• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Judging by the sketches, it doesn't seem to have spider legs at all. That is a good thing, I don't want another Bug/Grass. Grass/Dark would be pretty lame also.

That design is so... generic. Hopefully it looks better when we see its official artwork and/or screenshots. Grass/Ghost would be nice, but I honestly wouldn't care much if it turned out to be Grass/Dark. It's not like Chespin is confirmed to end up with that combination anyway.

Serebii added this image, which is supposedly a better drawing of it. If it's a close representation, it looks neat (very stereotypical though, but I don't mind at all). I can see Grass/Ghost being shunned in favour of Grass/Fairy for it. Please no Grass/Dark, Chespin is enough.

I wonder, is it a legendary Pokémon or are we going to now have another forest of creepy living trees? If it's the former, I really hope it winds up being the biggest Pokemon in the franchise's history.

It's said to be seen in a Horde Battle; I'm not sure if it was a horde of five Orotto, or whether it was one Orotto versus a horde. Some clarification on that would be good. If it was a horde of five Orotto then we can presume it's a standard Pokemon and not a legendary. I actually hope it isn't a legendary.

It appears in a Horde Battle (with what Pokemon, I don't know), so it's probably not a Legendary...although a Legendary being flanked by normal Pokemon you need to defeat in order to catch it would be neat.

It's said to be seen in a Horde Battle; I'm not sure if it was a horde of five Orotto, or whether it was one Orotto versus a horde. Some clarification on that would be good. If it was a horde of five Orotto then we can presume it's a standard Pokemon and not a legendary. I actually hope it isn't a legendary.

So it was a gameplay trailer? I thought it was a promotion for the next movie.

I don't believe in parts of PokéBeach's rumors being real and parts being fake, so Chespin is pretty much confirmed to evolve into a Grass/Dark Pokémon to me. So, we have Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Cacturne, Chespin's first (maybe?) and second evolutions. That is 4/5 Pokémon, Oakrot better not be another Grass/Dark. I am already pissed that they gave Dark/Flying to Yveltal instead of a more unique type.

So it was a gameplay trailer? I thought it was a promotion for the next movie.

Nope, the Movie Trailer only showed the Starters and Legendaries.

tumblr_mpusdl6Rb71sn2k7qo1_1280.png

I find this to be a good pic, I found it on Pokebeach forums. Of course, I bet it'll look better in official art.

Okay, I just saw the image of it on Serebii, and all I can say is that Oakrot just looks WAY too generic for a Pokemon, it looks more like a stereotypical JRPG tree monster than it does a Pokemon judging by the sketches. It sort of looks more like it would fit in Gen 1 or Dragon Quest than it would Gen 6, given the improvements in Pokemon designs since then. But this is all just my opinion mind you.

Okay, I just saw the image of it on Serebii, and all I can say is that Oakrot just looks WAY too generic for a Pokemon, it looks more like a stereotypical JRPG tree monster than it does a Pokemon judging by the sketches. It sort of looks more like it would fit in Gen 1 or Dragon Quest than it would Gen 6, given the improvements in Pokemon designs since then. But this is all just my opinion mind you.

I would agree, but judging by the last sketch posted by Tsutarja, I think it will look pretty good in Ken Sugimori's artwork and on colors. I am actually more concerned about its typing.

Cobwebs under the arms is a nice touch. Is that just a fan interpretation given what we've been told, or is it from someone who actually went to see the movie?

If it does end up looking like that more or less, I really hope it'd be Grass/Ghost. I'd be find with Grass/Dark too, I guess.

Ghost/Bug?
Ghost/Grass?
Dark/Bug?
Dark/Grass?
Ghost/Poison?

I'm willing to bet turner made it. Not a bad thing of course, but first we had Vanillite with Toriyama eyes and now a Pokemon similar to Treeface. The guys probably a DQ fan and it shows. Again, not a bad thing, simply anecdotal is all.

Rather than Cherrymon, the new pokémon strongly reminds me of Woodmon. Excepet the leaves, of couse. What do you guys think?

images

I can see a cool Ghost/Grass type coming, but the design at this point seems a little uncreative considering it would be very similar do Woodmon.

Gen V kinda felt like there was almost too many Ghost-types. I don't really feel we need a whole lot.

Gen V kinda felt like there was almost too many Ghost-types. I don't really feel we need a whole lot.

Wait, too many Ghost-types? You are joking, right? If anything, there is too many Water-types, Ghosts are still very rare, so the more they create for Generation VI, the better. Oakrot would be a great new Ghost Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom