• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V Disapointment

The only thing that annoys me is, how old Pokémon are so rare in Unova...unless you cross a couple of bridges (>>). At least DPt stuck most of the old Pokémon on their own island.

Yeah, this freaked me out a bit, too. Unova does have LOTS of old Pokémon (despite what the promos and anime say), you just don't get to the part of Unova where they are found until you beat the game. And that is a damn large part of the region. When I first finished the game, crossed my first bridge and met a wild Marowak, I felt the "OMG everythhing's new" concept was inmediately killed off, and there's still so much more to do (find the Seven Sages). Although I still love the game and feeling.

Yeah, this freaked me out a bit, too. Unova does have LOTS of old Pokémon (despite what the promos and anime say), you just don't get to the part of Unova where they are found until you beat the game. And that is a damn large part of the region. When I first finished the game, crossed my first bridge and met a wild Marowak, I felt the "OMG everythhing's new" concept was inmediately killed off, and there's still so much more to do (find the Seven Sages). Although I still love the game and feeling.

I thought you'd have to beat the seven sages, but they just give you this long speech about N :/
They could have made it more challenging. Without too much idle leveling up, my Pokemon are usually at around Lv 70 by the time I've completed the Pokemon league. In 'White' they're only around lv 50 and there's nobody left to battle. I dunno if it's because there's less trainers or just generally weaker trainers.

So...I have to stop playing White, delete the data and sell it just because one insignificant person I don't know gave a long review about how he hated it? Pokémon fan, my foot.

I don't know if this counts as a dissapointment per say, but Victini fairly dissapointed me. It's a legendary that you can catch early in the game, and it's super-cute, and it has uber-tier stats... but still his learnset (at least as of his 50's, which is where my Victini is now at) sucks and it's my weakest Pokémon by far. I'm heavily considering switching it for a Volcarona (once I get one) or Darmanitan

Again, a lot of the people I know who still play the games found those battles neat sometimes but generally irritating, despite the fact that they get so much love here. I don't think they should ever be a compulsory part of the storyline, at least not for gym battles, for example - not everyone likes them and wants more of them, and they're more irritating than anything else for some. I actually found what they did with the different gym leaders kinda neat, and to force you into a triple battle with very few decent Pokemon available at that stage would just be cruel.

THANK YOU. I was ok with the single trainers that could be double battles if you walked between them because I learned how to strategically walk around that. People got wild double battles, you'd think they'd find less to complain about in that area. I far and away prefer single battles, though rotation battles are pretty cool.

C-gear? A step down! If that isn't the most useful feature for battling your friends then I don't know what is!

That's nice and all but it has zero in game use.

So...I have to stop playing White, delete the data and sell it just because one insignificant person I don't know gave a long review about how he hated it? Pokémon fan, my foot.

Where did that weird tantrum come from? Being a fan doesn't mean you never have complaints, being a fan means you like it in spite of the parts you don't like. If the good outweighs the bad then, last time I check, you still like it.

And even if someone wasn't a fan and made complaints, that wouldn't affect you playing. Are you five or something?

Not Magikarp :p

You never know, if the fish ever learned any maybe he actually could be better. P:

correction. The C-gear can be helpful in-game if and only if you have other people or at least a second copy of the game. The pass powers are nice :)

Actually, the C-Gear is pretty fun :p I love activating it when I'm at college. I'm always sure to catch at least one person on. I got to Entralink too :D
Very awesome.

Ok fine, the C-Gear is not helpful to those of us who have no one anywhere near us to play with. >_>

I think I would have liked it more if there were at least more wifi features if not some use in game for people who don't live near any friends or relatives who play.

white forest emptying

no rematches/ vs. seeker.

Otherwise. Best Pokémon Games since Gold/Silver.

Even though I said previously that there was nothing wrong with the Pokémon in this game, I have to retract that. The Kami trio is just plain lazy. All three use the same identical sprite with some minor changes. When I first saw Tornadus, I thought it was just a shiny Thundurus. At least they gave each one unique animations.

White Forest, like many have said before, is a massive disappointment. By the time I got there [not knowing you had to rush through to get anything out of it at all], there was nothing there. No exclusive Pokémon, no nothing. A couple of trainers in a building in the middle of nowhere and a Pokémon Centre just kind of slapped in there. It's a shame, as it's the last major area you visit if you follow the routes in order. I don't know anyone who plays this game. I don't think anyone in my town even owns a DS. Now they're forcing me to go out and find someone in order to even activate an area in the game? Sod that.

This is what this forum is for. I can get the exclusives from trading on here [thank goodness]. Hopefully the exclusive area will be better in the third version. :/

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom