Luxio's sounds like a weird cat. I like Kricketune's and Regigigas' cry. Skuntank's sounds like a bunch of farts, Spritomb's cry sounds scary, Probopass' cry sounds like a burp,and Lucario's cry sounds like a growling idiot. I also like Gallade's and Sudowoodo's cry.

I absolutely love Absol's cry. Absolute favourite. No pun intended. Parasect's another cool one, I remember encountering it for the first time ever in Mount Moon and me thinking it was so awesome and atmospheric for the scary mountain. Staryu and Starmie's are also favourites.

Edit: I think Slowpoke's cry is funny. It's just so dopey! Sounds like a sound someone would make if they were high on mushrooms or something.

Ouuh, there's so many awesome ones.

I like:
Glaceon
Froslass
Gastly
Staraptor (Though it gets annoying after a while.)
Lopunny
Giratina
Raichu
Ninetales
Parasect
Rapidash
Starmie
Flaaffy
Wooper
Skarmory (Sounds like it's saying its name to me. XD)
Gardevoir
Aggron
Milotic
Absol
Luxray
Rampardos
Vespiquen
Floatzel
Cherrim
Drifloon
Purugly (Reminds me of a really grumpy squash-faced cat.)
Skuntank (DUH.)
Mime Jr.
Lumineon
Togekiss
Probopass (It sounds like it's sneezing~!)
Regigigas
Shaymin

And I hate Zubat. D<

Favorite and least favorite game cries I see, even if I realize that I don't necessarily have a least favorite cry. That said, I will state that my one favorite cry is... Giratina's, appropriately spooky for that Pokémon.

My favorites:

- Hoothoot
- Electabuzz (sounds like someone getting electrocuted, which fits perfectly)
- Sentret (very cute rodent-like sound)
- Raichu (real threatening-sounding in contrast with the adorable Pikachu!)
- Chimchar (sounds like a real monkey)
- Monferno (sounds like a real pissed off monkey!)
- Togetic
- Nosepass (sounds like someone with a really bad cold)
- Articuno (very majestic-sounding)
- Mareep and Flaaffy
- Voltorb and Electrode
- Miltank
- Lopunny (fits the Pokemon's sexy looks)
- Sudowoodo (a real silly cry for a real silly Pokemon)
- Eevee, Vaporeon, and Espeon
- Unown (very creepy and mysterious)
- Skarmory (sounds like nails on a chalkboard)
- Gastly and Haunter (both fit perfectly with their personalities)
- Blissey
- Chatot (very parrot-like)
- Stunky and Skuntank (ass-faced Pokemon should sound like they have gas, plain and simple)
- Staraptor (would definitely strike fear in the hearts of many newcoming trainers!)
- Seadra (I love how melodic this one sounds)
- Volbeat and Illumise
- Registeel (sounds like a robot)
- Shaymin
- Krabby and Kingler
- Froslass
- Suicune
- Roserade (I love that little harp sound in its cry)
- Bidoof
- Lugia (once again, very majestic)
- Kricketune (kinda sounds like violinists tuning their instruments, which makes some sense since its arms look like violin bows)
- Gastrodon (it's just how I imagine a snail would sound like walking or eating)

My least favorites (I don't have a lot):

- Torterra (sounds like someone starting up a dump truck)
- Abomasnow (same as above)

I'm not going to make a list, but I like the regi's their cries. Also Latias' and kyogre's cries

I would have to say Skitty's cute cry appeals to me the most. I love cats, and that kitten-like mewing is just too cute!

Ahem...

Anyway, I would have to say I hate Jynx's racket of a cry the most.

Pokemon Cries

Which Pokemon do you think has the best cry?Which cry is the most annoying?

In my opinion,Spinarak has the most ear-splitting cry.And Starly sounds like it's saying 'Who's a pretty boy then?' like a parrot,so seeing that Chatot is based on a parrot,shouldn't Chatot have Starly's Cry?

Re: Pokemon Cries

Most Annoying: Skunktank (eww... xD)
Best: Metagross/Drifblim

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom