• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V: which starter did you choose and why is it superior to the other two?

Switched Serperior over to B2, taught it outrage then traded back. It totally rules now in single battles, and is not too bad in doubles. All my Unova starters are now lv 70

In every play through in B/W & B2/W2, I always chose Oshawatt as my starter...Of course I intentionally resarted my White game twice so I could restart until I got a female of the other 2 starters then trade them to Black...When I got B2 & W2, I bred Tepig and Snivy so I'd still end up with all the starters in all of my games, etc. x)

In my original White 2 I used Tepig. I expected himto be lame and to have to rely on my other teammates. But then he evolved and crushed some of Marlon's team, took down Ghetsis' Elektross, and got me through the Elite 4. I love Emboar now.

All the times I played 5th gen game, always went with Oshy! at the time I had just started loving mustelids - Oshy being based on an aquatic mustelid instantly became favorite of mine! Dewott looked a lot cooler, then Samurott! even cooler looking.

I did restart a Black version twice so I could try all 3 in a team - Oshy & it's evolutions became the one I relied on the most.

Black - Oshawott - restarted to try all starters
White - Oshawott
Black 2 - Oshawott
White 2 - Oshawott

Dat pun.

I chose Snivy because of Serperior's inspiration from Louis XIV, the Sun King. I may have chosen Tepig instead if it wasn't for Emboar being Fire/Fighting.

Snivy in White, Oshawott in White 2. I like Snivy the most of all the starters in general, while I picked Oshawott only because I already had picked Snivy before.

In white, Snivy, cause i foung the most appealing.
In black, i choose tepig.

I've picked each one at least once, but I always go back to Oshawott/Dewott. Snivy is my favorite design-wise, but is pretty worthless in the games otherwise, and the Tepig line just never really appealed to me.

Mine's always gonna be Tepig.

Even though his family was just another Fire/Fighting one, it was the best by far. It had a unique moveset and moves that actually complimented its low speed. Not all Pokemon have to be fast!

Snivy just seemed a bit bland to me and had a bad moveset.

Oshawott is ok, but it just wasn't appealing to me.

I chose Snivy in one game and Oshawott in the other, though I forget which was which. I chose Snivy because it had a kind of badass feel to it, and Oshawott was a derpy kind of cute. xD I was pretty much set on one of those two since I wasn't a huge fan of Fire/Fighting starter #3 aka Tepig.

I kept picking Oshawott in all four Unova games, as Water is my favourite type, and Samurott looks cooler than Emboar and Serperior. Also, Serperior has a bad movepool and can't hit hard without Contrary, and Emboar is too slow.

I chose Oshawott, because not only is it my mascot, but it’s also the only starter that faces less competition from other Pokémon of the same type. Serperior is easily outclassed by Whimsicott and Lilligant. Why use Emboar when you can use Darmanitan? As for Samurott, it’s only got Seismitoad early on who Samurott still outclasses, while Jellicent can only be obtained after getting Surf.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom